• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which was better Season 5 or 2?

• Season 5

Votes: 50 37.3%
  • Season 2

Votes: 84 62.7%

• Total voters

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, guys. I used to watch Arrow every single week from S1-S5. But I quit, and haven't seen S6-7. Season 5 was a great improvement and had one of the best villains, the action choreography improved that season as well as I remember it.

So I decided to put on the pilot episode of Season 8 and see how it would go... Holy fuck.

Batman mask on Lian Yu? What!?
Moira is alive? The hell?
Tommy's alive? What is going on!?
Merlyn and Moira's together!? Wtf.
Thea's dead? Okay... something's up here.

Diggle appears, like the good old times from season one. But damn, then he mentions "fool me once..."
That confirmed my suspicion of multiverse shenanigans going on!

That Arrow v Arrow fight. DAYUM! I'm reminded this action is so damn dope.
The Green Arrow is that villain from S5!? My mind's already blown away.
The Dark Archer is back? What? He's Tommy!? Fuck me.

"Ten steps ahead," totally a call-back to Adrien in S5.

Deathstroke gang? That's fucking cool!
Who's Mia and her gang though? They seemed real awesome, especially Mia as an archer. Is she on our Earth too? And who are their parents???
Dinah and Rene are bad guys? Wow, I'm sold on CW's multiverse already. So damn cool to see all these differences.

This was such a combination of nostalgia-trip with legit confusion for me, and it felt oh so good.

Bruce Wayne mention? This universe has grown since last I witnessed it.
People are turning to dust? Avengers theme!
This dimension is crashing in on itself? Why did it do that? And he can travel back to our Earth with a Cisco-device? I can roll with this!

The Monitor? Who!? I get this sense he's some kind of Watcher who can see the multiverse and everything that happens on their timelines.

THIS SHIT WAS SO FUCKING GOOD. HOW!?

And now I question if I made the right decision in leaving back then. I probably did, but this episode made it feel really good being back since S5.

[edit] Wait, this was set in the future? I think I'm gonna check out The Flash's premiere this season. I stopped at S3, but apparently Flash/Arrow are pretty connected this episode.

Last edited:

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, guys. I used to watch Arrow every single week from S1-S5. But I quit, and haven't seen S6-7. Season 5 was a great improvement and had one of the best villains, the action choreography improved that season as well as I remember it.

So I decided to put on the pilot episode of Season 8 and see how it would go... Holy fuck.

Batman mask on Lian Yu? What!?
Moira is alive? The hell?
Tommy's alive? What is going on!?
Merlyn and Moira's together!? Wtf.
Thea's dead? Okay... something's up here.

Diggle appears, like the good old times from season one. But damn, then he mentions "fool me once..."
That confirmed my suspicion of multiverse shenanigans going on!

That Arrow v Arrow fight. DAYUM! I'm reminded this action is so damn dope.
The Green Arrow is that villain from S5!? My mind's already blown away.
The Dark Archer is back? What? He's Tommy!? Fuck me.

"Ten steps ahead," totally a call-back to Adrien in S5.

Deathstroke gang? That's fucking cool!
Who's Mia and her gang though? They seemed real awesome, especially Mia as an archer. Is she on our Earth too? And who are their parents???
Dinah and Rene are bad guys? Wow, I'm sold on CW's multiverse already. So damn cool to see all these differences.

This was such a combination of nostalgia-trip with legit confusion for me, and it felt oh so good.

Bruce Wayne mention? This universe has grown since last I witnessed it.
People are turning to dust? Avengers theme!
This dimension is crashing in on itself? Why did it do that? And he can travel back to our Earth with a Cisco-device? I can roll with this!

The Monitor? Who!? I get this sense he's some kind of Watcher who can see the multiverse and everything that happens on their timelines.

THIS SHIT WAS SO FUCKING GOOD. HOW!?

And now I question if I made the right decision in leaving back then. I probably did, but this episode made it feel really good being back since S5.

[edit] Wait, this was set in the future? I think I'm gonna check out The Flash's premiere this season. I stopped at S3, but apparently Flash/Arrow are pretty connected this episode.

LOL.
Parts of the eps set in future where you see Ollie \ Dig etc etc kids .
Truth is S6 was IMO bad and S7 was okay so you not miss much .
The Monitor stuff is to help set up the big cross over this year and you see bits of it is flash and arrow .
But yeah Arrow has been great this season so far since the eps are throw back to older seasons and it full of fan service.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm on team #Mia2019

Makes the new series way easier and honestly way more interesting.

The only real complication is what logical reason they'd have for keeping Felicity out of it.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
I'm on team #Mia2019

Makes the new series way easier and honestly way more interesting.

The only real complication is what logical reason they'd have for keeping Felicity out of it.

Felicity still has to take care of baby Mia .
They could also go with it would be safer for her not to have any contact or to avoid timeline mess ups.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Felicity still has to take care of baby Mia .
They could also go with it would be safer for her not to have any contact or to avoid timeline mess ups.

Oh god we are totally gonna get a "angsty Mia wants to fuck up the timeline by talking to Felicity and has to be talked out of it" storyline aren't we

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Oh god we are totally gonna get a "angsty Mia wants to fuck up the timeline by talking to Felicity and has to be talked out of it" storyline aren't we

To say nothing of JJ, Connor, or William wanting to talk to their parents/younger selves. The timeline is already fucked just by the three/four of them even being in 2019 at all. And now Oliver is back in Star City after he was supposed to have "disappeared".

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
7cJCyAl.gif

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I just watched Flash S06E01 cause I thought it was connected to Arrow S08E1 but it wasn't. I guess it was S06E02 I should have checked out since it aired the same week as Arrow. Anyway episode was bad but it was worth it for that corny song at the end, and I like the cast so it was nice seeing them again. And there's an Elasti-Man now? This universe has really grown with heroes.

Last edited:

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Man, I've missed Thea. Arrow so far is really killing it this season. I've liked every episode so far, even if the first was still the best one.

But man, I need to see more Thea. She and Ollie are so damn good together. <3

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
The Thea/Ollie relationship is what I'm going to miss the most from this show. That scene when they said goodbye to each other got me. 😢

So Thea and Talia are working together now. And Thea and Nyssa were working together before. Imagine when Nyssa comes back from Thailand or wherever the fuck and checks in on Thea. Fuck the kids, give me a spin off with Thea and the Al Ghul sisters.

I didn't really care about the future stuff or the Diggle stuff this week. I hope the spin off is just Mia and the other two jabronies go.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
The ending was super exciting but the episode it self was pretty unremarkable. IDGAF about Diggle right now if it's not about teasing a Power Ring reveal.

Again, Future JJ is great and is giving off some serious Prometheus vibes.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
The Thea/Ollie relationship is what I'm going to miss the most from this show. That scene when they said goodbye to each other got me. 😢

So Thea and Talia are working together now. And Thea and Nyssa were working together before. Imagine when Nyssa comes back from Thailand or wherever the fuck and checks in on Thea. Fuck the kids, give me a spin off with Thea and the Al Ghul sisters.

I didn't really care about the future stuff or the Diggle stuff this week. I hope the spin off is just Mia and the other two jabronies go.

The three of them are probably going to show up in the finale or Crisis with their new League.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
For the first time since The Flash debuted, the Arrow thread has overtaken it in posts. After starting a week later no less.

capture251k9c.png

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
That's one way to eliminate the flashforwards.

Episode was okay. Diggle's side story put me to sleep.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
They'll still find a way to do the flashforwards.

Nightmares never end.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
I'm rather have a League of Heroes show starring Thea, than the Canaries show.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm rather have a League of Heroes show starring Thea, than the Canaries show.

Make it a "Justice League at a distance" series. Thea, Talia, and Nyssa travelling the world as sort of superhero talent scouts, recruiting new members for the Justice League. Do 5 episode arcs with a different potential recruit each arc.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Wow. What an ep. First, it's clear the book meant he was visited by the Anti-Monitor
Second, Zoe....nooooo. Don't care much for the flashfowards but wham
And this present/future mix. Neat. So Mia will stay in the past? That has my interest

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh god how I've missed Thea, as well as her dynamic with Oliver. Made me realize that she was probably my favorite character overall on this show (I don't count Sara anymore) I would rather have a Speedy spinoff tbh...

The ending is a total wtf moment, but at the same time I find it terrifying that the future kids have now infected the main story. I thought we had until the crossover for them to show up ;_;