• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Screenshot-20200217-175626.png

Wanted a cool robot though...

Nice! I've gotten Robot like twice or thrice. Sure feels like they roll to see if you get a rare unit before they decide on the tags. I've gotten Robot only when I had guarantees for 4* + operators, so I just took those instead.

Looking forward to Eyja banner, I could use just about everyone on the banner, doubt my luck would be good enough to get the 6* since I lucked out on Shining last banner. Of the 5*s, Mayer would be great since Summoning seems like a fun playstyle, Lappland is cool if only for power reasons, Silence would be a slight disappointment since I already have both Warfarin and Shining, but the drone offers pretty neat tricks as well.

Definitely tempted to break open the piggy bank for this one (109 primes so far)

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
I've made my first E2:

Her Defense gets so comical that even the Avengers (the red katana guys) are struggling to dent her while S2 is up:

I think I'm only at SL5 or something, too, so there's still a lot of room upwards.
J3E4G1F.png

Seriously...
My E1 55 Saria is still getting fucked up by those red katana dudes with an E1 50 Shining trying (and failing...) to keep up...

OP
OP
Einbroch

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Saria is a "bad" damage soaker. Her main function is to heal herself and everything around her when ranged spots are at a premium. She is very, very good, but she isn't meant to tank these hard hitting units. At least not as well as the pure tanks like Cuora.

And yes, Cuora is insane. Her S2 makes her near invincible for a long time.

KeRaSh

Oct 26, 2017
Saria is a "bad" damage soaker. Her main function is to heal herself and everything around her when ranged spots are at a premium. She is very, very good, but she isn't meant to tank these hard hitting units. At least not as well as the pure tanks like Cuora.

And yes, Cuora is insane. Her S2 makes her near invincible for a long time.
Yeah, I finally have to come to terms with the fact that Saria is a Healer Tank and not a Tank Tank...
Ah well, E1ed my Cuora and doing some EXP runs to E2 her today...

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
The heal tanks are subtanks at best, the game simply scales past them, it is not their purpose to be solely responsible for choking points.

Cuora on the other hand is specifically built to do exactly that, she is a literal turtle Ancient, and both escalates her Defense to comical degrees, and is the only operator in the game able to block 4 (while S2 is up). If you need to seriously defend a point with raw, hard Defense, there is no better candidate than her.

Don't sleep on your lower rarity operators, she is not the only gem among them.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got my factory to level 3, upgraded my chips and now I have a shiny new Elite 2 Amiya!!!

To comment on the heal tanks, Gummy is my heal tank of choice, I use her on certain choke points wear she doesn't have to tank the heaviest stuff and can keep nearby units alive if they have to take hits.

When it comes to soaking damage(and dealing it out) I use Hoshiguma. I love her she is a beast for me.

Last edited:

KeRaSh

Oct 26, 2017
The heal tanks are subtanks at best, the game simply scales past them, it is not their purpose to be solely responsible for choking points.

Cuora on the other hand is specifically built to do exactly that, she is a literal turtle Ancient, and both escalates her Defense to comical degrees, and is the only operator in the game able to block 4 (while S2 is up). If you need to seriously defend a point with raw, hard Defense, there is no better candidate than her.

Don't sleep on your lower rarity operators, she is not the only gem among them.

Is there a 5* or 6* that actually beats Cuora in the "Tank Tank" role?

For example, Matterhorn. Definitely not an operator to avoid sleeping on top of.

I ran him in the beginning but thought he started lacking later on. Is he actually good? How does he compare to Saria, Liskarm, Cuora?

Rae

Mar 7, 2019
So the game has been out for nearly a month, what's everyone's opinion on it?

pros:
- Decorating the dorms are fun
- gameplay entertaining
- 1200 free currency weekly
- Designs are ok

cons:
-stamina regen is slow
-story? what story
-very few male heroes
-some maps are repetitive
- skins are super expensive and provide no bonus stats

Oct 26, 2017
pros:
- gameplay entertaining
- Designs are ok

cons:
-stamina regen is slow
-story? what story
-very few male heroes

As they shouldn't. If this game ever gets any kind of pvp, stat bonuses on skins immediately becomes p2w. As for them being too expensive, they're really not compared to quite a few other gacha games, especially considering the paltry amount of them is the only way this game is making any kind of money, assuming you don't just save primes you get for skins only and only get the ones for characters you'll use.

As for not many male heroes, at least most of the female operators aren't sexualized out the ass, like most gachas that focus on the male demographic. That this has them at all and some of them actually aren't bad looking, is a godsend considering the other game their publisher has. That will remain to be seen in the future however, because this game will desperately need more monetization if it's to have a significant future.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
pros:
- gameplay entertaining
- Designs are ok

cons:
-stamina regen is slow
-story? what story
-very few male heroes

It's actually more like 2800 free currency weekly:

-1600 from Annihilation
-700 (100x7) from daily bonus
-500 from weekly bonus

which means nearly a free ten-pull every 2 weeks or a free pull every other day. (with the "free" headhunting tickets from the cert store it's arguably more than a free pull every other day, actually, not to mention recruiting)

Jiraiza

Oct 25, 2017
So the game has been out for nearly a month, what's everyone's opinion on it?
My biggest beef with the game are probably the dumb self-insert and the obvious pandering trust lines for a large majority of the cast. I really don't want to read about a character fawning over the nonexistent character that is the self-insert for the 100th time like in Granblue. I do enjoy all of the little worldbuilding you can find in the archive files and voiced lines on the other hand.

Designs are pretty great overall. Gameplay's great. Story ranges from meh to average (a mute self-insert doesn't help, either). Sanity regen is a little too slow (but I'm going ham with the refreshes anyway). And I'll never get a Top Operator tag.

Last edited:

KeRaSh

Oct 26, 2017
As for them being too expensive, they're really not compared to quite a few other gacha games, especially considering the paltry amount of them is the only way this game is making any kind of money...

Wut? Are you saying they're not making any money from players buying gacha currency? I'm sure the amount of money they make from people buying currency for pulls vs. people buying currency for costumes is at least 10:1 if not more...

KeRaSh

Oct 26, 2017
My recruitment tags continue to be absolute dog shit.
I get the most basic 5 tags and when I refresh it usually just switches out a "Defend" for a "Defender" or something stupid like that.

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I actually had good luck with recruits today after the last couple of weeks of garbage. Castle-3, Project Red and ninja girl.

Oct 25, 2017
The grind for e2 stuff is crazy. Still not getting any drops of manganese ore or trihydrate at 4-7.

Is there really no better map?

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
Pros:
- Setting is super neat and surprisingly deep
- Unique and very attractive aesthetic (among gacha games especially) with lots of great designs
- Challenge mode is difficult and genuinely requires you to wrack your brain for solutions
- Core gameplay is a refinement of TD games that came before, with no steps backward (unlike some games I could name...)
- Good variety in the cast, both in terms of aesthetic and gameplay variation
- Progression is consistent; you will not get trapped by RNG (again, unlike some games I could name...)
- Love the music, especially that chapter 3 battle track
- Game is generous enough with recruits and headhunting that I can foresee getting all the non-6-star characters I care about before the 6-month mark
- Performance is great; probably the single best gacha game I've played in this regard. Hypergryph lucked out with its engineering team.

Cons:
- Sanity shortage, naturally.
- By extension, wtf is with T2 chip stages costing 36 sanity each?
- Story so far is not well-executed, especially in comparison to its direct neighbor, Girls' Frontline
- First event is lame and pretty much the exact sort of boring grind event that you don't want to see much of
- Weird gender imbalance (something shared with a lot of gacha, but it's especially apparent here with its 10:1 ratio of female to male characters)
- No doctor customization (unlike its closest neighbor, Girls' Frontline)
- Doctor is pretty much a non-entity in the story so far; what's the point of a self-insert that has no impact?
- Top operator tag where?
- According to CN players, the game has some significant content droughts and some events are just plain duds like this one was (though we won't experience this until we catch up, obviously)

YMMV:
- The base system. I really like the ant farm thing they have going, but it pretty quickly becomes a game of shift management without a quick and easy way to, for example, switch between presets of different operator layouts. Lots of tapping twice a day.
- Skins are relatively cheap due to not being gacha, and furniture is basically free; on the flip side, the game significantly monetizes the recruitment side of the game instead. It's pretty much the polar opposite of Girls' Frontline in this regard.
- Sanity shortage yes, but that same aspect also means that the game takes very little of your time on a daily basis. If you just want a side game with short bursts of serious investment, there's not much better out there.

I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be dropping this game any time soon. I'd have to get really bored of it, like I did with Dragalia Lost and Epic Seven, before I even considered it, and even then the game is low-investment enough that I can probably just keep going regardless. My biggest hope is that Hypergryph can nail down their content pipeline and adequately explore this absurdly wide setting.

OP
OP
Einbroch

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
pros
-cute girls
-hot dudes
-fun gameplay
-lots of memes
-small investment

cons