• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
My HX-3 (both normal and challenge) strat.

HLRvUsS.png

It basically a murder.
Won't the other range units get killed by the sniper enemies?

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Cleared Event Shop and went to do my weekly annihilation for a change. After trying a few strats, finally got Lungman up to 400 kills =). I still have to clear Chernobog, but at least I'm not missing out on weekly orundum.

Oct 25, 2017
I find some value in shining as well, sometimes that extra def helps your wacky 3 healer coura strat to tank big adam lol

finally beat that cq!

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Cleared Event Shop and went to do my weekly annihilation for a change. After trying a few strats, finally got Lungman up to 400 kills =). I still have to clear Chernobog, but at least I'm not missing out on weekly orundum.

Is there a 400 kill orundum bonus? Seems its repeatable. I can manage 316 right now, but I can repeat it 10 times to get my 1200.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Is there a 400 kill orundum bonus? Seems its repeatable. I can manage 316 right now, but I can repeat it 10 times to get my 1200.

Clearing Lungmen (not Chernobog) increases your weekly Orundum limit from 1200 to 1600, you get it in stages of the kill rewards, with it going up bit by bit till you hit 1600 with a full clear.

Lungmen requires you to reach/clear 2-8 in the story

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I've found Silence underwhelming. She's only really starting to hold her own at high E1. Before hand it wasnt infrequent to need to use her drone to back up her own healing compared to other healers.

Pundere

Oct 30, 2017
Should I save green certs until I can clear out the first two tiers or just spend them on whatever?

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any tips on clearing 3-3? Dealing with all these mist-form motherfuckers is driving me nuts

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
This round of outfits isn't all that great, and I don't think I would use any of them - so I haven't bought any. But part of me feels like I should at least get one to have that early launch player cred. Is this stupid thinking?

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This round of outfits isn't all that great, and I don't think I would use any of them - so I haven't bought any. But part of me feels like I should at least get one to have that early launch player cred. Is this stupid thinking?

You've got the free one from this event. If you dont like them dont bother. 15 Prime is not cheap.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017

If you're not going to use them, what's the point of owning them? As a launch player, you probably have Amiya's launch event skin anyway.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017

They do come back, so it won't give you launch player cred either way. Newspaper Girl Amiya is probably better for that.

In other news, managed to clear HX-1 and HX-2 Challenge mode with my E1 Lvl 45 team. HX-3 will probably be tough though.

Also does anyone know how long is Chapter 2 & 3? Debating if I should rush past S2-10 and try to get to 3-4 to upgrade my base, or continue farming the event. I've finished the event shop, so its all Kohl and Grindstone farm

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I bought Texas' skin cause I use her and prefer it to the default, and I grabbed Courier's cause husbando but I don't like Specter's over her default appearance so I passed on it.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I never even considered Ifrit for that map. Now that I think about it, she'd be great. I'll put her as my friend unit if anyone needs her.

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I've found Silence underwhelming. She's only really starting to hold her own at high E1. Before hand it wasnt infrequent to need to use her drone to back up her own healing compared to other healers.

It was useful for me before I got perfume as a pseudo aoe healer. Or when you planned poorly and a unit is out of range of healing and you don't wanna scrap a run.

Still though the drone can get tricky with placement.

medinaria

Oct 30, 2017
I love how quickly I went from "I have no vanguards" to "I have basically all the good vanguards" - went from courier/fang/plume to siege/texas/vigna/grani in like three weeks

now if only I could do that for casters...

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Finally enough to get my first E2 - Exusai!

Now to grind the LMD for The event store, the only thing I have left...

Icedragon08

Oct 30, 2017
Finally brought everything in the shop. Now back to E2ing Grani and than some E1ing for new operators I got (Like Ifrit from my first top operator tag).

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
Thanks for helping me resist the temptation of collectionism. I didn't get the skins because I wouldn't use them. But I did get everything from the event shop, and completed all the stages and challenge modes. So now I'll use the extra sanity to get other stuff, such as chips.

Oct 25, 2017
annihilation needs to offer some other goodies imo. Gotta burn so much sanity a week to max out orundum :(

would be nice if they reset first clears bonuses lol.

OP
OP
Einbroch

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
It's anywhere between 8-10x more efficient running Annihilation as it is converting to Primes to Orundun.

Plus the account xp and 50 blue exp cards.

Gohlad

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Is it worth it to get the golden level up packs from the shop? From lvl. 20 onwards they start costing 5 originate prime which seems pretty steep?

Also feel free to add me Gohlad#0617

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is it worth it to get the golden level up packs from the shop? From lvl. 20 onwards they start costing 5 originate prime which seems pretty steep?

Yes, if you were going to convert prime to orundum anyway they give you the same rate but with extra stuff on top.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017

Yep they're always worth it if you're planning to do pulls anyway. Later on they cost more but you also get way more currency so they always are strictly better than just straight up pulls.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Yall weren't kidding on E2 evo cost, my silverash from E1 40 took over 250k in money just to level up. And dozens of max xp battle records. So like 400k in total for a single unit whose half way to E2. Absurd

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
GT-HX-3 Challenge mode clear! And with that I've finally finished the event!

Those 45 certs spent on Texas was totally worth it. Her plus Courier really stabilised my early game. And that stun works great against hard to tank enemies like Big Bob.

Another surprise was Warfarin. I still don't know how to use her skill 2 well (it keeps going on the tank), but skill 1 heals for a lot.

mAcOdIn

Oct 27, 2017
GT-HX-3 Challenge mode clear! And with that I've finally finished the event!

Those 45 certs spent on Texas was totally worth it. Her plus Courier really stabilised my early game. And that stun works great against hard to tank enemies like Big Bob.

Another surprise was Warfarin. I still don't know how to use her skill 2 well (it keeps going on the tank), but skill 1 heals for a lot.
Warfarin looks like if you wanna use her second skill you have to set it up where only the unit you want buffed is in her range otherwise it's too unreliable.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Warfarin looks like if you wanna use her second skill you have to set it up where only the unit you want buffed is in her range otherwise it's too unreliable.

That does seem to be the way, but hard to engineer that situation in game so far, especially when her passive wants her healing area to be in the kill zone (aka next to the tank)

If I have zero interest in Graine its fine to skip the copies in the store right?

If you can't complete the shop, i guess so, but its a choice between something limited (Grani Tokens) vs something really efficient (mats). Personally I would just go for the tokens, since she's been a useful vanguard so far, and I also hate missing out limited stuff when I don't have to. I'm also in no hurry game-wise since there's no PVP and also no multiplayer PVE (where you might need to be of a certain level so as not to drag the team down). That said, being able to complete the challenge modes this time was a nice surprise, and hopefully proper placements of E1 units can still clear future stages.