• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
This most recent episode was a lot of fun. I'm gonna miss Cassidy quite a bit. She killed it as the Black Siren and really brought the best outta Rickard's Felicity.

Oliver and Felicity's daughter is the absolute worst, though. CW acting at it's most intolerable. Who raised her? Cisco?

...and then the heroes use a bomb to kill a bunch of hired goons they were already running away from.
Yo! That was the wildest shit. The went out of their way to muder those unconscious baddies for no real reason.

GuessMyUserName

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
Damn I legit squealed seeing Redeemed Canary return in the future complete with that ridiculous platinum blonde wig

Also as someone who dropped Arrow for 3 years because of Olicity, I'm soaking up all this Lauricity. Laurel-1 dying was the straw that broke me off the show, and Felicity dropping s8 is what brought me back, and here's the first episode I get to watch since catching up and it's their dynamic together I'm really enjoying.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
God I hate Laurel 1's Canary costume with a passion. They need to make it feel more like comics Black Canary. Weave the fishnet pattern into something so she doesn't actually have to wear them, but good lord it looks like a dominatrix outfit with all those metal rings and hooks which serve no purpose except to make noise while you walk.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I keep up with the show by reading everyone's recaps but I kinda want to finish it (or rather, pick it back up again) just because we're coming to the end. I stopped somewhere early-Season 4 so I have a lot of work to do.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Latest episode was okay.

Glad to see Laurel finally.

And Im so confused by the flashbacks or flashforwards or whatever you wanna call em.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
God I hate Laurel 1's Canary costume with a passion. They need to make it feel more like comics Black Canary. Weave the fishnet pattern into something so she doesn't actually have to wear them, but good lord it looks like a dominatrix outfit with all those metal rings and hooks which serve no purpose except to make noise while you walk.

Yeah I won't lie I liked the Siren outfit way more.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I felt that this week's episode was one of the weakest of the season so far. But it was great to see Sarah again in her costume actually fighting for once. But I don't feel like Laurel (no matter which Earth she's from) would ever stand a chance of putting up a good fight (much less landing a blow) against someone trained by the League of Shadows unless she went through similar training.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
League training hasn't meant shit since OG Laurel managed to deal with some of them

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's the issue with secret society in every show. Remember how dangerous the hand was until they weren't.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
I feel like the ghosts were pretty good as far as being a seasonal henchman. League dudes went to jobber mode real quick. Ninth Circle goons look kinda dumb and their outfits are impractical. Especially compared to Emiko who probably has the best villain suit in a while.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Sarah might as well be from another Earth the way they make her so different in Arrow vs LoT. White Canary vs Captain screw-up.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
He's my all-time favorite comic character. It's just too bad they casted a guy who's acting chops are incredibly limited.

Kidding aside, I do think he's done a pretty good job casting. The Flash cast in particular is pretty great. (Wally aside)
Wally is more a case of Keiynan never really seeming too into it, as evident by him coming and going. I still enjoyed him.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like her character lines up reasonably well between the two shows. Ray's the one who is a completely different character in Legends compared to Arrow.

I agree. Ray is kind of annoys me on Legends considering his start on Arrow. We only got a glimpse of his confident self on the last Legends episode and he had to be under a love spell for that.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Wally is more a case of Keiynan never really seeming too into it, as evident by him coming and going. I still enjoyed him.
I enjoyed him existing in live-action but he made next to no impact. I can barely remember anything he did.

It would've been more interesting if he was actually Iris' nephew from Joe's jerk son that they just happened to never talk about. Him being so old ruined the dynamic. He's no longer the fanboy who was saved from a shity home life by getting the same abilities as his hero. The closet thing we got to that...was William.

Oct 25, 2017
He's my all-time favorite comic character. It's just too bad they casted a guy who's acting chops are incredibly limited.

Kidding aside, I do think he's done a pretty good job casting. The Flash cast in particular is pretty great. (Wally aside)
Honestly he was perfectly fine on Legends when they actually gave him some shit to do.

Entryhazard

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Glad Laurel-2 didn't bite it and is back on the redemption path

Also while Dinah was going on her "unlike her I didn't fall to temptation" argument I couldn't help but remember that in her introductory episode she kidnapped, tortured and killed an henchman and then murdered a disarmed Sonus to exact revenge.

Last edited:

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Just watched the episode, Felicity is a good friend to be running around pregnant trying to get through to Laurel.

So there are a bunch of canaries in the future running around and there is a masked person (or robot) hunting them.

Dante being responsible for Emiko's mother death (if true) seems a bit easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.