• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Screenshot_20200209-155711_Arknights.jpg

Current team, just finished 1-10, how am I looking? I know Savage is considered a bit poor but I think she's really cool, I like putting her in front of a defender to start smacking away while having a ranged death squad around them.

Not bad, I'd probably replace one of your casters with a second vanguard for early DP generation (I can't think of any regular map where 3 casters are needed or used really)

Silence's second skill is amazing so I'd recommend you E1 her first.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not bad, I'd probably replace one of your casters with a second vanguard for early DP generation (I can't think of any regular map where 3 casters are needed or used really)

Silence's second skill is amazing so I'd recommend you E1 her first.

I was running Plume but replaced her with Melantha, as I feel like she's even better at playing Vanguard than actual Vanguards, but I agree I'm a bit caster-heavy. I often find myself wishing I could drop another melee. Think I should toss Nightmare, Lava, or Amiya? I use Lava the least but I worry about having no AoE casters.

Oct 25, 2017
urgh i have like 10 units stuck at max lvl because i need those chips to promote to e1 lol.

when are the challenge quests unlocking?

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
I finally saw the mythical Senior Operator tag when recruiting. Not sure if I made the right decision though. It came with Guard, Sniper, Medic & DPS Tags

Current Squad (5* and Up):
Vanguard: Texas, Grani
Defender: None
Guard: Silverash, Franka, Savage
Sniper: Blue Poison
Medic: Warfarin, Shining
Caster: Amiya
Support: Angelina

The collector in me went for Senior Operator + Guard + DPS to guarantee Indra (5* recruit only guard), who supposed to be really rare (but I'm not sure if she is actually good). The player in me feels like Senior Operator + Medic for a 2/3 chance at Ptilopsis/ Silence and 1/3 chance of disaster is worth it, or Senior Operator + Guard for Specter while still having the chance for Indra. Or simply go for Senior Operator and let RNG decide (My most wanted 5*s are Projeckt Red, Mayer, Liskarm)

What would you guys have picked assuming you got the same tags?

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
When I had senior operator, I just picked that and let rng guide me.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
I finally saw the mythical Senior Operator tag when recruiting. Not sure if I made the right decision though. It came with Guard, Sniper, Medic & DPS Tags

Current Squad (5* and Up):
Vanguard: Texas, Grani
Defender: None
Guard: Silverash, Franka, Savage
Sniper: Blue Poison
Medic: Warfarin, Shining
Caster: Amiya
Support: Angelina

The collector in me went for Senior Operator + Guard + DPS to guarantee Indra (5* recruit only guard), who supposed to be really rare (but I'm not sure if she is actually good). The player in me feels like Senior Operator + Medic for a 2/3 chance at Ptilopsis/ Silence and 1/3 chance of disaster is worth it, or Senior Operator + Guard for Specter while still having the chance for Indra. Or simply go for Senior Operator and let RNG decide (My most wanted 5*s are Projeckt Red, Mayer, Liskarm)

What would you guys have picked assuming you got the same tags?

What happened with your 5* ticket? the one you choose between Silence , Project Red , Liskarm and Pramanix?

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Another 6k, I think I'm not gonna keep farming mats after clearing shop. I want to do anything else :(

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah true but I think even factoring that in Mel wins out tbh

Given that you're limited by how many units you can use on a map anyway, it's much more efficient to use Plume, have her generate DP and then replace her later (with a tank or guard). No point having units just sitting around that you're not gonna use, might as well make them Vanguard that actually serve a purpose early game.

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Given that you're limited by how many units you can use on a map anyway, it's much more efficient to use Plume, have her generate DP and then replace her later (with a tank or guard). No point having units just sitting around that you're not gonna use, might as well make them Vanguard that actually serve a purpose early game.

Suppose that makes sense. Why do so many guides push Mel then, out of curiosity?

Guv_Bubbs

Oct 25, 2017
NZ
Hey guys, just saw this pop up and thought I'd check it out.

I love tower defence games but I've never played a gacha before.

What do I need to know?
  1. I hear people talking about a week 1 checklist. Do you get locked out of content if you don't do it in the first week?
  2. People are talking about rerolling, I'm cool with that. Is it easy on iOS?
  3. Is there a clan?
  4. Are there other things I could be missing?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Einbroch

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys, just saw this pop up and thought I'd check it out.

I love tower defence games but I've never played a gacha before.

What do I need to know?
  1. I hear people talking about a week 1 checklist. Do you get locked out of content if you don't do it in the first week?
  2. People are talking about rerolling, I'm cool with that. Is it easy on iOS?
  3. Is there a clan?
  4. Are there other things I could be missing?
1. No. It's just a recommended check list. How gacha/GaaS games work is that the quicker you reach certain milestones, the sooner you start earning "residual" currency or more efficient stages. It's not at all required.
2. It's a pain to reroll. Honestly, unless there's a character you feel that you simply need because they're your waifu or husbando, it's not at all necessary. The game can be cleared with F2P units. Slightly easier to reroll on Android. On iOS you have to make throwaway Yostar accounts and reinstall the game, I believe.
3. No clans, only a friends list for some base shenanigans.
4. Level up your main team fairly evenly. One character cannot carry a team.

Guv_Bubbs

Oct 25, 2017
NZ
1. No. It's just a recommended check list. How gacha/GaaS games work is that the quicker you reach certain milestones, the sooner you start earning "residual" currency or more efficient stages. It's not at all required.
2. It's a pain to reroll. Honestly, unless there's a character you feel that you simply need because they're your waifu or husbando, it's not at all necessary. The game can be cleared with F2P units. Slightly easier to reroll on Android. On iOS you have to make throwaway Yostar accounts and reinstall the game, I believe.
3. No clans, only a friends list for some base shenanigans.
4. Level up your main team fairly evenly. One character cannot carry a team.

Thanks for the tips!

I don't like missing out on stuff. So I when I hear people talking about 7 min rerolls to get two 6* units, I both get excited and nervous.

Dlacsjwh

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the tips!

I don't like missing out on stuff. So I when I hear people talking about 7 min rerolls to get two 6* units, I both get excited and nervous.
I would advise against playing gacha if you don't want to miss out on anything. Missing out and making do with what you have is the essence of gacha games unless you spend serious cash to get everything. Rerolling does ensure that you have the best start though

current time limited missables are costumes and furnitures/decoration for your base

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I get the feeling opening with two vanguards is basically non-optional

Ebery time I try something else it fails

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's what I'm saying! :D You open with them, that's quite literally their role. Then you replace them with Tanks or Guards later on depending on map layout.

Yeah it really sucks imo, forcing any particular unit to open up limits strategy a lot. I wish VGs weren't a thing.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm liking this ok so far. Some decent strategy stuff here. But overall it's pretty lacking as a tower defense game compared to something like kingdom rush or ancient planet. Gacha ruins even mostly fair games like this one.

Oct 25, 2017
I suppose that's true, but I at least feel like there's some flexibility in the order I place the healers and tanks. I don't like my first two deployments being decided for me.

It depends on the map . There are a few maps ive encountered where it starts with a decent amount of dp without any dp regen limitations that I've cleared without even using a vanguard.

But yeah I just think of vanguards as your resource gen opening move you do in your traditional rts like age of empire or starcraft.

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It depends on the map . There are a few maps ive encountered where it starts with a decent amount of dp without any dp regen limitations that I've cleared without even using a vanguard.

But yeah I just think of vanguards as your resource gen opening move you do in your traditional rts like age of empire or starcraft.

Yeah, I'll get over it. At least things got smoother when I started opening with Texas and Courier, lol.

OP
OP
Einbroch

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I have zero vanguards used in the two final event stages. They are not required by any stretch.

Oct 25, 2017
isn't it a genre thing too? Can't think of too many TD games i've played where you don't open with the cheap towers and build up to speciality ones.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
I think Vanguards aren't always required, only in some scenarios where you don't have the time to deploy the tanks or need points faster, but if there is a possibility I always go for defenders first ...

Last edited:

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Man....i got my firs Senior Operator tag and was hoping to get Indra w. DPS and Survival.
Ended up getting Vulcan...new unit but i dont really need another Defender.

Would Indra be better than Franka ? Was going to use Indra down the line to upgrade from Melanthia but maybe Franka does the trick as well.

I read a good goal is to get your E1s to skill 4 as skill 4 and 7 give big jumps and skill 4 is not too difficult to achieve. The event stages drop some common skill materials too. Some skills/characters are probably more useful than others, use your best judgement. If you haven't raised a push/pull character you might want to do that and get their skill to 4 so they can shift better.

What roles to work on is a bit tricky. Depends what you want to do I guess. I'm grinding events and power leveling characters that will be useful in LMD and Exp grinding later. So dp generation and arts dmg is a huge one for me.
Max leveling will cost a lot. It gets steep past e1 level 50. Granted, the event does have money and xp in the store but I'd probably stop at 40 or 50 for a minute and start bringing skills up.

For skill ups you want to focus on who kills stuff first. Each skill up on Melanthia's skill adds 5% attack power, except the jump from skill level 3 to 4 which adds 10%, so one skill up on her from level 40 essentially covers the remaining 40ish attack that you'd get from her if you raised her to level 70. While I don't like the idea of investing too much into Fang each skill up on her skill shortens the time it takes for you to cast it giving you DP faster which can help speed up getting your units out. You should definitely skill up Silverash and Saria's skills. I don't know how often you can deploy Skyfire but her second skill is great so if you actually use her I'd do hers.

Basically I'd do skill ups. Technically it should be DPS first but me being the optimist I am I'd focus on the for sure keepers like Saria, Silverash, Ptoloptis and Meteorite first with the hope of replacing some of the others later but if you don't have any pulls left and won't have many saved up for Ch'en then I'd just focus on DPS first all the way.
In terms of progression I think a good first goal is to get your core squad to E1 lvl 20, skill 4. After that I try to level them up in tandem, so everyone to 25, then everyone to 30 and so on.

Thanks for the input. Im gonna get my main squad to Skill level 4 at least and the Top Tier units (Saria,Silverash,Ptoloptisthat,Skyfire and Meteorite) to Lvl 7. After that im gonna look into e2ing one unit if it viable. Seems like there is no reason to level your e1 units beyond 50 considering the resources needed.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
I never really have a reason to take out my Vanguards (Siege & Texas) even in the late game because they just offer so much value (great DPS and Stun).
SilverAsh usually just sits on the bench because he isn't really needed unless things get a little hairy but that's rarely the case.

mAcOdIn

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the input. Im gonna get my main squad to Skill level 4 at least and the Top Tier units (Saria,Silverash,Ptoloptisthat,Skyfire and Meteorite) to Lvl 7. After that im gonna look into e2ing one unit if it viable. Seems like there is no reason to level your e1 units beyond 50 considering the resources needed.
Oh there's a reason to E2. Silverash's 3rd skill is insane. Ptoloptis's trait at E2 doubles her SP regen. Saria's E2 trait gives any unit she heals SP as well making their skills recharge faster. And the only way to get a skill level past 7 is to E2 the unit. Just3C actually just put a little tier list of sorts out on youtube regarding who he thinks should be upgraded to E2 first that's worth a watch.

KeRaSh

Oct 26, 2017
Oh there's a reason to E2. Silverash's 3rd skill is insane. Ptoloptis's trait at E2 doubles her SP regen. Saria's E2 trait gives any unit she heals SP as well making their skills recharge faster. And the only way to get a skill level past 7 is to E2 the unit. Just3C actually just put a little tier list of sorts out on youtube regarding who he thinks should be upgraded to E2 first that's worth a watch.

Does Saria's and Ptilopsis' SP bonuses stack? If yes, then that would be a crazy combination.

mAcOdIn

Oct 27, 2017
Does Saria's and Ptilopsis' SP bonuses stack? If yes, then that would be a crazy combination.
I assume so but I honestly don't know. Ptilopsis's skill basically gives a 15% or 30% SP regen speed for units so I guess each unit would gain 1.15(1.30 at E2) sp per attack or second instead of 1, but Ptilopsis's skill affects every unit on the field so you don't need to worry about being in range. Saria's skill gives a full SP point to every unit she heals when her skill is up, so those units have to be in range but they get a full SP point every time they're healed.

I have started using Ptilopsis just recently and can't exactly notice her effect but I don't have her at E2 yet so she just gives the team a 15% bonus and that is just mere seconds after all so it's hard to tell. I do have Warfarin and she has a similar trait to Saria, except she gives a random SP point(2 if she's at E2) to a team member in her healing range every time an enemy is killed and I do notice that because it comes up in little green or blue numbers when a teammate receives a SP point. It's actually pretty good. So much so that I've pulled my 6 star healers out and am currently raising Ptilopsis and Warfarin instead and am making SP regen a big factor for my team. I have Siege, for instance, her second skill is awesome so she's next in line to get E2 so that she can fire off her skill faster then I'll probably do Saria then Ptilopsis then Warfarin. Warfarin's trait is awesome but it's also random. Maybe I'll put Ptilopsis ahead of Saria though, I just bought her with tickets so I haven't used Saria much. Ptilopsis may be the better bet for E2 because a constant 30% SP regen bonus to everyone is reliable, I assume for Saria to heal you you'd have to get damaged so depending on her placement there may be long stretches where she's not doing any SP regeneration or the unit you'd like to speed up their skill usage isn't taking damage and getting healed and the one you don't care about as much is drowning in SP.

Pheace

Aug 23, 2018
Yeah true but I think even factoring that in Mel wins out tbh

Keep in mind, on top of generating DP from kills, Plume is full refund. This means you can drop her for a kill, which generates DP, and get all DP used back afterwards. It's quite useful in certain situations. (like killing a bunch of slugs at the start of a map, or taking out a sniper in GT-6 who's blocking one of the front sniper placements).

Your team looks pretty good though neither savage nor Nightmare are particularly recommended from what I've read. I'd swap plume/vigna for one of them, maybe another DP generating vanguard for the other (Courier/Fang)

Last edited:

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see Siege high up on the list, as she's the only unit I've taken to EX2 so far. Though I would disagree with him about her Ex1 performance. I found her second skill put her significantly ahead of other vanguards. Haven't really tried her third skill yet. The lack of direct DP generation doesnt really gel well with how I use her.

KeRaSh

Oct 26, 2017
Glad to see Siege high up on the list, as she's the only unit I've taken to EX2 so far. Though I would disagree with him about her Ex1 performance. I found her second skill put her significantly ahead of other vanguards. Haven't really tried her third skill yet. The lack of direct DP generation doesnt really gel well with how I use her.
Same. Once I E2 her I plan on keeping her second skill active unless there's a specific scenario where her third skill truly shines.
Weird choice for a Vanguard to have a skill that doesn't generate DP. That's kind of the main point of a Vanguard.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Review of the game 2 weeks in:

Pros:
  • Gameplay when trying to solve a map is fun
  • 3* & 4* are very effective for their cost
  • Guaranteed 5* per banner + Recruitment means even F2Pers get a slow influx of new units
Cons:
  • Worldbuilding seems kind of bad (I'm only in Chapter 2 though). Yeah there are all these factions fighting, and I get sort of get why they are fighting (mistreatment of infected etc), but how did the world become this way, is there a treatment for infected, etc
  • Same for characters, you just get them, no explanation of their aims etc (like an interlude).
  • Once you clear a map, spamming auto repeatedly is kind of boring. Especially true of the current event, where you have to spam it hundred of times.
  • Stamina pots have a time limit (wish they could be stored for binge playing)
Looking forward to the challenge maps. I actually only tried 0-1 as a challenge map so hoping ti will be fun. The E2 Lvl 20 requirement on the last one seems pretty scary, though it seems like you can clear it under the recommended level.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
Made Jessica my first Elite 2 unit. Wew that took a lot of work but I'm happy with the results, she is my premier snipe which is an area I'm pretty weak in overall.

Next is probably Gummy because I absolutely adore her and what she brings to the team.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
So what is the chance that I will get 61 distinction cert before Saria expires? None unless I whale I assume?

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Review of the game 2 weeks
Cons:

[*]Once you clear a map, spamming auto repeatedly is kind of boring. Especially true of the current event, where you have to spam it hundred of times.

[/List]
This is a plus to me coming in from FGO tbh

The built in macros is god send with not having access to emulator. I love activity such as mats farming as result.