• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which was better Season 5 or 2?

• Season 5

Votes: 50 37.3%
  • Season 2

Votes: 84 62.7%

• Total voters

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Transporting the future cast to the present honestly works really damn well. Shame the season is short.

Hilarious that this handled future kids coming to the past better than Flash did.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really disappointed this is the final season. I want a LOT more of this.

I think because it the series final season is why it good
The have lower number of eps and they have a plan and don't have to worry about anything else.
So far it has been going good and they have a lot of history to pull from also .

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Transporting the future cast to the present honestly works really damn well. Shame the season is short.

Hilarious that this handled future kids coming to the past better than Flash did.

for me the flash just feels like its a ridiculously small cast and everyone feels redundant.

haven't seen the new season but man flash's cast just keeps doing the same shit over and over with few differences.

and also their world building feels like its stuck at star labs and that's it.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Solid episode, glad it wasn't a 1 off where the kids show up and then resolve issues and leave. Like the new dynamic and how the monitor is good...but bad....but good? lol

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
Well they had plenty of examples of what not to do. I'm still so annoyed with what Flash did with Nora.

I mean...I'm disappointed that they spent a season on Nora at all. It seemed like a weird reason/way to get Reverse Flash out again. Which as much as I love him as a villain, they're making it real hard to believe Season 1 was his final end, which they keep repeating. :(

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
-Lol at Mia telling Ollie Nyssa trained her not knowing Ollie is better than her. I low key thought that scene was gonna be a blow up with her trying to fight him and not going well for her.
-Someone needs to tell Diggle that when he don't know who to blame the correct answer is always Barry
-Mia telling everyone to not tell the truth is definitely a Queen trait she picked up from her father.
-I'm a expect every final episode moment to be Monitor's (or Anti-Moniter's) doing.
-It's really weird cause while I like all these individual stories the DCCW shows are telling I just REALLY want it to be Crisis already

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Solid episode, glad it wasn't a 1 off where the kids show up and then resolve issues and leave. Like the new dynamic and how the monitor is good...but bad....but good? lol
I figure we are seeing both the Monitor and Anti-Monitor. In fact, at this point I'm suspecting a type of montage thing in Crisis that will contextualize all these meetings and show who was whom.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
No lie, seeing Ollie & William bonding again was heartwarming, especially when William came out to him.

Casker

Oct 25, 2017
Man after seeing the Titans Deathstroke suit, the Arrowverse one is so bad.

Mia seems more like an angsty teenager than an actual adult.

Barry should have told Oliver about Flashpoint lmao. That being said, I love time travel shenanigans so this is right up my alley.

Remmy2112

Nov 5, 2017
Barry should have told Oliver about Flashpoint lmao. That being said, I love time travel shenanigans so this is right up my alley.

He did tell Oliver during the Dominators alien crossover several seasons back. Said how he did it, why he did it, and that it changed the gender of Diggle's child.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Man after seeing the Titans Deathstroke suit, the Arrowverse one is so bad.

Mia seems more like an angsty teenager than an actual adult.

Mia is only 20 and angry at everything which is make sense with everything that happen.
She also got some of oliver worst traits lol
Ep was rather heart warming .

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Great episode. They really nailed the emotional impact with reuniting the kids with Ollie and Diggle. And Rene has done a complete 180 since I was almost done with him back in season 6 until Oliver almost killed him. Glad to see they're not having Mia stay angry at Oliver, and slowly building the relationship between them.

Kalnet

Oct 25, 2017
I expected rene to go full ham on deathstroke if it was JJ but glad they dealt that surprisingly quickly and did it good as well.

If JJ was sent back into the past as well, it'll pretty much be a full season side plot with rene and diggle hulking out on each other.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Me last week: Ugh, these future kids are gonna infect the present day and make it worse

This week: Alright fine y'all can stay this is adorable ;_;

To be fair, Arrow only has to deal with this shit for a few episodes, whereas Flash had to do it for an entire season. I mean, it'd probably still do it better than Flash, but I doubt we wouldn't have our fair share of gripes if it wasn't this short thing.

No lie, seeing Ollie & William bonding again was heartwarming, especially when William came out to him.

I ain't gonna lie, I dunno if I buy that Oliver knew he was gay, but I'll allow it since it was a great scene anyhow

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
for me the flash just feels like its a ridiculously small cast and everyone feels redundant.

haven't seen the new season but man flash's cast just keeps doing the same shit over and over with few differences.

and also their world building feels like its stuck at star labs and that's it.

It really is depressing looking at how terrible the worldbuilding is in the other Beeboverse shows like Flash and Supergirl.

Legends has done a fine job though building up its history.

This is Oliver and Felicity won't be surprise if they knew by keeping tabs and semi spying \hacking him lol

I'm sure you can find a way to rationalize it, but I meant more like based off of what we've seen of their relationship on-screen lol

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
I liked it and glad future dynamic is good.
Also, why are we calling them future kids when Mia is like 21, William is like 33 and Connor is...27

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
anyone wanna pitch to call it the Superverse? no?

Anyway that episode was great, it was emotional overload at times it was so intense. I really hated Diggle's reaction to Connor and I'm glad he snapped out of it. Rene was justifiably furious but he really dealt with things like an adult. Surprised but pleased they didn't send the kids back right away, they can mine a lot of this dynamic.

Also I guess Dinah's story is just done at this point, she's like "oh I'm gonna start a team called the Canaries? cool!"

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
What a fantastic episode.

Oliver's reaction to being told his kids didn't grow up together was... raw.

We finally got payoffs to the flashforwards and in the end I think it was worth it. All the kids get stuff to do now and they're sooo much better.

Laurel being the moral compass for Felicity and now Mia is amazing. Black Siren is just the gift that keeps on giving.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
What a fantastic episode.

Oliver's reaction to being told his kids didn't grow up together was... raw.

We finally got payoffs to the flashforwards and in the end I think it was worth it. All the kids get stuff to do now and they're sooo much better.

Laurel being the moral compass for Felicity and now Mia is amazing. Black Siren is just the gift that keeps on giving.
Yup, I forgot to mention that, Stephen sold the shit out of that.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This episode was all feelings. Loved it. The kids all had great chemistry with the current cast and it was nice to see them in a timeline where everything isn't awful all the time. Connor/Diggle feels. Oliver/William/Mia feels.

Also, Mar Novu you son of a bitch always getting these stingers

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
I thought it was a cool episode, but didn't make me anymore excited for the spin-off with Arrow Jrs. I'm just not that big a fan of any of the future characters.

Never was that big of a Curtis fan, but it was cool seeing him back again for the final season.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Amell and Ben Lewis' acting was on fire this episode. Amell just spent the whole episode fluctuating between immense pride and heartbreak within seconds. Oh and Rick Gonzalez too. Basically everyone got a chance to do some series best work. Except Dinah, who was just being chill as fuck lol. e: wait even she got to do great pep talks

AV Club: A-

They nicely point out how much it means for William to see a gay tech hero like himself, which is cool.

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Does the Monitor have the power to completely restore a lost universe? I didn't think Monitors were that strong.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and say shenanigans are afoot

Like it's basically a given that at least some of the Monitor sightings so far were actually the Anti-Monitor who is not trustworthy

Yeah. If we are seeing the Anti-Monitor pretending to be the real one (I'm sure the book they found was showing him) I wonder when they'll actually do the reveal.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
I mean...I'm disappointed that they spent a season on Nora at all. It seemed like a weird reason/way to get Reverse Flash out again. Which as much as I love him as a villain, they're making it real hard to believe Season 1 was his final end, which they keep repeating. :(
What? The current RF is the one from S1.

He survived.