• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RacerBest

Nov 3, 2017
The creator of Absolute Drift, Funselektor announced his new game today, Art Of Rally.

Here is the official website and some information about the game:
http://artofrally.com/

• Progress through the golden years of rally in Career Mode
• 30+ iconic rally cars from the 60s, 70s, 80s, Group B and Group S
• Completely overhauled handling from the car physics system of Absolute Drift
• 50 rally stages in Finland, Sardinia, Norway, Japan and Germany
• Repair performance damage between stages
• Daily and weekly challenges with leaderboards
• Original soundtrack by Tatreal

Coming to Steam this year. https://store.steampowered.com/app/550320/art_of_rally/

Looks awesome, I loved Absolute Drift, drifting in that game was so fun, can't wait to try this out.

odbilal

Avenger
Jan 22, 2018
Im going to guess the iconic cars are homages and not actually licensed, right?
But yeah looks cool, always meant to try out absolute drift but might wait for this

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Warned: Portbegging
Absolute Drift was a lot of fun, this is Steam only?, no console?, it would be great on Switch.

Ox Code

Jul 21, 2018
I knew I wasn't making up the idea that they would be doing rally next. Surprised it took as long as it did.

Jun 18, 2018
Loving the visuals and the handling looks great, but not sure I need the camera moving so much especially if there are close ups that reduce your view of what's coming ahead.

Turrican3

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Somewhat unexpected, but it definitely makes sense.

I spent A LOT of hours on Absolute Drift, challenging a couple of friends, one of them has already posted here. :-D

Kaivan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
• 50 rally stages in Finland, Sardinia, Norway, Japan and Germany
23fdb012daf24e5dec62e0f9d74ae678.gif

tatwo

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Looks awesome. Kind of reminds me of Rally-Sport DOS game. Anyone remember it? Or was it just a Finnish thing?

ODD

Oct 25, 2017
What is this about? You control the car with that camera or is there something else that I'm missing? Looks... weird.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
With those sexy simplified graphics on PC looks like this game will be able to hit 120/144 fps on their respective monitors easily.

Stoked.

ODD

Oct 25, 2017
In Absolute Drift you don't control with the camera. The Camera just follows you around. Or did you mean something else?
What I meant is that that camera doesn't look like the best perspective to control the car.

Don't get me wrong, I love top-down racers, but usually they have some logic behind the camera's movements, but this one just looks weird.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
Loved Absolute drift on PS4 so it's day one when/if releases on PS or Xbox.

They have been teasing this for a long time, good to know it's alive and well :)

Camera angles worked really well on drift, so i trust the same will apply here.

is there any gameplay footage?

This trailer should be all gameplay footage.

What is this about? You control the car with that camera or is there something else that I'm missing? Looks... weird.

Worked well for drift but some camera angles in the trailer felt weird for a rally game but let's wait and see.

Im going to guess the iconic cars are homages and not actually licensed, right?
But yeah looks cool, always meant to try out absolute drift but might wait for this

Should be the same as drift, cars look like replicas of the originals but without any branding.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
What I meant is that that camera doesn't look like the best perspective to control the car.

Don't get me wrong, I love top-down racers, but usually they have some logic behind the camera's movements, but this one just looks weird.

Dev replied on Twitter that the camera angle is similar to Ignition but a little further out and a wider fov. So I have my fingers crossed it'll be great

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if this will ever come to Switch. Did Absolute Drift? Loved it on PC, but I think it would work really well in handheld mode actually.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Still can't work out of the camera is choreographed around the track curves, or tied to the car movements - something looks odd about it. Still definitely interested though. Agree they could hopefully add other camera options - a fixed angle like super sprint/skid marks could work well

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Still can't work out of the camera is choreographed around the track curves, or tied to the car movements - something looks odd about it. Still definitely interested though. Agree they could hopefully add other camera options - a fixed angle like super sprint/skid marks could work well
A little bit of both, looks like. It's fixed on the car during most of the run, but choreographed when close to the finish line, I think.