• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Jesus I can't believe that man was able to keep calm with a murderous pig holding him at gunpoint. He has balls of steel.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck that cop but nope, that "acab" mentality is idiotic and destructive. I cringe whenever I see that shit sprayed on somewhere, usually by some soccer hooligans.

Edit: Germany here, btw. We probably have a better good-cop-ratio than you but still.
If you are German then be quiet and be thankful your police forces are better trained, regulated, and more ethical than American police forces. People saying that in reference to American cops literally does not apply to you.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
A reminder about basic gun safety.

1. ALWAYS KEEP THE MUZZLE POINTED IN A SAFE DIRECTION

This is the most basic safety rule. If everyone handled a firearm so carefully that the muzzle never pointed at something they didn't intend to shoot, there would be virtually no firearms accidents. It's as simple as that, and it's up to you.

Never point your gun at anything you do not intend to shoot. This is particularly important when loading or unloading a firearm. In the event of an accidental discharge, no injury can occur as long as the muzzle is pointing in a safe direction.

A safe direction means a direction in which a bullet cannot possibly strike anyone, taking into account possible ricochets and the fact that bullets can penetrate walls and ceilings. The safe direction may be "up" on some occasions or "down" on others, but never at anyone or anything not intended as a target. Even when "dry firing" with an unloaded gun, you should never point the gun at an unsafe target.

Make it a habit to know exactly where the muzzle of your gun is pointing at all times, and be sure that you are in control of the direction in which the muzzle is pointing, even if you fall or stumble. This is your responsibility, and only you can control it.

That cop wanted to fucking kill that man.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Edit: Sorry Squarehard, didn't mean to quote you.

I know I just figured that's where the argument was going so I thought I'd head it off and just post it right off.
Except that it is legal for the driver to own an AR-15 and keep it in the back of his SUV. So how can legal, constitutionally protected behavior be grounds for a cop shooting someone?

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Emphasis on this for the "allies" on Era:

Never point your gun at anything you do not intend to shoot.

I know I just figured that's where the argument was going so I thought I'd head it off and just post it right off.
But he was complying with the laws of the state. How is that grounds for the cop to, (while already armed), start pointing the second the victim complies with his order.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
The cop fucked up the timing between asking him to turn off the car and yelling "gun". Otherwise he'd have been able to kill him no problem.

Actually he still might have been able to if the driver wasn't filming, but you can see the gears turning in the cops head once he's made the timing error and also realised he's being streamed.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Except that it is legal for the driver to own an AR-15 and keep it in the back of his SUV. So how can legal, constitutionally protected behavior be grounds for a cop shooting someone?

It's not. That's why he wasn't charged with any gun related crimes. The guy almost lost his life and it's completely legal.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
Yelling "he's got a gun" when the guy clearly doesn't should be grounds for pressing charges against the officer and the PD. This guy should be awarded in a multi-million dollar lawsuit because that officer was literally a reflex away from ending his life by any means necessary, fabricating justification to unload.

hwalker84

Oct 29, 2017
Pittsburgh
Jesus

"In March 2019, the case was declared a mistrial as the jury could not reach a verdict on all charges. The jurors voted to acquit Aledda of one misdemeanor count of culpable negligence for shooting at Rios Soto. However they could not reach a decision on the three remaining charges, one of misdemeanor culpable negligence for his shot at Kinsey and two charges of felony attempted manslaughter.[24] Prosecutors have yet to decide if they will retry the case."

D i Z

Oct 25, 2017
Where X marks the spot.
Some? Nigga, please. I guarandamnTEE, a LOT of first thoughts was "he's being so disrespectful".

Some are being slick with the

full

I'm trying not to get sent to the phantom zone again for cussing people out. This black language can be tricky at times.

Oct 26, 2017
Jesus

"In March 2019, the case was declared a mistrial as the jury could not reach a verdict on all charges. The jurors voted to acquit Aledda of one misdemeanor count of culpable negligence for shooting at Rios Soto. However they could not reach a decision on the three remaining charges, one of misdemeanor culpable negligence for his shot at Kinsey and two charges of felony attempted manslaughter.[24] Prosecutors have yet to decide if they will retry the case."

I read that as well. Dude shot at someone else as well.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Last edited:

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cop should be charged for the unlawful brandishing of a firearm with intent to shoot. I suppose aggravated assault with a deadly weapon would be the most appropriate charge. There's no reason for him to have his gun out of the holster and pointed at the man. There's no reason for him to tell the man not to move his hands and then to tell him to turn off the car. And there's no reason for him to yell gun when there's clearly no gun. Just a pig in a suit using excessive force and subsequently issuing three very confusing and contradictory statements to make a civilian panic, and then to shoot that civilian using this setup as a shield.

Another Dallas massacre is inevitible so long as cops like this roam the streets and aren't locked up for their actions with near maximum sentences. That's what happens when murder with impunity occurs

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's not a cop, just a scared man with a badge and a gun. Who the fuck trains these idiots?

So that's a cop. When you apply to become a cop they literally reject your application if you're too intelligent because they literally know that smart people won't integrate well in their little gang.

www.globalresearch.ca

US Court Ruling: You Can Be "Too Smart" to Be a Cop - Global Research

Relevant to the present crisis, this article was first published on GR on December 18, 2014 Can a person actually be “too smart” to be a cop in America? “Considering all the police brutality and officer-involved shootings in the news these days, here’s a rhetorical question for you: how well...

GuessMyUserName

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
Fuck any person complaining about non-compliance here - the man started complying to the orders, pulled his hands into the car to do just that, and the moment he did the officer yelled "GUN". Putting his hands back in the air and keeping them there probably just saved his life, the cop was ordering him into a situation he could kill him in.

A lot of "good cops" standing around and spectating.
Yuuup, nothing at all to step in when their boy's on a racist power tweak with a firearm aimed at a civilian.

Barzul

Oct 25, 2017
It's tough being a black man in this country. Potentially deadly encounter with cop is just another variable I have to factor into my daily routine. And it's funny the reaction this guy had is exactly the one I have in my locker. Start recording immediately and keep hands visible, if he wants me out of my car he can turn it off himself.

Smylie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oregon
Shitty Cop Defense Force on Era would be laughable if they weren't so complicit in the murder of people of color every day in this country.

All cops are bad.

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
A lot of "good cops" standing around and spectating.

Basically this. The "good cops" that supposedly exist never speak out. Their silence is deafening and makes them complicit.

Instead they do nothing and often cover for their "brothers and sisters" since the police are often trained that they are and "us" and that civilians are "them".

bobbychalkers

Oct 26, 2017
A lot of yall would not survive being black in this encounter trying to rationalize the cop's behavior like this.

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
But if there's a slight chance something can be done to better your chances
No

But if there's a slight chance something
No

No

No

There's nothing anybody can do to defuse a high strung cop with a gun pointed at you, especially if you're black. Nothing. Have you paid so little attention to the roots and causes of every act of civil unrest in the united states in opposition to police brutality that you still peddle this fairy tale that the cops are reasonable and can be talked down from a heightened state of fear when they already have their gun out and are using zero tactics to de-escalate a situation.

LookAtMeGo

Oct 25, 2017
a parallel universe
All cars should come equipped with cameras in and out of the car that automatically turn on and start live streaming when you get pulled over.

Also, fuck this cop and the American justice system.

Minx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Illinois
Cop should be charged for the unlawful brandishing of a firearm with intent to shoot. I suppose aggravated assault with a deadly weapon would be the most appropriate charge. There's no reason for him to have his gun out of the holster and pointed at the man. There's no reason for him to tell the man not to move his hands and then to tell him to turn off the car. And there's no reason for him to yell gun when there's clearly no gun. Just a pig in a suit using excessive force and subsequently issuing three very confusing and contradictory statements to make a civilian panic, and then to shoot that civilian using this setup as a shield.

Another Dallas massacre is inevitible so long as cops like this roam the streets and aren't locked up for their actions with near maximum sentences. That's what happens when murder with impunity occurs

Expect there was a gun (maybe this should be put in the OP because hardly anyone in this thread is seeing that fact) . If I see a gun in a car then most likely my gun is coming out of the holster. Definitely would handle things way better than this officer did though.

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Expect there was a gun (maybe this should be put in the OP because hardly anyone in this thread is seeing that fact) . If I see a gun in a car you better believe my gun is coming out of the holster. Definitely would handle things way better than this officer did though.
The moment someone unholsters a weapon and points it is the moment they signal that they intend to shoot. So fuck you. You're a bad cop

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
All cars should come equipped with cameras in and out of the car that automatically turn on and start live streaming when you get pulled over.

Also, fuck this cop and the American justice system.

A swivel camera on the dash would be a brilliant innovation for at least the hopes of accountability.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
have a weird feeling some of the reactions are because this guy didn't act terrified enough for some people. as though anything but complete deference somehow pins the responsibility on the guy who managed to not get shot by a cop who doesn't even know how to hold his gun properly

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Holy shit that cop.
He mastered the proper gangstyle holding of a gun, he choose the suitable career, right?
How the fuck is any of this acceptable?
How can anyone watch this vid and claim that there isn't a major problem with that cop and his interaction with people he's supposed to protect?
Why do the rest of the population has to handle the situation like playing with a live grenade when interacting with the police?
WTF is wrong with this country.

Oct 27, 2017
If he had calmly down what the cop asked he would've gotten shot. Jesus fucking Christ, American police are insane. I was just watching that vid and I was scared to death for that guy, I can't even imagine what I'd do if I got pulled over in America. Probably shit myself.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When did I saw I was going to point it at anyone? Unholstering your weapon doesn't mean you intend to shoot at all.

The officer in this video was aiming his gun directly at the man in the car throughout the whole video. Based on everything else that happened in this video, the officer seemed like he definitely had an intent to shoot

Oct 30, 2017
When did I say I was going to point it at anyone? Unholstering your weapon doesn't mean you intend to shoot at all.

Not sure what fun training you've had but when you pull your gun out and point it you better be ready to use it. This, on top of the fact, the police officer said he had a gun. He intended to kill this person.

MechaJackie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
"HE'S GOT A GUN" said the piece of shit pig, trying to kill a minority.
This whole situation is just the cop trying to find a way to kill a black person, he asking for him to turn off the car was just that, trying to get a excuse to say he "couldn't see his hands".
ACAB, all of them, bunch of fucking whiny cowards.

Minx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Illinois
Not sure what fun training you've had but when you pull your gun out and point it you better be ready to use it. This, on top of the fact, the police officer said he had a gun. He intended to kill this person.
I would likely unholster it any keep it at my side and point it downwards just how it is in my holster. All this is doing is saving me precious seconds if he decided to go for the gun. My reaction is always slower than his action.

Possum Armada

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Greenville, SC
Can a cop legally force you to leave a public place?

Also, fuck that cop. He is either deathly afraid of a black man sitting in a car or he just wants to shoot him because he is black. Either way, get his ass out of a police uniform.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because theres no set of standards between departments.

In Upstate SC, we have so many different police departments it's straight up fucking ridiculous.

Fun Fact: There is no accurate or official record of how many police departments there are in the US.

We literally don't have an accurate count of how many police DEPARTMENTS there are, let alone the number of officers.

JackSwift

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Fuck this cop. Driver didn't do anything wrong and did everything right. I'd be shitting bricks. How could anyone defend what this cop did.