• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
I was excited about the possibility of Recore 2 with a bigger budget and more development time...

Oct 25, 2017
I think they showed the VR project and it was a mini game collection unless they mean yet another VR game.
Fortnite is probably the only thing they've worked on that's a success

Grisby

Oct 29, 2017
Good on them for getting new projects. I hope a Recore 2 is somewhere down the line. A sequel would just need a lot more time in the oven but the foundation is there.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
Recore had the potential to be much more but some strange development decisions (that are weirdly reminiscent of the first Metroid Prime) turned it into a merely "okay" game.

Wish Armature had better direction.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't this their VR game ?

Ah I see it came out in december and apparently nobody played it, so it must be another game.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
I wish Dead Star had worked out better, I had a whole lot of fun with it, and it took me back to those halcyon Subspace and Armada days.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
I thought ReCore was just okay however, despite it being remarkably average, I would have been really curious to see a sequel, but alas...

Here's hoping both of their new games are a step-up in quality, as well as being made available for all home (and portable) consoles to play!

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
Um, original IP doesn't equal new IP.

I'm pretty sure ReCore is a dead IP now.

Highly unlikely.

Shannon Loftis said:
Announcing ReCore: Definitive Edition was a little bit of a signal to people that got into the world of Far Eden and fell in love with these characters that we believe that that's an IP with a lot of legs.

I think that the key to developing these IPs into something really special and something really monumental is sticking with them.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I know. I'm talking about a possible sequel / sequels. Won't happen imo.

I disagree, even bothering with the definitive edition instead of quietly dropping the game (like they did several times before) to me show Microsoft have more plans for recore in the future. Probably not any time soon since they're busy with other stuff right now, buy nothing stops Microsoft from pumping more money so armature can expand.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I disagree, even bothering with the definitive edition instead of quietly dropping the game (like they did several times before) to me show Microsoft have more plans for recore in the future. Probably not any time soon since they're busy with other stuff right now, buy nothing stops Microsoft from pumping more money so armature can expand.
I don't think we will see another ReCore. But I'm all for it. The first one had potential.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I'd be inclined to believe the studio never returns to the ReCore IP given its low critical reception coupled with (likely) low sales. At least not for a while.

Either way, they're still a talented studio and I'm looking forward to seeing what they're working on.

Cinemikel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't it be something if they were hired to assist Bandai Namco and Nintendo to help make MP4

I know it isn't happening, but man I'd love to see it just to see the full circle

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
I actually really enjoyed ReCore and it'll be one of the games I fondly look back upon when thinking about the Xbox One. I think it had a solid foundation and excellent gameplay so I'd love to see a more polished sequel with a better presented story. Overall I find Microsoft's single-player games are underrated this gen and it's a shame because it seems like most of the "non-indie" ones underperformed. Not surprised ReCore 2 isn't in development given its reception.

Hope whatever they're doing ends up successful because I've enjoyed their works.

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
I'm curious what these guys are up to. Recore had potential, but couldn't convince me. Let's hope their next game is better and more polished. A multiplatform release would be nice as well.