• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Dec 6, 2017
US
Sorry to add to the hate train but every time I see the name come up, it stings.

The original seasons are some of the greatest comedy I've ever seen and I absolutely loved it. That whole 'comeback' season was an abject disaster and I couldn't even make it more than halfway through.

Reading that it went even further downhill is almost amazing.

Edit: I actually thought it was actively depressing in how shit it was.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Actually yes, the only part I remember is George Michael and Maeby's story, that was geniune fun, specially as she dressed as the old lady with the fake teeth lol

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
As someone who has had various Gob avatars on various incarnations of this forum for the past 10 years even I kinda dont care anymore, but I will still always rewatch the first three season when feeling down

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
I remember there being some things in it that I really liked, and that made me laugh, but...for the life of me I can't remember what.

These are the things I genuinely remember:

-The family hiding a vacation house from Michael
-Maeby pretending to be an old woman to live in the retirement community
-George Bluth Sr. attempting suicide by holding onto an anchor
-Gob doing some sort of magic trick on a float with Tony Wonder (switching closets?)

I sincerely have no idea what Michael, Buster, Tobias, George Michael or Lucille (had an affair?) did in the season.

sugar bear

Oct 27, 2017
Couldn't even get five episodes into Season 4 before giving up. It was surreal to see how awful it became - I thought my funny bone was broken for a bit.

Mr. Fantastic

Alt-account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
i think Tobias went looking for Lindsay at an emu farm at some point with junkie Sue Storm

i think

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
Probably the Maeby story, which most people seemed to agree was the best part.

-Gob doing some sort of magic trick on a float with Tony Wonder (switching closets?)

I sincerely have no idea what Michael, Buster, Tobias, George Michael or Lucille (had an affair?) did in the season.

Yeah, it's starting to come back to me. Maeby was funny. George Michael had some funny stuff. The joke about them hiding a vacation house from Michael for years was funny, though I don't remember them doing much with it.

But yeah, I just have vague recollection of others odds and ends that seem like a fever dream. Tobias definitely has an adult son. I think he and Lucille had tons of unfunny scenes together. Lindsay was barely there. Man, what a bummer.

Denamitea

Nov 1, 2017
I thought Season 5 was alright. No where near as good as the first three but I finished it (well, the first half apparently) at least.

Kisaya

Oct 25, 2017
I'm enjoying season 5 way more than I did with season 4, so I can say I'm looking forward to this.

Psyborg

Aug 6, 2018
When the first half dropped (around this time last year) this half was sopposed to come "later in the year". So this is a several month delay. Perhaps some much needed improvements were made with that extra time.

That being said, Season 4 remix was awesome.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
*Places episodes in the Pretend-it-doesnt-exist bin along with the rest of the Netflix AD output, post-Alien 3 Aliens films and post-Season 10 Simpsons*

*Goes about day*

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
The answer is obviously Twin Peaks.
Best? No doubt its Twin Peaks.

Red Dwarf's last season was really strong and that's arguably a revival. MST3K has been good too. I'm sure there are some other good ones.

As for AD, I loved season 4 (prefer the OG cut). I really didn't get on with season 5 part 1. I'm hoping part 2 retroactively makes it funny (because the first few episodes of season 4 on the first watch were tough, but are really funny on a rewatch.

Loved Maeby's plot and enjoyed GOBs, even if the greenscreen stuff REALLY hurt the last episode of that. Like, the suitcase ADR was funny, but that greenscreen stuff... eurgh.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017

There was something about half the cast going back and forth from Mexico for reasons?

Buster was missing or something?

I recall S5 making the horrible choice to double down on George Michael still dating Isla Fisher's character. That should have been jettisoned ASAP.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
I still haven't finished the first half of season 5...hard to get excited for this, and it breaks my heart.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Netflix can't really "cancel" MST3K, right? They can just choose not to fund them again, but they don't own MST3K as a series, unless something has changed from the Kickstarter.

I'm truthfully not sure.

Jonah and the guys have sent out some not-so-cryptic tweets implying that Netflix basically didn't promote the show at all.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
I just started watching this show for the first time. I have no words to describe its genius. Im only on season 2, but Its absolutely amazing.

Shoe

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Season 4's original cut was fun how it jumped in and around the storyline, but the recut and especially Season 5 are just juuuuuuunk

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Season 1, 2 and to a lesser extent 3 are amazing. 4 was trash and now I'm hearing that Season 5 is worse along with randomly splitting up the season? Yikes