• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
As always, just saw this on Reddit. The cop is straight up holding the gun like a gangster, what the fuck.

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
The cop is straight up holding the gun like a gangster, what the fuck.
Jesus, that's incredibly fucked up. That video is straight-up terrifying, imagine not being able to do anything at all because some asshole with a badge is pointing a gun at you. I'm just glad that stuff like Facebook Live is helping to spread all of this a bit more.

Oct 28, 2017
Power-tripping dickhead. Its super clear he just wants an excuse to shoot, and you can see him freeze like fuck when he notices he's live on air.

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
That kid probably saved his life by putting both those hands in the air, and NOT trying to shut off that car as directed... DAMN... that's so super fucked.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
That cop desperately wanted a reason to let some rounds go. From screaming "he's got a gun!" to demanding he turn off the car, and then LATER saying "I won't shoot you but I won't let you move those hands"...clearly hoping he'd move his hands. The blood lust is strong in that cop.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
EDIT: I've since gone deeper on what I was saying and clarified my post. Under no circumstance was I defending the cop. Please stop quoting this post and carry on.

Last edited:

Ada

Nov 28, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Dismissing concerns surrounding institutional racism over a series of posts
Are we even watching the same video? The cop said turn off the car and he was talking shit non stop till they cuffed him.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
That kid probably saved his life by putting both those hands in the air, and NOT trying to shut off that car as directed... DAMN... that's so super fucked.
Facts. Dude told him to shut the car off and in that instant screams gun. Shows how irrational and chicken shit Police are when faced with a potentially heated situation. Just looking for an excuse.

Oct 26, 2017

The crazy thing is at the beginning he looks like he going to put the car in park and turn it off then the cop yells he has a gun. Then he smartly said "nope" you are going to see both hands at all times.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shitty ass cop is shitty but can't shake the feeling this guy filming only made things worse. I dunno how I would've reacted but it wouldn't be like that.

Still, shitty cop.

A civilian should be able to do anything short of literally physical assault before I take a cop's side.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Gosh that's terrifying. Just "HE'S GOT A GUN!!" out of nowhere.

Props to the dude with the camera for standing up to the cop.
Shitty ass cop is shitty but can't shake the feeling this guy filming only made things worse for him. He did nothing to de escalate the situation (a situation that probably shouldn't have happened).
Civilians should not be responsible for deescalating the police. Full stop.

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
The crazy thing is at the beginning he looks like he going to put the car in park and turn it off then the cop yells he has a gun. Then he smartly said "nope" you are going to see both hands at all times.
For real - that cop was absolutely ready and eager to shoot him. He laid the pretense out... that guy had some quick thinking... I don't think I would have remotely been as sharp as that. I would have signed my own death certificate just trying to comply. Everyone should just have recording on everything and at all times...

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
"he has a gun!"
the other cops don't even react. Must be a standard shout from a police officer.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, you know that cop was looking for a reason to shoot him. Fuck turning the car off, man saved his own life.

Deleted member 34714

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
He had a fucking flashlight he can see if the guy had a gun or not but nope, "HE GOT A GUN"

Made that excuse to shoot, ridiculous.

oldboss

Nov 9, 2017
Pure insanity. That cop looks braindead.

Pure. Fucking. Insanity.

Props to the guy for staying as calm as he did.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The balls on that dude, fuck.

That cop should lose his job but of course he won't.

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
can't shake the feeling this guy filming only made things worse
I can't shake the feeling this guy might be dead if he hadn't been. Cop literally turned to the other responding officers yelling "GUN!" when they didn't have a visual on the driver and couldn't verify that he didn't. This is a few tiny steps away from a murder.

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
Shitty ass cop is shitty but can't shake the feeling this guy filming only made things worse. I dunno how I would've reacted but it wouldn't be like that.

Still, shitty cop.
Wut? The cop tried to murder him. Told him to turn off the car and directly after that he yells he has a gun. He wanted him to go to turn his car off and make it look like he went for a gun.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gosh that's terrifying. Just "HE'S GOT A GUN!!" out of nowhere.

Props to the dude with the camera for standing up to the cop.

Civilians should not be responsible for deescalating the police. Full stop.
You're right but that's not the reality. If you have a shitty bloodthirsty cop in front of you you should try to deescalate and this kid did none of that and put his life even more at risk for it.

Of course it shouldn't have to be like that but it is what it is.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Man. All of the arguments that have happened on the Internet about cops having reasonable justification for blowing us away for being armed (lol 2nd amendment?) are running through my head right now. ☕

Ada

Nov 28, 2017
The Cop fucking told him to shut the car off and the dude moved his hand to do just that. The Cop "freaking out" is all on him and none of the driver's fault.
If you believe that, then why did he repeatedly refuse to turn the ignition off even in front of the other cop right there watching?

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
"he has a gun!"
the other cops don't even react. Must be a standard shout from a police officer.
This is the even more fucked part about it. Cop yell's that and the others don't even react. I can't tell if theyre poorly "trained" or its just bullshit they shout to scare civilians into complying.

Oct 26, 2017

Still, shitty cop.

So when a cop asks you to turn off your car and then yells you have a gun while aiming his gun what would you do with your hands? Careful what you choose, or you could be dead.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A civilian should be able to do anything short of literally physical assault before I take a cop's side.
Did I take the cop's side? For fucks sake I called him shitty, twice. I'm saying that in a bad situation the kid put his life at risk even more by responding like that to a cop pointing a fucking gun at you.
Are we even watching the same video? The cop said turn off the car and he was talking shit non stop till they cuffed him.
Others are saying things apparently happened differently but truth is on that video we can't clearly see what the kid was doing with his hands other than hold a phone.

Oct 28, 2017
You're right but that's not the reality. If you have a shitty bloodthirsty cop in front of you you should try to deescalate and this kid did none of that and put his life even more at risk for it.

Of course it shouldn't have to be like that but it is what it is.

Holy shit you're stupid. He takes his hand away from the point of suspicion, puts them both in clear display and refuses to do anything that would cause a cop to think he has a gun and then shoot him. If there really WAS a gun there, this guy is 100% doing the right thing in keeping his hand away from it and asking another cop there to open the door, turn the car off or whatever.

He was de-escalating the situation perfectly.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
The cop was trying his hardest to escalate the situation. You couldn't be any more chill than the guy recording and dude had a gun being pointed at him by a murderous thug.

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017

Still, shitty cop.

And then, if he did get shot, it would be a couple of pigs words against a citizen who did nothing that warranted the loss of his life. Hell, recording may have saved his life with that cop yelling out "He's got a gun!" While wanting him to shut his car off.

Ada

Nov 28, 2017
Did I take the cop's side? For fucks sake I called him shitty, twice. I'm saying that in a bad situation the kid put his life at risk even more by responding like that to a cop pointing a fucking fun at you.
I agree. The filming defence works for the first part "hes got a gun" fine keep your hands up but after that he should have explained to the cop that he was going to turn off the ignition and defuse the situation. Instead of waiting to be pulled from the vehicle while the car was running.