• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
0IKALW1.png

Global Release Date: June 16, 2017
Platform: Nintendo Switch
Developer: Nintendo EPD
Publisher: Nintendo
Genre: Fighting
Download Size: 2.2 GB
ARMS Stats and Ranking Site
ToF9DUn.png

RQgAtUr.png

FxMvxND.jpg

OVX2rVN.jpg

tSy5TLn.jpg

XBWyrPw.jpg

Y0pjfm5.jpg

iqgrzzB.jpg

IP24O7R.jpg

NHRGQoE.jpg

3oklFfi.jpg

VZRwq9R.jpg

gSFUWIh.jpg

YQMp1Z3.jpg

8pl7kYM.jpg

xW7ImQn.jpg

ChxiEGe.jpg

4W4xPgk.png

O6Bwy9x.png

BqTxfLF.png

kfbOUes.png

l7KCq9l.jpg

5sguSTT.png

Last edited:

Incite

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in!!! Yay!

I hope we get more shield ARMs in the future and certainly some all new types ❤️

Oct 25, 2017
Given how this community was my lifeline into our new home, it seems appropriate to make this the landing point for my inaugural post. (We are small but mighty, and we know how to take a punch.)

Newcomers and others curious about Arms: it's perfectly viable to stubbornly stick with the motion controls. Once they click, there is no other experience like it in games.

Incite

Oct 25, 2017
Given how this community was my lifeline into our new home, it seems appropriate to make this the landing point for my inaugural post. (We are small but mighty, and we know how to take a punch.)

Newcomers and others curious about Arms: it's perfectly viable to stubbornly stick with the motion controls. Once they click, there is no other experience like it in games.

I agree, I think one of the biggest pulls for me playing this game is certainly playing it with motion controls..... It can take getting used to certainly and for me it's paid off

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
I tried motion controls multiple times but I just can't move around like I can with a controller. I stuck with motion control in Splatoon because I could feel early on that would pay off, but in Arms I can do ok with a controller. "Ok" doesn't mean a whole lot though, so maybe I should try again...

But then I play a round of hoops and get angry. Though again, yesterday with a controller I bricked 4 shots in one match. Four! And ended up losing 0-2 when the other player threw me once. :(

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
I tried motion controls multiple times but I just can't move around like I can with a controller. I stuck with motion control in Splatoon because I could feel early on that would pay off, but in Arms I can do ok with a controller. "Ok" doesn't mean a whole lot though, so maybe I should try again...

But then I play a round of hoops and get angry. Though again, yesterday with a controller I bricked 4 shots in one match. Four! And ended up losing 0-2 when the other player threw me once. :(

I definitely play better in ARMS with traditional controls, but the motion controls really are fantastic and make the game a blast to play. Splatoon strangely enough is the opposite, the gyro controls definitely give players an edge over classic controls, but I just can't get comfy with them.

Oct 25, 2017
I hopped on this game last weekend for the first time in weeks and damn is this game not only still fun to play after logging in dozens of hours, but it's only getting better this these updates.

I think I may swap Min Min for Lolli Pop as my new main. I love how she can slowly work her way in on her opponent while guarding and baiting grabs.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
I definitely play better in ARMS with traditional controls, but the motion controls really are fantastic and make the game a blast to play. Splatoon strangely enough is the opposite, the gyro controls definitely give players an edge over classic controls, but I just can't get comfy with them.

I switched to traditional controls in Splatoon and my aim managed to get worse. That's why I switched back to motion. It's a brand new world so I'm going to try motion controls in Arms again. Maybe I'll even enjoy playing hoops for once?
Not likely:)

Anthanes

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This game is so rage-inducing. Playing ranked makes me stop what I'm doing until I feel satisfied with my play and that's never going to happen.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing a lot more recently since the badge update. Speeding up the treadmill of unlocking arms made a huge difference in providing me with motivation to jump back in. Now I just need to get better. I've been stuck at Rank 8 since almost immediately after I bought the game in July and don't feel like I've made any progress. Arms requires a level of patience that doesn't come easily to me in competitive games

OP
OP
Dandy Crocodile

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Whoah the new forum has some weird limits on images. Gotta see what I can salvage of Niwa's beautiful work.

midonnay

Oct 25, 2017
there are only like six regulars playing in Australia so I don't take ranked too seriously. If I see someone new I'll try to bump them up in rank by playing with a character I'm not as good as. There are alot of ppl spamming funchuks recently though so I've been trying to learn Master Mummy as a counter.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously tempted to get back into this after the advent of Lolapop and the badges. Did they ever nerf the Min-Min/Ramram combo?

midonnay

Oct 25, 2017
ram ram got nerfed abit

but I'm a min min noob so I can't really tell how bad it is. I see quite a few substitute with chakram though for the the stun grab chains.

Oct 25, 2017
Still haven't seen Springtron yet—fights, Hoops, and V-Ball are rarely a problem for me on GP4, which is what I've been running and is below the level I used to practice on, but Skillshot is a crapshoot every time. I don't think I have a foolproof and consistent method for it yet, so I might just run Skillshot in practice until I get it down, and take whatever loadout works for it into GP with me and just fight with it.

I could also run GP over and over until I don't draw Skillshot, but the last time I did that, I choked in V-Ball and got a draw, which meant a rematch, which in turn meant no Springtron.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
I seriously need to get back to ARMS, I've been so distracted with other games ~_~, and now Mario? Guh.

maxmars

Oct 26, 2017
Modena
Checking in after the reset! Are we still going to meet on the same Discord channel yes? What about ARMS Mondays?

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
After playing Arms a fair amount at launch, I sort of lost all interest and stopped playing. The Badge update has got me back in, though, and all the sudden I'm having so much fun. It's not even just the badges, either. Something just clicked this time around and I'm really enjoying it. I think I was just playing on 1 and 2 difficulty too much, because the higher ranks are much more fun/frustrating.

Oct 25, 2017
I need to earn some badges. They're pretty fun, cover all types of play-styles and discoveries.

It's a nice touch for your current badge to stand in as the button on the main menu that takes you to the badge screen, too.

Despite earning far more prestigious badges, I'm actually running with the badge depicting a pair of Joy-Cons that everyone gets just for playing a single game with the thumbs-up motion scheme, just to flag myself as a motion player as I climb the intermediate ranks.

midonnay

Oct 25, 2017
Checking in after the reset! Are we still going to meet on the same Discord channel yes? What about ARMS Mondays?

That'd be cool....

Just a heads up for something to look out for in November

https://www.reddit.com/r/ARMS/comments/78b93y/uia_presents_universe_survival_saga_teamcrew/

Up in Arms is organising a tournament for the various crews hanging around in discord.

There has already been a number of informal crew battles in the past between Fellow In Arms, Breakthrough Esports, Team Canada and Team France so its interesting to see if this because a mainstay in the competitive arms scene in the future.

maxmars

Oct 26, 2017
Modena
That'd be cool....

Just a heads up for something to look out for in November

https://www.reddit.com/r/ARMS/comments/78b93y/uia_presents_universe_survival_saga_teamcrew/

Up in Arms is organising a tournament for the various crews hanging around in discord.

There has already been a number of informal crew battles in the past between Fellow In Arms, Breakthrough Esports, Team Canada and Team France so its interesting to see if this because a mainstay in the competitive arms scene in the future.

Cool thanks, will check the old discord channel. I was just wondering if we have a new one here.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
Still haven't seen Springtron yet—fights, Hoops, and V-Ball are rarely a problem for me on GP4, which is what I've been running and is below the level I used to practice on, but Skillshot is a crapshoot every time. I don't think I have a foolproof and consistent method for it yet, so I might just run Skillshot in practice until I get it down, and take whatever loadout works for it into GP with me and just fight with it.

I could also run GP over and over until I don't draw Skillshot, but the last time I did that, I choked in V-Ball and got a draw, which meant a rematch, which in turn meant no Springtron.

Maybe you know this, but you can cheese Grand Prix. If you Save & Quit right before you don't win or even the instant after the last hit/second, when you reload Grand Prix you can try again. This even works mid-match where you keep your first round win. You can still reach Springtron because that's how I got there:) Just do not Save & Quit after match 9 or during Springtron because then you will lose your shot at him.

JCX

Oct 25, 2017
Did the community come up with any good mappings for playing arms in handheld mode?

Blunoise

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Man Lola popz just clicked with me....I may have to put twintelle down for a bit :)....btw is there any gaf multiplayer sessions...I remembered hearing y'all played online on mondays? Does still hold up

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
Returned to the game after buying the Pro controller. Enjoying it way more now!

Deadpool_X

Oct 28, 2017
Indiana
One thing I really love about this game is that the roster is like 1:1 male to female fighters. My 7 year old daughter loves the game, and she loves that there are so many girls she can choose to play as, all with their own style. Thank you Nintendo for the gender diversity in play here!

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really should check out the game again soon played for a month till Splatoon 2 launched and never looked back.

But i really wanna try it out soon again with all the added updates and the achievement badge system.

Rafavert

Oct 31, 2017
Portugal
I really should check out the game again soon played for a month till Splatoon 2 launched and never looked back.

But i really wanna try it out soon again with all the added updates and the achievement badge system.

While Mario has been keeping me busy, i find the badges were a great feature that helped keep me entertained because they mostly fix one of the biggest issues the game had: the pain in the butt it was to get coins and new ARMS.