• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Here it is, the new Zelda book arrived and what a whopper it is again.

Switch for scale.
NPLENRQ.jpg

lC7SZuj.jpg

Kn7yn9T.jpg

ItqbcTk.jpg

600tWU5.jpg

IwpUxae.jpg

2mYEjyo.jpg

iHpibNy.jpg

FZ1aQCE.jpg

CLabMEl.jpg

jUOuR7G.jpg

2hwEw2S.jpg

A few notes.

The original price is 100$ and we we got a mail today that we get money back from Amazon and just pay around 50€. Damn that's what I call a good currency conversion. :P

The map is huge and the front is completely out of cloth, but it's glued (or whatever I could call this) on paper. Very weird.

Book is fantastic, that's what I call an Artbook. Very much too read with many pictures. Such a quality book here, also the blue material here is fantastic.

The purple ball is the weakest part. It's blurry on one side, the lasered logo is not really good with errors in it and the glass has some weird stuff inside on one side, really bad quality, I think I will ask about a replacement and hope it's better in other versions and not a general problem.

Rest is fantastic.

Icarus

Oct 26, 2017
Received the following books this month:

The Art of Hearthstone - It's a really well made and put together book which shows off concet art along with final artwork for the cards. It also goes in to detail about each new set of packs and also shows the card back art off too. It's a lovely book and for those of you who have played Hearthstone will love it.

Dark Souls 3 - Incredible. Those of you who have got the previous 2 books won't need any convincing with this one. It was worth the wait!

Last book is arriving this week which is the FFXIV Eorzea Book Volume 2. Can't wait for it since the first volume was superb.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
Anyone here got the "Neo Geo A Visual History" book and do you know where to buy them?
It's a great book with a premium feel befitting the "prestige" of the Neo Geo. I got one of the special editions from the official bitmap website, but those editions are long gone. You can still get the standard release though.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Hmmm maybe I will use that $5 code... Anyone know in the past how it worked for pre-orders? I saw that the price for the 3rd Final Fantasy Ultimania Archive is going down in price, but after applying the coupon, will I still get an even LOWER value, when Amazon inevitably prices it down further?

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
There was a sale on Google and i bought Alice Madness returns(the artwork on that game is amazing) and Zelda enciclopedia, for $5 each one.

DOOM artwork looked interesting but as much as i like the game, i don't think it has great art

Zelda champion looks awesome but too expensive because its new :c

ROMASS

One Winged Slayer
Oct 15, 2018
Received today Eyes of Bayonetta 2 and the Zelda BotW one. The package was bigger and heavier than expected, Hero's Edition is HUGE, now I wonder how big the other limited edition can be.

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
So, that new Breath of the Wild artbook... I may have taken it a bit to the extreme...

Creating-a-Champion.jpg

The premium editions are both truly beautiful, though (the Champions Edition is leather-bound!).. I just need to convince myself to unseal them!

Last edited:

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
I picked up the MGS I-IV collection and ordered the MGSV book to complete the set.

...That MGS I-IV collection though is something! That or the LE God of War art book might take the top for my best book purchased this year.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
I picked up the MGS I-IV collection and ordered the MGSV book to complete the set.

...That MGS I-IV collection though is something! That or the LE God of War art book might take the top for my best book purchased this year.

I didn´t event know this existed until know lol

I received the standard edition of the art book this week and it looks so good :)

Any impressions on Marvel´s Spiderman artbook?

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah it's a beautiful version of the book. The only negative is the case the book comes in is too tall for my shelf. lol
Yeah quality book, but the shape is so weird. Love all the concept art and potential routes they could have gone with each character. And any artbook with developer notes gets a few bonus points from me.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
How's the black flag book? That's prolly my favorite AC. Was thinking of picking it up.

Sorry for the late response, i just finished reading the Black Flag book and it's beautiful. The animus stuff is the weakest part, but the concept art from the ship battles, the locations from the game, the characters, are really colourful and vibrant. Presentation of the book is really good. The amount of commentary is kinda low, though.

I'd say it's worth it. I think it was kinda cheap in amazon?

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
Target said:
promotion details
Spend $20 save $5 on select books. Discount applied at checkout. Not valid on previous orders. Offer excludes items sold & shipped by Target Storefront Partners and clearance items. Pricing, promotions and availability may vary by location and on Target.com. Offer expires 12/1/2018 at 11:59pm PT.

I just noticed that Target has the $5 off promo as well. I put an order in for the MMX Design Works (Hardcover), which comes out on Tuesday. Great artbook deals this weekend!

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have the Professor Layton artbook that Udon localized? Thinking of getting it, but was curious about the content.

May 30, 2018
I just noticed that Target has the $5 off promo as well. I put an order in for the MMX Design Works (Hardcover), which comes out on Tuesday. Great artbook deals this weekend!

I just ordered the MMX book last night on this recommendation and woke up to a cancellation order. It's weird because the item still shows available to order so I just ordered again (and now it's even cheaper thanks to 15% off). Did this happen to you, too?

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
I just ordered the MMX book last night on this recommendation and woke up to a cancellation order. It's weird because the item still shows available to order so I just ordered again (and now it's even cheaper thanks to 15% off). Did this happen to you, too?
I completely forgot about the CM discount when I posted yesterday. I cancelled my original order shortly after. I just reordered the book this morning. I'll chime in if anything weird happens.

Additionally, the $5 off promo appears to be a per transaction type of deal. It's applying again to all the books I have on my "save for later" list. Might have to try it on FF Ultimania 2 later today. =)

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Eyes of Bayonetta 2 and Creating a Champion arrived today. Can't wait to dig in.

Creating a Champion is a lot thicker than I expected as well.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
In the US they have the collector's edition Red Dead Redemption 2 guide book on sale for $29 (that's sales tax and shipping included) at Barnes and Noble.

https://m.barnesandnoble.com/w/red-dead-redemption-2-piggyback/1129166562?ean=9781911015543

Same price on Amazon too and I wonder if the NOVBOOK18 coupon is still active to get $5 off?

Amazon used to list the book cheaper if I remember correctly but because of their issues with publishers they were the last retailers to receive stock of both games and guide books so they never arrived for launch.