• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mr X

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia / US
Started forgotten age since we have all the expacs now, the first one wasn't too bad we had a
map
but for the 2nd scenario we did not have a
torch
so it was rough going as we explored.
gf got entombed for the longest and got multiple enemies on her, I hit most of the bad stuff in the explore pile before discovering anything.
. Eager to tackle the rest. Had the base set and was getting the expacs as they came out, but didn't want to start until we had most of the expansion packs.

OP
OP
XShagrath

XShagrath

Oct 25, 2017
I tried Eldritch Horror the other day, but found it too esoteric for me.

Is this one much the same?
What were your problems with Eldritch Horror? The LCG has a much stronger narrative, but is still very rules-heavy. You can expect to mess up a rule or two your first few games, and may even mess up scenario specific rules the first time you play those as well. It's usually not a huge deal though, since it's co-op (unless it's a major rules goof).

Even though there is a strong overarching narrative, the game is highly replayable. Other than having really solid mechanics, and dripping with theme, the story has enough branching paths that very few runs through a campaign with you making the exact same story choices. I'd recommend getting the Core Set and giving it a shot if you're at all interested in the Arkham games, or Lovecraft/Cthulhu games in general. It's a low-enough price point that you can easily bail if you don't like it. After that, you can jump in with any of the campaigns with their deluxe box, and pick up the mythos packs from there.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I tried Eldritch Horror the other day, but found it too esoteric for me.

Is this one much the same?

I can see how someone could find AH TCG a bit isoteric, but I think the game introduces you into the world much better then EH does. Also do you know if the copy of EH you played was a base game? Or was it someone's frankenstein monster that had 15 different expansions in it?

Ace Harding

Oct 25, 2017
If I have 2 cores and the full Dunwich cycle do you think I could make 4 decks for a 4P campaign? Really just looking to intro my group to the game, so I assume this is possible even if at least a couple of the decks aren't super optimized. Any suggestions for investigators?

OP
OP
XShagrath

XShagrath

Oct 25, 2017
If I have 2 cores and the full Dunwich cycle do you think I could make 4 decks for a 4P campaign? Really just looking to intro my group to the game, so I assume this is possible even if at least a couple of the decks aren't super optimized. Any suggestions for investigators?
I don't think this would really be a problem, especially since the Dunwich investigators are essentially single class. As long as you each pick a different class, you should be fine.

Guardian: I'd personally go Zoey over Rex. Her enemy killing seems to be a little better, and her weakness isn't nearly as crippling as Roland's.
Mystic: I'd probably go Agnes here. Jim's good at healing, and his special ability of treating skulls as 0's is nice, but I don't think he comes into his own until later cycles.
Rogue: Jenny over Skids. Once she upgrades to Streetwise, she can crush tons of tests.
Seeker: Both Rex and Daisy are very good at gathering clues. If you want someone a little more straight-forward, Rex is your man, especially on Easy or Standard.
Survivor: Your choice here, as well. Ashcan and Wendy are both very good. Duke's pretty versatile in getting clues or getting in an attack, but Wendy's ability is also very nice if you have some card draw built in.

Matttimeo

Oct 26, 2017
Any suggestions for investigators?
Hmm, that's an interesting one. You can make any four work really, as long as they don't step on each other toes too much (basically don't pick two from the same class) but if I had to throw out a dream team from the first two releases I would go with Rex, Zoey, Wendy and Agnes. Rex is a mad clue gatherer, perhaps a little on the overpowered side, very good at speeding through the scenarios and even better with more players so the locations are nice and loaded up with clues. Zoey is a great tank and monster killer, with four willpower and combat she is arguably the most deathproof investigator in the game and a great bodyguard for the other investigators. With four investigators their will likely be a new monster spawning every round so load her up with half cards that buff combat and damage and the other half that benefit from killing (like 'evidence') and she will be laughing. Wendy is a great tricky investigator that can support both the clue gathering and monster slaying, lot of lovely tricks in the rogue and survivor decks. And finally Agnes cos if you are running four investigators one of them should be a mystic and out of her and Jim she is the more fun choice (although Jim is quite nice as a more support style mystic). Just be careful with her weakness, anything that adds doom is bad but with four investigators running about it is very rough.

HP_Wuvcraft

Oct 26, 2017
South of San Francisco
What were your problems with Eldritch Horror? The LCG has a much stronger narrative, but is still very rules-heavy. You can expect to mess up a rule or two your first few games, and may even mess up scenario specific rules the first time you play those as well. It's usually not a huge deal though, since it's co-op (unless it's a major rules goof).

Even though there is a strong overarching narrative, the game is highly replayable. Other than having really solid mechanics, and dripping with theme, the story has enough branching paths that very few runs through a campaign with you making the exact same story choices. I'd recommend getting the Core Set and giving it a shot if you're at all interested in the Arkham games, or Lovecraft/Cthulhu games in general. It's a low-enough price point that you can easily bail if you don't like it. After that, you can jump in with any of the campaigns with their deluxe box, and pick up the mythos packs from there.
It just seemed way too strict and complex for me. Things seemed to just happen for no reason.

OP
OP
XShagrath

XShagrath

Oct 25, 2017
It just seemed way too strict and complex for me. Things seemed to just happen for no reason.
I would take a look at this video tutorial from FFG, and see what you think.

There are a bunch of other playthroughs on YT, but I wouldn't recommend watching them, as they will end up spoiling the story for you. The first time through a scenario is always the most satisfying. As such, I tend to not even read any of the preview articles from FFG in order to go into each new pack I buy "blind."

Ace Harding

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think this would really be a problem, especially since the Dunwich investigators are essentially single class. As long as you each pick a different class, you should be fine.

Guardian: I'd personally go Zoey over Rex. Her enemy killing seems to be a little better, and her weakness isn't nearly as crippling as Roland's.
Mystic: I'd probably go Agnes here. Jim's good at healing, and his special ability of treating skulls as 0's is nice, but I don't think he comes into his own until later cycles.
Rogue: Jenny over Skids. Once she upgrades to Streetwise, she can crush tons of tests.
Seeker: Both Rex and Daisy are very good at gathering clues. If you want someone a little more straight-forward, Rex is your man, especially on Easy or Standard.
Survivor: Your choice here, as well. Ashcan and Wendy are both very good. Duke's pretty versatile in getting clues or getting in an attack, but Wendy's ability is also very nice if you have some card draw built in.
Hmm, that's an interesting one. You can make any four work really, as long as they don't step on each other toes too much (basically don't pick two from the same class) but if I had to throw out a dream team from the first two releases I would go with Rex, Zoey, Wendy and Agnes. Rex is a mad clue gatherer, perhaps a little on the overpowered side, very good at speeding through the scenarios and even better with more players so the locations are nice and loaded up with clues. Zoey is a great tank and monster killer, with four willpower and combat she is arguably the most deathproof investigator in the game and a great bodyguard for the other investigators. With four investigators their will likely be a new monster spawning every round so load her up with half cards that buff combat and damage and the other half that benefit from killing (like 'evidence') and she will be laughing. Wendy is a great tricky investigator that can support both the clue gathering and monster slaying, lot of lovely tricks in the rogue and survivor decks. And finally Agnes cos if you are running four investigators one of them should be a mystic and out of her and Jim she is the more fun choice (although Jim is quite nice as a more support style mystic). Just be careful with her weakness, anything that adds doom is bad but with four investigators running about it is very rough.
Cool, thanks both. I was thinking Rex, Zoey and Agnes but wasn't sure about the fourth. I have a soft spot for Ashcan so I might use him (and play him myself!)

Alcoremortis

Oct 25, 2017
So my brother bought me Arkham Horror for Christmas and then after playing the first scenario I went and bought a lot more cards because I had such a blast.

My question is: for playing solo, is it possible to make it through with any character or should I really try to stick to certain classes?

OP
OP
XShagrath

XShagrath

Oct 25, 2017
So my brother bought me Arkham Horror for Christmas and then after playing the first scenario I went and bought a lot more cards because I had such a blast.

My question is: for playing solo, is it possible to make it through with any character or should I really try to stick to certain classes?
With the complete card pool, I think any character has the possibility to make it through a campaign solo (on standard or easy). A lot of people that play this game solo also play "two-handed," meaning they're actually controlling two investigators. This allows you to have investigators that are a little more customized, rather than trying to handle all situations with just a single character.

Alcoremortis

Oct 25, 2017
With the complete card pool, I think any character has the possibility to make it through a campaign solo (on standard or easy). A lot of people that play this game solo also play "two-handed," meaning they're actually controlling two investigators. This allows you to have investigators that are a little more customized, rather than trying to handle all situations with just a single character.

I was actually considering doing that as well, but I wasn't sure if it would just make things too complicated. Though I have been considering playing some investigators that look like they'd have a difficult time alone, so that might help out.

HP_Wuvcraft

Oct 26, 2017
South of San Francisco
I would take a look at this video tutorial from FFG, and see what you think.

There are a bunch of other playthroughs on YT, but I wouldn't recommend watching them, as they will end up spoiling the story for you. The first time through a scenario is always the most satisfying. As such, I tend to not even read any of the preview articles from FFG in order to go into each new pack I buy "blind."

Thanks.

DarthSpider

The Fallen
Nov 15, 2017
Hiroshima, Japan
Just picked up the game over the holidays, along with Elder Sign. I've played Elder Sign a whole bunch and Eldritch a few times, and I love them all. I don't get too excited about the game mechanics, but I just love the tone of all these games and the feeling you get when you immerse yourself in them with like-minded friends. Anyways, I'm really looking forward to giving the LCG a go. I'll probably try it solo and go from there.

Malverde

One Winged Slayer
Avenger

These "Turn 2 Cores into a 5 Character Pickup & Play Set" decks on ArkhamDB are really dang solid if you don't have a large card pool.

Roland Banks
"Skids" O'Toole
Wendy Adams
Agnes Baker
Daisy Walker

I also recommend the site for just messing around and deck building. I think I have spent more time on that site than actually playing the game...

Mr X

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia / US
Having a hard time going away from Agnes. Her weakness cards are very manageable and the sorcerer class is so strong in general, high risk, but played right you can minimize that to an extend (and with Agnes turn that risk against enemies sometimes).

Oct 30, 2017
I'm always a bit confused when in comes to items/allies/weaknesses that seem to be campaign specific. Is there anyway to tell which are campaign specific and should be kept with their adventures?
Things like backpack - is that an actual general asset card, or specific to forgotten age?

Matttimeo

Oct 26, 2017
I'm always a bit confused when in comes to items/allies/weaknesses that seem to be campaign specific. Is there anyway to tell which are campaign specific and should be kept with their adventures?
Things like backpack - is that an actual general asset card, or specific to forgotten age?
DarthOrange did a great post at #420 which explains it in great detail with pictures and stuff. But basically you need to look at the top right corner of the card if you see a class symbol (seeker, guardian etc) or no symbol it is a general player card that can be used in any deck as long as it fits in with the investigators deck building requirements. Campaign specific player cards will have unique symbols in little circles that mark them out as part of that specific encounter set and so cannot be used except when the scenario you are playing tells you that you can put them in your deck. Backpack is a neutral player card and can be used in any deck for any scenario, it isn't Forgotten Age only.

Oct 30, 2017
DarthOrange did a great post at #420 which explains it in great detail with pictures and stuff. But basically you need to look at the top right corner of the card if you see a class symbol (seeker, guardian etc) or no symbol it is a general player card that can be used in any deck as long as it fits in with the investigators deck building requirements. Campaign specific player cards will have unique symbols in little circles that mark them out as part of that specific encounter set and so cannot be used except when the scenario you are playing tells you that you can put them in your deck. Backpack is a neutral player card and can be used in any deck for any scenario, it isn't Forgotten Age only.
Thanks dude, that's perfect. Symbol in a circle, campaign specific. Got it.

Oct 30, 2017
Any ideas how to use the Return to Dunwich to store the cycle? Leaving the insert in, there's no way there's enough room. Taking it out, there's too much room!
I feel stupid, but how the hell do I use this damn box?

Ripley

Nov 8, 2017
Any ideas how to use the Return to Dunwich to store the cycle? Leaving the insert in, there's no way there's enough room. Taking it out, there's too much room!
I feel stupid, but how the hell do I use this damn box?

This is second-hand info, but you could try flipping the insert upside down - apparently it's more useful that way. Ah, FFG...

Oct 30, 2017
You can cut the insert. That is what I did for the first Return box. I'll post pictures once I am off work.
Seriously though, WTF? Like Fantasy Flight, why are you so annoying. I assumed this one would have a different insert fold location allowing more cards. But no. The same as the Return to Zealot. So dumb.

But yes, I'd appreciate pics. I thought about cutting and refolding.

Malverde

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Seriously though, WTF? Like Fantasy Flight, why are you so annoying. I assumed this one would have a different insert fold location allowing more cards. But no. The same as the Return to Zealot. So dumb.

But yes, I'd appreciate pics. I thought about cutting and refolding.

Note: It doesn't look full because I am part way through a Carcosa run and like to keep two scenarios prebuilt.

E5LXMcp.jpg

3MPsFZ5.jpg

UVnBAyL.jpg

the_korben

Oct 27, 2017
Just wanted to say thanks for making this great OT the community spotlight thread. It was the reason my wife and I finally took the plunge this weekend. I had been eyeying this game for some time, after we decided to make board gaming a more important part of our digitally-overloaded lives starting this year. There were simply too many days last year where each of us simple queued up some youtube videos to unwind after work and taking care of the kid, barely noticing each others presence throughout the evening. Not recommended. So coop board gaming will hopefully help us kicking that habit a bit. (We kicked off the year playing Reiner Knizia's LOTR coop game from 2001 and really loved that as well!)

Anyway, I bought the core game last week and we started with the first scenario on Friday night. The first hour or so was a confusing mess of constantly refering to the somewhat obfuscated German manual (I don't think they did particularly well with some of the translation of the important gameplay terms). But around the middle of the scenario, the whole thing really took off for us and we had a great time.

I've now read the whole thread and already discovered some mistakes we made in our first run, so we are going to try again tomorrow and then continue on to the second scenario, regardless of the outcome. I'm totally hooked and looking forward to spending way too much money on all this other stuff. :D

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
I suppose I ought to stick my head in here and say hello: Just starting out with the game as of Christmas, where I got the Core Set and the first Dunwich box. Haven't touched Dunwich, but really like what I've played of The Night of the Zealot (and very much aware that it's generally regarded that those scenarios are somewhat weaker than those that come later!)

I've clearly been bitten by the bug - through both this thread and research elsewhere I've done my first big non-gifted AH purchase of a bunch of essentials (i.e. second Core, coin capsules, a few packs of sleeves, the standalone scenarios), and that's led me to a couple of questions that don't seem to be among the usual frequently asked ones, so hopefully folks here could offer a bit of insight:

* I know Return to the Night of the Zealot hasn't been hugely well-received, but I have something of a completionist mindset, so I'll probably pick it up anyway. As such, then, how is it as a storage solution? While it's currently early-days enough that I can easily cram stuff into the Core box, I'm going to guess that that isn't going to last forever! Pictures at least make it look like it's a pretty expansive box, and seems (at least from my estimation!) somewhat larger than the Scenario/Encounter cards alone would suggest.

* I mentioned being a completionist... what about the books? I gather they have some cards on occasion, although frequently described as 'previews', so I assume they're investigators who hadn't been released when the book was; anything interestingly unique buried amongst them? And, for that matter, how are they actually as books!?

* Are there any particularly stand-out fan campaigns? They're mentioned in passing in the OP, but there's no real recommendations there.

* I think my chaos tokens are faulty; I'm sure I just put one tentacle token into the bag, but it appears to multiply in there exponentially. Should I submit a bug report?

OP
OP
XShagrath

XShagrath

Oct 25, 2017
[QUOTE="mclem, post: 16811446, member: 7224"* I know Return to the Night of the Zealot hasn't been hugely well-received, but I have something of a completionist mindset, so I'll probably pick it up anyway. As such, then, how is it as a storage solution? While it's currently early-days enough that I can easily cram stuff into the Core box, I'm going to guess that that isn't going to last forever! Pictures at least make it look like it's a pretty expansive box, and seems (at least from my estimation!) somewhat larger than the Scenario/Encounter cards alone would suggest.[/quote]
The "Return" boxes are designed to hold an entire full-sized campaign. I don't personally use them for a couple of reasons, but there's plenty of room in there. The recently released Return to Dunwich Legacy will hold all eight scenarios sleeved with no problems. As for player cards, you'll probably want to store those in their own dedicated box (although the Return to NotZ will have tons of extra room, due to being only a three scenario campaign).

* I mentioned being a completionist... what about the books? I gather they have some cards on occasion, although frequently described as 'previews', so I assume they're investigators who hadn't been released when the book was; anything interestingly unique buried amongst them? And, for that matter, how are they actually as books!?
Also being a completionist, I have all of the books, but have yet to read any of them. All of the investigators from the books are deemed "alternate versions," This means that they have alternate artwork on the investigator card, but more importantly, they come with "replacement" signature cards and weaknesses. The rules for these state that you can play these characters either with either pair of signature cards, or both. With Circle Undone, three of the five will have their "regular" investigators released. Norman Withers and Silas Marsh are still exclusive to the books.

* Are there any particularly stand-out fan campaigns? They're mentioned in passing in the OP, but there's no real recommendations there.
I haven't really tried any fan campaigns, but you can find a bunch at Arkham Central. I believe they rate them over there as well, so you can probably just pick the most well-received ones.

* I think my chaos tokens are faulty; I'm sure I just put one tentacle token into the bag, but it appears to multiply in there exponentially. Should I submit a bug report?
Pretty sure we've all had this happen at one point or another.

Deleted member 4452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There were simply too many days last year where each of us simple queued up some youtube videos to unwind after work and taking care of the kid, barely noticing each others presence throughout the evening. Not recommended. So coop board gaming will hopefully help us kicking that habit a bit. (We kicked off the year playing Reiner Knizia's LOTR coop game from 2001 and really loved that as well!)
Welcome aboard! Coop boardgaming as a couple is the best. It's definitely gotten me to bond with my SO more.
I've clearly been bitten by the bug - through both this thread and research elsewhere I've done my first big non-gifted AH purchase of a bunch of essentials (i.e. second Core, coin capsules, a few packs of sleeves, the standalone scenarios), and that's led me to a couple of questions that don't seem to be among the usual frequently asked ones, so hopefully folks here could offer a bit of insight:

* I know Return to the Night of the Zealot hasn't been hugely well-received, but I have something of a completionist mindset, so I'll probably pick it up anyway. As such, then, how is it as a storage solution? While it's currently early-days enough that I can easily cram stuff into the Core box, I'm going to guess that that isn't going to last forever! Pictures at least make it look like it's a pretty expansive box, and seems (at least from my estimation!) somewhat larger than the Scenario/Encounter cards alone would suggest.

Before you go overboard, you should prioritize the 6 Dunwich mythos packs first. After that (maybe finished Dunwich first!), either Carcosa or Forgotten Age deluxe xpac + their respective mythos packs. I wouldn't try to get the standalone scenarios and Return To and books until I got those first. Arkham LCG will cost you a lot of money if you're in for the long run, but the full campaigns will likely be the most worth it.

For storage, you can also just buy 1$ cardboard deckboxes.

Oct 30, 2017
Rules check on discarding assets. Let's say I have a knife in one hand and a flashlight in the other. I could throw the knife on a fight action to get rid of it, but how about the flashlight? Do I have to use it three times, or can I commit it to a test as a discard?

OP
OP
XShagrath

XShagrath

Oct 25, 2017
Rules check on discarding assets. Let's say I have a knife in one hand and a flashlight in the other. I could throw the knife on a fight action to get rid of it, but how about the flashlight? Do I have to use it three times, or can I commit it to a test as a discard?
You can only commit cards from your hand. Also, you cannot discard assets when they are empty. The only way to get rid of them is if you needed to replace them with another item that would fill that slot. So, if you had both hands full, and an empty flashlight, you could play a Magnifying Glass to replace the flashlight. If you had an empty hand, the Magnifying Glass would go in the spare hand, and you would have the empty flashlight. This is partially because there are items that can replenish charges/ammo on cards, and also there are encounter cards that can cause you to lose assets. Better to lose that empty flashlight than the weapon you desperately need.

DarthSpider

The Fallen
Nov 15, 2017
Hiroshima, Japan
You can try Melodice and use the LCG or board game soundtracks. Eldritch Horror or any other Lovecraft mythos game probably has a similarly selected soundtrack.
There's an FFG Arkham Files playlist on Spotify.
Some jazz age music, maybe? I listen to a lot of horror soundtracks on vinyl i have.
bohren & der club of gore
Cryochamber artists.
Specifically for the second scenario in night of the zealot

https://youtu.be/xIx_HbmRnQY

Thank you all very much. I'll definitely go check these out.

Tater

Oct 30, 2017
By most, you mean one, right?

When I posted it, all but Dirge of Reason were in stock. I was able to get my order through, but from your timestamp it looks like they sold through that in less than an hour. Sorry, man :(

I totally agree with you, though - it's a little ridiculous to have such low inventory on something like this. I just got into the game, and it makes me wonder if I need to scramble to grab everything before it goes out of print.

OP
OP
XShagrath

XShagrath

Oct 25, 2017
When I posted it, all but Dirge of Reason were in stock. I was able to get my order through, but from your timestamp it looks like they sold through that in less than an hour. Sorry, man :(

I totally agree with you, though - it's a little ridiculous to have such low inventory on something like this. I just got into the game, and it makes me wonder if I need to scramble to grab everything before it goes out of print.

I already had all the books, so no worries on my end. I did have to buy Ires of the Void on the secondary market, and pay a little more than retail, but not too much.

I don't think you really need to worry about anything going out of print with this game, at least not for a long time. Now, out of stock is a different issue. As seen with these books, it can be a long time between print runs. The regular products don't seem to have gaps that are this large though, which is good.

SigSig

Oct 26, 2017
After a couple of rather introductory sessions, tonight we'll start our first campaign. I'm really excited!

Antiquegamer

Oct 27, 2017
Having a hard time going away from Agnes. Her weakness cards are very manageable and the sorcerer class is so strong in general, high risk, but played right you can minimize that to an extend (and with Agnes turn that risk against enemies sometimes).
Agnes is my favorite gator and purple is definitely my favorite to play next to survivor. Agnes signature card is total trash however and her weakness is actually very punishing. You lost 2 resources and basically 3 actions and even more devastating in multiplayer because potential of action lost is even greater unless you draw it during doom twilight (before agenda flips) then it's not as bad but still cost 2 resource and one of your action. That said, if you have plenty of horror to spare then keeping it in your hand for a few turns to ping enemy is actually useful but drawing it late game when your horror is almost at max can be pretty bad.

I can't wait to try Diana and only one I haven't really try is Jim Culver. Father Mateo is also solid for purple.

I have them all but have only read To Fight the Black Wind. I actually really enjoyed it. Any recommendations on which one to read next?
I read the one with Jenny and Norman. Norman one is actually not bad, Jenny was alright. I am reading Silas currently and it's ok so far.

Last edited:

Matttimeo

Oct 26, 2017
Agnes signature card is total trash however and her weakness is actually very punishing. You lost 2 resources and basically 3 actions and even more devastating in multiplayer because potential of action lost is even greater unless you draw it during doom twilight (before agenda flips)
Afraid Dark Memory causes the agenda to advance like in the mythos phase. It is just as punishing if you play it with zero doom on the current agenda or with it being one step from advancing, you are still effectively losing a turn.

Antiquegamer

Oct 27, 2017
Afraid Dark Memory causes the agenda to advance like in the mythos phase. It is just as punishing if you play it with zero doom on the current agenda or with it being one step from advancing, you are still effectively losing a turn.
Yeah, I forgot it advance doom also so yes, either way her weakness is probably one of the worst in the game. 3 actions is very punishing.

Also someone using that trash storage box from Return by FFG this could be an option but will add more expense. It's an insert for the overly large box. Alternatively you can get some scrap packaging foam and cut them to size to hold up cards when it's not full. I did that back when I was playing a lot of CCG. Or get some deckbox and use the extra space to hold investigator deck or two.
https://go7gaming.com/product/ahl-001-for-arkham-horror-zealot/

Last edited:
OP
OP
XShagrath

XShagrath

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I forgot it advance doom also so yes, either way her weakness is probably one of the worst in the game. 3 actions is very punishing.
A lot of the early signature weaknesses equated to three actions. Cover Up, Hospital Debts, and the Necronomicon can all equate to being three actions.

Also someone using that trash storage box from Return by FFG this could be an option but will add more expense. It's an insert for the overly large box. Alternatively you can get some scrap packaging foam and cut them to size to hold up cards when it's not full. I did that back when I was playing a lot of CCG. Or get some deckbox and use the extra space to hold investigator deck or two.
https://go7gaming.com/product/ahl-001-for-arkham-horror-zealot/
I'm changing my storage solution again, and will be using the Return boxes. I found a 3d-printed solution that I'm going to try next week after I get my filament. It's very similar to this go7 insert, but at a fraction of the cost.

I've decided to cut my losses on pre-building, so I'll be storing each campaign in its own box. The Magic Bundle boxes aren't big enough to hold the scenario cards + core encounter sets needed + Return to in one box. Also, I do really dig the file drawer look of the Return boxes.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
My only issue with using the return boxes to exclusively store those scenarios is that each of hte campaigns rely on me using the core set encounter sets to the point where I feel more at ease putting them in a position where they're going to always be available for the picking. Otherwise I'd have to open return to Zealot everytime I want to play a campaign.