• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

Arrested Development S5 |OT| And the one producer who had no choice but to keep them all together

Oct 30, 2017
The most confusing part of S5 second half was them feeling the need of retconning something from Season 1.

Lucille mother died 6 months before "Missing Kitty", yet in S5 Buster killer Lucille mother years before that.
You think THAT'S something....

Lucille : Oh, George, I should have never doubted you. Even when you slept with my sister it was for a good reason.

George Sr. : Got her to stop drinking, didn't it?

I think Nana was just Lucille's step-mother after her father remarried, hence why she wasn't torn up about her passing.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
Re: the ending of 5.2:
The thing I appreciated about season 4 was that it gave everyone EXCEPT Buster a reason to kill Lucille 2. Besides all the wonky timeline stuff, doesn’t that season go out of its way to give Buster a (dramatically ironic) alibi of being knocked out and then finding Lucille’s corpse later that night?
Also, uhhhhhhh are they saying he fucked her corpse?????????????

Oct 25, 2017
I still need to watch the final two episodes, but this second half is a lot stronger than the first one. There's still a couple shortcomings, including Michael still being mostly uninteresting (which is shocking, he was so damn good S1-S3), the long recaps and the predictability. On the other hand, there are definitive improvements over the first half too, like Gob being funny again and a story that doesn't just dance around the issue of having Lindsay leaving the show. Still not on par with the classics, but this is an enjoyable ride imho, much better than the first half of the season.

Nov 15, 2017
I watched the first episode last night. It wasn't as bad as I was expecting, and Lucille still had a few nice barbs. Will probably try some more later.
I watched the first ep too, and it felt like scenes went on for way too long. Like they were trying to explain jokes to make them funny, in a way. The quick hits of S1-3 are just gone now. It makes me sad. I also just have zero investment in the plots they've set up.

Oct 26, 2017
I watched the first episode last night. It wasn't as bad as I was expecting, and Lucille still had a few nice barbs. Will probably try some more later.
That's the way I've felt about the whole of S5 so far (i'm only a couple of episodes into the second half). I've read such bad things, but it's fine. It's not S1-3 quality, but it's still an enjoyable show and miles better (for me) than the mess that was S4.

If anything, I feel what's holding it back is having to hang onto the S4 plotlines baggage.