• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which was better Season 5 or 2?

• Season 5

Votes: 50 37.3%
  • Season 2

Votes: 84 62.7%

• Total voters

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and say shenanigans are afoot

Like it's basically a given that at least some of the Monitor sightings so far were actually the Anti-Monitor who is not trustworthy
Yeah. If we are seeing the Anti-Monitor pretending to be the real one (I'm sure the book they found was showing him) I wonder when they'll actually do the reveal.
I can't remember which CW thread I said this in, but I'm pretty confident that's what we are seeing. I expect a reveal in Crisis proper. The typical thing to do here would be to have a sort of montage which contextualizes the sightings, but there are a lot of other options.

Some of that is just because we are seeing both "Ollie must die" and "Barry must die" which seems a little...odd. Specifically in that they are each only being told that angle. Not something like "You and the Flash must die."

But yeah, at least some of these have to be the Anti-Monitor at work.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Ep 1: Oliver vs. Tommy
Ep 2: Katana vs. China White
Ep 3: Thea vs. Talia
Ep 4: Team Arrow vs. Team Deathstroke

Ep 5: Mia vs. Dolph Lundgren's son?

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
So i remember early on people were saying flash don't really have history \ world building with it's characters
Saw this week ep man what a waste just for a predictable ep and show arrow much better with that stuff.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So i remember early on people were saying flash don't really have history \ world building with it's characters
Saw this week ep man what a waste just for a predictable ep and show arrow much better with that stuff.

Only show that comes close after Arrow is Legends. You look at how Supergirl and Flash are in their 5th and 6th seasons respectively, and it's just depressing to think about.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
Another really solid episode. The Kids play really well off of the original cast. I like that they've kept Black Siren with a bit of her edge. Like, you can go kill this dude if you want, I ain't gonna stop ya.

I'd also like to say that even though it was a little thing, I really liked Oliver taking Mia to the graves. It helped make the world feel real. Like that's something a real human being would do and not a character on a show. It was a great little touch.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Another great episode. The future cast really stepped up their performances. Ben Lewis' in particular was great. He felt like a fully realized character who was able to show multiple sides of his character in an episode where he wasn't the sole focus. Big kudos to him.

I'd also like to say that even though it was a little thing, I really liked Oliver taking Mia to the graves. It helped make the world feel real. Like that's something a real human being would do and not a character on a show. It was a great little touch.
I agree. I was so happy that this episode wasn't just exposition and they allowed these characters to have real human interactions that felt genuine. All of the parent-child dynamics were really well handled and they were even able to make Dinah, Laurel and Curtis feel necessary to the plot without any convolution. All the performers really stepped up and it shows.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Still can't believe we went from Ollie fighting street goons in the beginning of the show to him trying to kill a god. Thank you, CW.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
What? The current RF is the one from S1.

He survived.

Yup. Thawne has escaped all of his deaths by either creating Time Remnants or hiding in the Negative Speed Force. Aside from episodes that specifically state that he is from a different point in his timeline, all versions are consecutive. Season 1 Thawne was followed by Legends Thawne was followed by Crisis on Earth X Thawne who was followed by Season 5 Thawne.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Yup. Thawne has escaped all of his deaths by either creating Time Remnants or hiding in the Negative Speed Force. Aside from episodes that specifically state that he is from a different point in his timeline, all versions are consecutive. Season 1 Thawne was followed by Legends Thawne was followed by Crisis on Earth X Thawne who was followed by Season 5 Thawne.
Wasn't Legends RF an actual time remnant though? He was pulled by Barry at the start of S3.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Yeah Legends RF was an earlier timeline version that somehow inherited S1 Flash's memories.

there's no logical explanation

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force

EIv8dyzWoAAaE6f.jpg

Kalel114

Oct 27, 2017
Great episode. Loved the the little 2001 Easter egg with a HAL 3000 next to Curtis at the end there. Felicity what have you done? Lol.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
They said they don't know what happened to him. I don't see why they wouldn't know anything about the event itself...
The event doesn't happen (in that future). Oliver stops it.

And keep in mind Crisis happens outside of the timeline, the chances are their future doesn't exist anymore (and Flash can't time travel to that point). Basically everything is in flux.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Speaking of Thawne, Crisis better give us that Superman Vs. Reverse Flash fight that got teased in Crisis on Earth X.

MikeBreezy92

Oct 28, 2019
People dunk on McNamara's acting, but I thought all her scenes with Stephen were really good.

She just needs more to work with. You can't have her perpetually angry all the damn time and she needs people she can really bounce off of. FTA isn't a developed enough cast to do that on its own. They need OTA to at least get a head start.

Serif

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The relationship between Oliver and his children is so sweet :3

And yeah, so wild that Arrow is dealing with meeting future time-displaced children and creating anti-matter, while Flash had a (relatively) more grounded episode this week (didn't even deal with Cisco getting his powers back or Breacher's Earth possibly getting destroyed, it was more of a straightforward mystery. I still enjoyed it).

Also, took long enough for Grant Wilson to eventually show up. Poor Slade.