• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
XShagrath

XShagrath

Oct 25, 2017
My only issue with using the return boxes to exclusively store those scenarios is that each of hte campaigns rely on me using the core set encounter sets to the point where I feel more at ease putting them in a position where they're going to always be available for the picking. Otherwise I'd have to open return to Zealot everytime I want to play a campaign.
Up until yesterday, I was prebuilding everything. So I have 15 core sets worth of encounter sets. I can have a core set with every campaign, no problems.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
Up until yesterday, I was prebuilding everything. So I have 15 core sets worth of encounter sets. I can have a core set with every campaign, no problems.
I only bought two core sets so I could probably afford enough for Return of Zealot and Return of Dunwich (and nothing else)...of course, I'd have to look through my custom scenarios and see which cards I used to put the proxy sleeves together, lol..

Malverde

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
My only issue with using the return boxes to exclusively store those scenarios is that each of hte campaigns rely on me using the core set encounter sets to the point where I feel more at ease putting them in a position where they're going to always be available for the picking. Otherwise I'd have to open return to Zealot everytime I want to play a campaign.

Not if you bought an extra core set for each Return campaign...

(I'm totally contemplating doing this)

Matttimeo

Oct 26, 2017
You actually don't need the core set encounter cards at all for Return to Dunwich. They provide new encounter sets that replace the original core encounter sets in the Dunwich scenarios that need them. Its nice cos I've now got Zealot and Dunwich campaigns both boxed up and next time I want to play them I just need the cards in that box alone (and the player cards of course).

OP
OP
XShagrath

XShagrath

Oct 25, 2017
You actually don't need the core set encounter cards at all for Return to Dunwich. They provide new encounter sets that replace the original core encounter sets in the Dunwich scenarios that need them. Its nice cos I've now got Zealot and Dunwich campaigns both boxed up and next time I want to play them I just need the cards in that box alone (and the player cards of course).
I'm going to store all of Dunwich and Return to Dunwich in the same box, so I can switch between them as necessary.

Antiquegamer

Oct 27, 2017
You just need to buy more Core set. : P

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT

Just pull an Xshagrath and buy enough copies of the core box to ensure every scenario is pre built :P

mclem

Oct 25, 2017

With two Cores, I'm loosely planning to have one set of NotZ encounters permanently packaged with Return to the Night of the Zealot while I keep the second one with my player cards as part of my "For all campaigns" box. That way for any given campaign I just need my player box and my campaign box for that campaign.

It's much easier to just work in terms of swapping those encounters around rather than lugging the entirety of RttNotZ each time! When you take out the scenario-specific cards, there's only, what, forty or so?

Edit: Just counted them up. I'm assuming the Cult of Umordhoth cards are scenario-specific even though they're a separate set from Midnight Masks, which means there's a nice round fifty encounter cards that aren't Scenario-specific in Core:

5 Cult of Umordhoth (Presumably not included)
3 Rats
7 Ghouls
7 Striking Fear
3 Ancient Evils
4 Chilling Cold
6 Dark Cult
4 Nightgaunts
2 Locked Doors
4 Agents of... x4 = 16

Last edited:
OP
OP
XShagrath

XShagrath

Oct 25, 2017
Just pull an Xshagrath and buy enough copies of the core box to ensure every scenario is pre built :P
As mentioned a little bit earlier, I've decided to drop out of that race. TFA had put a big hurt on me, as that Poison encounter set is used seven times! I think I only bought four of those, and was waiting to see a really good price to get the other three. After purchasing Return to Dunwich and wanting to keep that pre-built as well, I'd have to buy who knows how many copies of that. So, I'm going to cut my losses, and purchase things in the future like a semi-sane individual.

I've got enough core sets where I can include their encounter cards with each campaign, and if we go past fifteen campaigns, I'll buy another core set for each one, so that I can have all cards needed contained in a single box, along with its "Return" companion.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Had my first sleeving session last night, sleeved my entire first Core. It's rather therapeutic when you just stick something on the telly and get at it!

Wish I could make up my mind as to quite where I want the opening on Act/Agenda cards, though.

(Also now I have a nicely sleeved deck, I can start to try to get my head around the mash shuffle)

Edit:

* I think my chaos tokens are faulty; I'm sure I just put one tentacle token into the bag, but it appears to multiply in there exponentially. Should I submit a bug report?

As a corollary to this, I'm currently playing my first game after putting my tokens in coin capsules, and since I did that, I have drawn the Elder Sign three times in a row. The chaos bag is pleased with my plasticy tribute.

Edit2: I have now drawn the tentacle three times too. I angered the bag by talking about it.

Last edited:

yungronny

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Had my first sleeving session last night, sleeved my entire first Core. It's rather therapeutic when you just stick something on the telly and get at it!

Wish I could make up my mind as to quite where I want the opening on Act/Agenda cards, though.

(Also now I have a nicely sleeved deck, I can start to try to get my head around the mash shuffle)
What sleeves did you use? And where are you storing them? I'm still not sure what the hell to use to story my 2 cores and all the mythos packs I've bought.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
What sleeves did you use? And where are you storing them? I'm still not sure what the hell to use to story my 2 cores and all the mythos packs I've bought.
Just FFG's own sleeves (so the 'grey' range). At the moment I'm storing them all stood up in a box without a lid, but I should be getting the Return to... boxes at some point as a longer-term solution.

Ace Harding

Oct 25, 2017
I only have 2 cores and the full Dunwich cycle and the plan was to go in order of release...

But I'm really tempted to go to TFA next just to be getting new packs as they come out and people (and podcasts) are talking about them.

Is that a bad idea and will I make it really hard on myself? Do they balance cycles assuming people have all the cards released to that point?

OP
OP
XShagrath

XShagrath

Oct 25, 2017
I only have 2 cores and the full Dunwich cycle and the plan was to go in order of release...

But I'm really tempted to go to TFA next just to be getting new packs as they come out and people (and podcasts) are talking about them.

Is that a bad idea and will I make it really hard on myself? Do they balance cycles assuming people have all the cards released to that point?
You're a cycle behind then. The Circle Undone cycle just started last week, so that's what people will be talking about mostly.

You can get the cycles in any order, but Dunwich has a lot of good player cards in it. I've been buying the packs as they release since the beginning, so it's hard to really gauge how you would fare using just cards from Core & Dunwich. You should be fine with that moving on to any other cycle though, I would think.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
Core + Dunwich is fine. It has a lot of staple cards between the two sets. As the cycles go on cards become less stapleish and more varied in utility for better or worse.

Ace Harding

Oct 25, 2017
You're a cycle behind then. The Circle Undone cycle just started last week, so that's what people will be talking about mostly.

You can get the cycles in any order, but Dunwich has a lot of good player cards in it. I've been buying the packs as they release since the beginning, so it's hard to really gauge how you would fare using just cards from Core & Dunwich. You should be fine with that moving on to any other cycle though, I would think.
Whoops yes of course - The Circle Undone is what I meant.
Core + Dunwich is fine. It has a lot of staple cards between the two sets. As the cycles go on cards become less stapleish and more varied in utility for better or worse.
Ok thanks good to know!

Malverde

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
I haven't actually played through The Forgotten Age despite owning all the sets. I just like buying all the sets to have deck building options. I have The Circle Undone, Return to Dunwich, and Guardians of the Abyss set to come in on next week. I'll be wrapping up my Carcosa run with Pete and Jenny by going through Guardians of the Abyss with them before finally retiring them. They also went through Rougarou and Carnevale about halfway through Carcosa so they are officially the characters we have spent the longest with.

Anyway, these are the decks we have for Forgotten Age. Any advice or recommendations for changes before we jump in?

https://arkhamdb.com/decklist/view/9443/joe-diamond-investigador-privado-the-forgotten-age-1.0
https://arkhamdb.com/decklist/view/9444/silas-marsh-el-quinto-jinete-the-forgotten-age-1.0

Cindres

Oct 28, 2017
I really should sleeve, noticed some cards are looking a bit worn... But then they won't fit in the box I put together anymore :'( Didn't plan that very well.

Also finally played with another person for the first time on Friday night, my girlfriend's decided she really should try some of these co-op games with me after I've been soloing them for so long so after a successful night of Escape The Dark Castle last weekend we delved a bit deeper and ran through the first scenario of Night of The Zealot. I tried not to guide too much in terms of what we should do next and on our turns, helped that I found a Jenny deck for her who I haven't played yet, nor have I ever really used the Rogue cards so I couldn't offer too much in the way of play advice and it let her just figure it out. Proper got into it so we're going to be moving forward in the scenario very soon.

Matttimeo

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't actually played through The Forgotten Age despite owning all the sets. I just like buying all the sets to have deck building options. I have The Circle Undone, Return to Dunwich, and Guardians of the Abyss set to come in on next week. I'll be wrapping up my Carcosa run with Pete and Jenny by going through Guardians of the Abyss with them before finally retiring them. They also went through Rougarou and Carnevale about halfway through Carcosa so they are officially the characters we have spent the longest with.

Anyway, these are the decks we have for Forgotten Age. Any advice or recommendations for changes before we jump in?

https://arkhamdb.com/decklist/view/9443/joe-diamond-investigador-privado-the-forgotten-age-1.0
https://arkhamdb.com/decklist/view/9444/silas-marsh-el-quinto-jinete-the-forgotten-age-1.0
Nice, me and my coop partner are also playing through Guardians of the Abyss as a way of retiring our characters, although we are doing it after Forgotten Age rather then the Carcosa campaign. Anyway, regarding your decks I like the Joe deck. Very nice selection of cards, I would be tempted to take 1 more copy of Dodge since it is such a useful card but that's just me. The hunch deck is perfect, exactly how I would run it. If you have access to all the Carcosa cards I would recommend Eidetic Memory as a possible upgrade, that card combos very strongly with Joes core power. Silas deck also looking good, I'm a tad worried about his sanity protection, I would be tempted to throw in Peter and/or 2 copies of Fearless, I would certainly recommend getting the Eldar Sign Amulet asap. But they're all fairly minor things and I think you are pretty good to go in Forgotten Age.

Malverde

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Has anyone else here used the Arkham Horror mod on Tabletop Simulator? It works perfectly and it pulls decks from ArkhamDB too. I started a solo Dunwich run with Rita and have been having a ton of success. I uploaded some pictures on Imgur so y'all can see what the interface looks like (Spoilers for the first five Dunwich scenarios at the link).

I haven't had a chance to play the physical version in a bit and I didn't want to have to destroy my brother's Ashcan deck to build a Rita deck for solo only to have to go back and redo the Ashcan once we are finally get the chance to play together. This makes it so much easier for me to experiment in true solo without messing with the campaigns I am in the middle of with other people using the physical cards.

Antiquegamer

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone have any further impressions of Guardians of the Abyss or Circle Undone?
Guardians is a really long stand-alone and take some of the mechanic from TFA. I find it to be really hard. I like Circle Undone so far. Interesting story and fun choices at the end. I like where they are taking this hopefully it's less binary than TFA.

Last edited:

Matttimeo

Oct 26, 2017
I've done the first scenario in Circle Undone (well technically the prologue and the first scenario). Seems enjoyable so far, kinda rough from the outset. Their are a lot of vicious debuffs in the first encounter deck and they can really cripple you if they hit a weak point. I was Preston Fairmont with a Joe Diamond partner and about halfway through he got hit by three hexes in a row which completely stopped his ability to do anything. Luckily I was Preston with a fire axe and he is completely mental with that card.

Malverde

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Welp that Rita deck completely and hopelessly flopped in Where Doom Awaits. I had five hunters on me at one point. Should have bought that bow. :(

Confession: I have never actually beat that scenario. I have never even seen act 2 of Where Doom Awaits, and as a result I don't know what Lost in Time and Space is about. This run with Rita was the closest I have gotten to advancing the first act and I was still overwhelmed. The second closest was in coop with Carolyn and Yorick and they also got immediately overwhelmed in such a way that we didn't even bother trying the scenario again.

Antiquegamer

Oct 27, 2017
Welp that Rita deck completely and hopelessly flopped in Where Doom Awaits. I had five hunters on me at one point. Should have bought that bow. :(

Confession: I have never actually beat that scenario. I have never even seen act 2 of Where Doom Awaits, and as a result I don't know what Lost in Time and Space is about. This run with Rita was the closest I have gotten to advancing the first act and I was still overwhelmed. The second closest was in coop with Carolyn and Yorick and they also got immediately overwhelmed in such a way that we didn't even bother trying the scenario again.
I finished Carcorsa, TFA and both version of Night of the Zealots along with Lunacy but just last month finally get through WDA (and I reset the game once). That scenario is probably the worst design of all Arkham Horror LCG. I told Xshargrath that if had not played Carcosa prior to playing Where Doom Await I would have sold everything and quit this game.

You essentially need a high intelligence Seeker or you will not get past the first part. I ran with Agnes the first time and I quit after the 5th times resetting it when I deemed the scenario was impossible. Even with better card pool it was hard using Jenny as pseudo Seeker to get through that part. I got Lola Santiago and one of the story asset that boost intellect. Lola frankly is probably an over powered card from TFA set especially paired with moneybag like Jenny and it was still quite a challenge.

Last edited:

Tater

Oct 30, 2017
I still need to figure out what to do for storage. I've done a few runs with the core set, but I'm itching to crack open Dunwich Legacy. Thing is, I don't want to end up with a giant unorganized pile of cards.

Does anyone here have the Artist's Case + Organizer setup? Or are you guys just doing something simpler?

Antiquegamer

Oct 27, 2017
Card box for scenario and player cards input in binders easy to find the card, build deck and teaching new player.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I still need to figure out what to do for storage. I've done a few runs with the core set, but I'm itching to crack open Dunwich Legacy. Thing is, I don't want to end up with a giant unorganized pile of cards.

Does anyone here have the Artist's Case + Organizer setup? Or are you guys just doing something simpler?

I have a bcw box but I really like using the return to boxes for their premium dividers. You can buy this

https://go7gaming.com/product/ahl-001-for-arkham-horror-zealot/

To make the return to boxes a much better storage solution.

Deleted member 38227

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Are the cards included in the novellas just variants of other already printed cards, or are there new cards, too?

OP
OP
XShagrath

XShagrath

Oct 25, 2017
Are the cards included in the novellas just variants of other already printed cards, or are there new cards, too?
They're called "replacements." Each novella comes with an investigator, with their investigator card, signature card(s), and signature weakness(es). All of the investigators will eventually show up in the game via the normal channels, but they will have different art on their cards, and different signature cards as well.

For instance, Roland Banks (from the Core) has his signature .38, and Cover Up as his weakness, but the novella has Mysteries Remain, and Dirge of Reason. The rules for replacements state that you can play that investigator with either set of signature cards, or with both, if you desire.

Deleted member 38227

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
They're called "replacements." Each novella comes with an investigator, with their investigator card, signature card(s), and signature weakness(es). All of the investigators will eventually show up in the game via the normal channels, but they will have different art on their cards, and different signature cards as well.

For instance, Roland Banks (from the Core) has his signature .38, and Cover Up as his weakness, but the novella has Mysteries Remain, and Dirge of Reason. The rules for replacements state that you can play that investigator with either set of signature cards, or with both, if you desire.
Thanks!

Tater

Oct 30, 2017
Thanks for the storage suggestions! I don't have the 'Return To' boxes yet, but I may just grab those now and get the go7 inserts, those look nice.

Now I'm debating getting the Artist's Case, and one of the inserts to go with that. Any of you guys have experience with those?

OP
OP
XShagrath

XShagrath

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the storage suggestions! I don't have the 'Return To' boxes yet, but I may just grab those now and get the go7 inserts, those look nice.
The 'Return To' boxes off the shelf are pretty horrible. For whatever reason, the boxes are very wide (enough to fit a deckbox in), so the cards can have a lot of room to slide back and forth horizontally. The go7 insert fixes this, but is rather spendy. If you have access to a 3D Printer (or know someone who does), there's an insert that works very similarly. I have a friend who has a printer, so I bought a spool of PLA filament for $20, and will be able to get four inserts out of it.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3120261

Now I'm debating getting the Artist's Case, and one of the inserts to go with that. Any of you guys have experience with those?
I know a lot of people who went with the Artist's Case in the beginning, but are now either needing a second one, or it's just becoming way too heavy. There's very little need to be able to transport your entire collection all at once.

My current storage solution (ever-changing), is 'Return To' boxes for NotZ (stand-alones fit in here too) and Dunwich. I've got a two row BCW shoebox to house Carcosa and Forgotten Age, and then Circle Undone is in a Magic Bundle Box for portability. My player cards were in deckboxes (one for Level 0, one for 1+) for each class, but I moved them back to binders over the weekend, with one for each class. These are sorted by Asset, Event, Skill with each having dedicated pages, so that it won't take as much work when new packs come out.

If interested, I can take some pictures later today when I get home from work.

Tater

Oct 30, 2017
If interested, I can take some pictures later today when I get home from work.

Yes please! I'm always interested in seeing people's storage setups. My biggest complaint with this game is that there's no real thought towards organization from the creators, and it gets in the way of the enjoyment a bit.

Good points on the weight of the artists case - I hadn't considered that. Now I'm thinking about getting a couple of inserts for the core boxes, and using those in conjunction with the 'Return To' boxes.

The BCW boxes get the job done, but they seem fairly pricey for what you get, and they look pretty ugly IMHO.

Antiquegamer

Oct 27, 2017
Yes please! I'm always interested in seeing people's storage setups. My biggest complaint with this game is that there's no real thought towards organization from the creators, and it gets in the way of the enjoyment a bit.

Good points on the weight of the artists case - I hadn't considered that. Now I'm thinking about getting a couple of inserts for the core boxes, and using those in conjunction with the 'Return To' boxes.

The BCW boxes get the job done, but they seem fairly pricey for what you get, and they look pretty ugly IMHO.
I think FFG stance is that there are plenty of after market products already so how you want to store your games is up to you. I will have to disagree that it get in the way of enjoyment. FFG marketed this as a collectible card games and if you just go look up the aftermarket products to store CCG there are hundreds of options out there. I won't disagree that the packaging is terrible that is true of all FFG products. The Return style box is probably how the big Expansion should be sold just like how WotC put out those FAT pak for each cycle.

I have Artist Box and it's not a bad way to store cards as you can put a lot in those boxes and they are much more pleasing than plain white shoe box styles card box. That said after The Forgotten Age I found them cumbersome and most of the time you just need that particular cycle and cards from the core set. I used recycle Magic Fat pak, spray paint black and decorated them with the paper insert from the Mythos Pak. Though the latest cycle there are more and more Adventure Cards and with the Return set the Fat Pak are just too small if you sleeve the cards. My current solution is transfer the set to Return box when they came out and used the one I have as "temp" storage for the current cycle or one that doesn't have Return to box yet.

As for player cards, as ex-CCG junkie, I always find that it's better to store them in binders. It's easier to make deck, search for cards and hand it to someone to upgrade their deck. I throw some pics in Google album may be you can see them?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/EoK2kwr9Ww4WyPQj9

Last edited:
OP
OP
XShagrath

XShagrath

Oct 25, 2017
Incoming image dump!

I apologize for the slight messiness of things. I still need to get around to printing out a few dividers.

Return to Night of the Zealot /w all stand-alone scenarios. This uses a 3D printed insert to keep the cards from sliding around.
T8ngZcFh.jpg

Return to Dunwich Legacy. Same thing with the 3D insert, and missing dividers.
X6MGzhfh.jpg

Path to Carcosa and The Forgotten Age in a BCW Shoebox. I need to print out some dividers here (and printed some of them at different sizes for some reason). Also want to glue a couple card sleeves to the front and put some art on there to label which campaign is in which box. I should only ever really need one shoebox though.
52bTAPUh.jpg

Player card binders
yise4abh.jpg

Inside of a couple binders
cxQI5zoh.jpg

Various upgrades. Chaos bag, chaos tokens, path markers, doom counters (generic, and Forgotten Age), damage for enemies, spell charges, and reminder tokens
4uBvSiFh.jpg

Mythos boards (Dunwich and Forgotten Age). Sample of health, sanity, resource, and clue tokens on board. Sample of investigator tokens in coin capsules.
PWaDkgoh.jpg

Some miscellaneous custom cards. Top row is Campaign Note cards (basically the things you would write in your campaign log, but in card form), and Supply Cards (for TFA). The small cards are for chaos token adds, and then the bottom cards are for Trauma and Unspent XP. I also have the Campaign Note cards for NotZ and Dunwich, but those are in their respective Return boxes.
24bKTl6h.jpg

Circle Undone is not shown, as I forgot to take a picture of it. It's just in a Magic Bundle box (sprayed black), with the same style dividers. Use your imagination!

Malverde

One Winged Slayer
Avenger

In hindsight, I probably would have just bought a BCW box if I was doing it again. The issue is that you will always rapidly outgrow any storage solution. With the "Return to" boxes, campaigns each have a nice box to store everything in, and those seem to be releasing every three campaigns, which means you only need a temporary storage solution for about three campaigns at any given time if you are staying up to date.

I've got a fancier wooden box but it only fits two campaigns in it, and I currently have all my standalone scenarios in ziplock bags. At some point I will be switching the standalones to the wooden box and the campaigns to a BCW box until their "Return" box is released.

Pictures of my storage here. I used to put more care into the dividers I created but knowing that they are temporary made me care a lot less. You can see the quality drop from Carcosa to Forgotten Age, with the later being printed when I was low on ink (I had designed them to be light green) and the printer was out of alignment at the time.

Incoming image dump!

I apologize for the slight messiness of things. I still need to get around to printing out a few dividers.

Those inserts for the Return boxes are beautiful. I also love all the fancy tokens. Outside of coin capsules and plastic stands for investigators I haven't upgraded anything else. I have had an eye on those Team Coven tokens for a while but it would create another thing to keep organized which is what has kept me away.

I would be interested in seeing y'alls play areas. I play on a coffee table with a Smash Up mat that almost perfectly covers the table, and we play side by side.

I usually do stages in the middle, with act, agenda, scenario, and encounter deck below, in-between us, the the two investigator play areas on either side of that divide. I love the plastic stands for investigators, they add a nice extra oomph and make it feel more like a board game.
NBob7gt.jpg

Space sometimes ends up pretty tight though, and I feel like adding investigator boards would take up real estate I often times don't have.

MgMig6u.jpg

My brother used to love to just mix all the tokens together to create a giant unorganized mess and while it originally drove me crazy I have actually grown to appreciate the chaos and now we just do that for all our games. Also everything gets moves around so much that by the end of the a session everything looks horrifying to anyone who wasn't part of the slow descent into madness.

VsxNYtW.png

OP
OP
XShagrath

XShagrath

Oct 25, 2017
Do you keep the player cards sleeved in those binder pockets?
I do not. There's 2-4 copies of each card per pocket. I was buying 2+ of every product for a while, but stopped.

If I was using clear sleeves for my player cards, I probably would. But I sleeve player decks in the color for their investigator (Blue, Purple, Green, Orange, Red, and Grey for Lola).

Deleted member 4452

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I do not. There's 2-4 copies of each card per pocket. I was buying 2+ of every product for a while, but stopped.

If I was using clear sleeves for my player cards, I probably would. But I sleeve player decks in the color for their investigator (Blue, Purple, Green, Orange, Red, and Grey for Lola).
I use clear (penny) sleeves. Do sleeved cards even fit in those pockets?

Tater

Oct 30, 2017
XShagrath, are those the Aurbits chaos tokens? Those look sexy.

Seeing your setup has me questioning my plans - I was going to go for one large box, but seeing your setup using the Return boxes makes me think that's a better scenario. And as DarthOrange said, it's easy to outgrow storage solutions for a game like this. Do we even know how many cycles they're planning to do?

I had even looked at the OpLaser boxes, but now I think I might just get inserts for my core boxes, and then get the Return boxes.

I'm still not sold on the binders, as slick as they look. I kind of like picking up a stack and rifling through them, but I can't deny how well organized those are.

OP
OP
XShagrath

XShagrath

Oct 25, 2017
Do you know about how many binder pages you've needed for all player cards so far?
I don't know off-hand, but it's about one page per card type per class (so six pages per class, on average). There's quite a bit of empty space though. The reason I separated them like that is to make it easier to organize with new packs. Previously, I had everything bunched together (and alphabetical), and I was spending an hour or more shifting cards around each time a Mythos Pack came out.

Yeah, those are the Aurbits tokens in 25mm coin capsules with the foam ring. The path markers are also from Aurbits.

Antiquegamer

Oct 27, 2017

Seeing your setup has me questioning my plans - I was going to go for one large box, but seeing your setup using the Return boxes makes me think that's a better scenario. And as DarthOrange said, it's easy to outgrow storage solutions for a game like this. Do we even know how many cycles they're planning to do?

I had even looked at the OpLaser boxes, but now I think I might just get inserts for my core boxes, and then get the Return boxes.

I'm still not sold on the binders, as slick as they look. I kind of like picking up a stack and rifling through them, but I can't deny how well organized those are.
I played CCG for years and years back in the day, binder is the only way to go for player cards if you want to think long term. Storage boxes are fine common and uncommon or cards that out of rotation and none of that exist in Arkham Horror LCG, at least not yet.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Just noticed a couple of the novellas in the wild in the UK, looks like the reprints have found their way over here. There's one Amazon seller with a hefty markup, but there's also independent stores that seem to have at least some in stock

Antiquegamer

Oct 27, 2017
OK resurrected my old Imgur account so I can post pictures

Z9Wb4UN.jpg

Yd5dD6l.jpg

Artist Case set up. It was nice to have everything all in a box but it was getting heavy and take so much space on the table. I switch to the Magic Fat box after seeing Xshagrath but as you can see they get filled up to the brim and was getting really tight.

Rli7HWD.jpg

jOO3QkC.jpg

S2eqWqw.jpg

Last edited: