• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom
The titles of the first 8 episodes are apparantly leaked via reddit

"Because the fifth season isn't airing on Netflix in Australia, I looked up the schedule on my TV guide app and all the episode titles were listed there. I don't know if they're subject to change or not, so don't expect them to be the same once the show is officially released."

1. Family Leave

2. Self-Deportation

3. Everyone Gets Atrophy

4. An Old Start

5. Sinking Feelings

6. Emotional Baggage

7. ROM-Traum

8. Premature Independence

I'm so hyped for this. T-minus 1 day (hoping it releases at Midnight Tuesday)

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE
I am almost done watching FC. I forgot how much Ron Howard was in it and the sex offender suobplot. I liked S4 the first time, but this version is definitely an improvement.

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
So Australia is getting fucked on this, where even though it's a Netflix series, Foxtel is getting the rights to the new season.

COME THE FUCK ON.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
How many episodes are going to be released tomorrow, and how many do we have to wait for? Have they given any indication as to why they would split the show up like this? I really hope this isnt a trend that Netflix is going to continue using.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
NetFlix already does traditional weekly shows as well as season splits.

And 8.

Ive seen the weekly shows, I was more speaking about shows like Daredevil season 3 coming up. I would be pissed if I had to wait however long just to see the back half. When have they ever split a season like this before?

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They are splitting Kimmy Schmidt too. Clearly they are exploring the format.

I think it was said they are going to be in the fall.

OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Ive seen the weekly shows, I was more speaking about shows like Daredevil season 3 coming up. I would be pissed if I had to wait however long just to see the back half. When have they ever split a season like this before?

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
The Get Down
Castlevania (I think)
The Ranch

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE
I had also forgot that George was transitioning. But they had to drop that plot line. The narrator even said "Although it was a pretty transparent story" after George talks to the police as a woman at the end of episode 22.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like how most of the season 5 reviews include the requisite paragraph shitting on season 4, but season 4 actually has a higher Rotten Tomatoes score than season 5.

KimiNewt

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The fourth season isn't on the Israeli Netflix anymore. I hope this isn't the case with season 5. I assume the reason is that AD had some contract in perpetuity with another company here, but since season 4 was on there at first, I have a little bit of hope.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The fourth season isn't on the Israeli Netflix anymore. I hope this isn't the case with season 5. I assume the reason is that AD had some contract in perpetuity with another company here, but since season 4 was on there at first, I have a little bit of hope.

Is there a "Trailers and More" section? The original cut of Season 4 was moves to that additional section to make room for Season 4 Redux. Maybe the Redux cut isn't available in that region, but the original cut was still moved to the other section?

KimiNewt

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there a "Trailers and More" section? The original cut of Season 4 was moves to that additional section to make room for Season 4 Redux. Maybe the Redux cut isn't available in that region, but the original cut was still moved to the other section?
The whole show was removed. I watched the original 4th season there but you don't get anything when searching for Arrested Development anymore.

HP_Wuvcraft

Oct 26, 2017
South of San Francisco
That's fairly impressive considering Transparent debuted a year after AD season 4 aired. The Transparent joke was only added in the remix.
Huh.

Well, I stand by my earlier statement. AD doesn't introduce serious story arcs like that. I really, really don't want to them to start making a "lol transitioning" running joke. It would be offensive and mean. And not in the "Tobias is an Albino black person" way.

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
Huh.

Well, I stand by my earlier statement. AD doesn't introduce serious story arcs like that. I really, really don't want to them to start making a "lol transitioning" running joke. It would be offensive and mean. And not in the "Tobias is an Albino black person" way.

I don't think they would've done it in a tasteless way if they did go that route, but I'm gonna avoid making any speculation until the season is released since I don't wanna get spoiled.

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
Why isn't Michael Cera showing up with the rest of the cast to any of the press events

Deleted member 412

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems to be up, at least in Sweden. I'm not feeling very hopeful for this season for some reason, but it's still Arrested Development, dammit.

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
Well episode 1 does start with a short recap of season 4 but it's probably best to watch it. The recut season 4 is better than the original but still somewhat limited by the original format.

ZeroDS

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Fuck it isn't up in Japan. Figured his would happen with the season 4 remix not here too.

This sucks

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jesus, never thought I'd see the day Cera would actually age real hard.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Can someone remind me - are all the white-bordered scenes from previous episodes? Or is some new footage mixed in?

EDIT: first episode was pretty meh to me. I think I may have outgrown this show.

Last edited:

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Oh Jesus Christ that cut and transition from the original George Michael punches Michael scene from season 4 to a completely new recorded scene that happens right after the punch.

It's like Cera is young in one second and old as fuck just 2 seconds later, are they serious?? We need a gif from that, what were they thinking?

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
Oh Jesus Christ that cut and transition from the original George Michael punches Michael scene from season 4 to a completely new recorded scene that happens right after the punch.

It's like Cera is young in one second and old as fuck just 2 seconds later, are they serious?? We need a gif from that, what were they thinking?
I think the show is quirky enough that it's not a big deal. The show is narrated by and stars Ron Howard dammit.

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
Ten minutes left of episode two, not liking how they're handling Gob's character, at all.

Alia Shawkat looks really good though, keeping that teenage dream from watching the original broadcasts alive.

Nov 18, 2017
Episode 3 is AMAZING. Classic AD.

Also pleased the eps are running a little longer than S4 recut, around 25-30mins.

Last edited:

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I think the show is quirky enough that it's not a big deal. The show is narrated by and stars Ron Howard dammit.

Yeah I know, I mean it got a good laugh out of me but I think they never had such a bad/in your face transition before, I was literally shouting "holy shit".

But in general, I don't like it very much when they still make scenes that are supposed to happen in the last season, they did it with 4 and it barely worked and now they did it again. They had over 5 years between season 3 and 4 and now over 5 years again between 4 and 5, just, uhm, just don't do it if you, repeatedly have such big pauses between seasons. :D