• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
Has there been any word on a Kingdom Hearts art book? I know there's a mini one coming with some version of the game, but the series deserves a complete one.

Not yet. Closest you'll get is the pre-order bonus books and the KH Ultimanias. I'm guessing the mainline Disney characters prevent them from selling a fully-fledged book.

Deleted member 48205

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 30, 2018
Yo is there like a general Capcom artbook? Not any specific series, just a mix of good stuff from Darkstalkers, Street Fighter, Rival Schools, RE, DMC, and maybe some arcade games like Red Earth etc?
I really like Shinkiro, does he have a book?

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Yo is there like a general Capcom artbook? Not any specific series, just a mix of good stuff from Darkstalkers, Street Fighter, Rival Schools, RE, DMC, and maybe some arcade games like Red Earth etc?
I really like Shinkiro, does he have a book?
There's Capcom Design Works and Capcom Visual Works 2004-2014 which are both fantastic.

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
The Amano biography is starting to release in comic shops. Apparently the limited edition is about 5000 copies, far more reasonable than the 1000 signed copies of The Sky they released. Comes with signature, Blu-Ray documentary, Paris sketchbook, and two prints (Terra & Vampire Hunter D)

Crunchyroll has a preview of the translation from French, which seems quite good: https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-n...artist-yoshitaka-amanos-illustrated-biography

4CkClAB.jpg

3b2R4UF.jpg

ffs, now i need to figure out how to get my hands on that.

Booga

Alt account
Banned
Sep 15, 2018
Hard to tell, honestly. Most of the RE books have been quite lackluster. If I had to choose, though, I'd pick Udon's Art of Resident Evil 5, well above any of the others.

Just hope that The Resident Evil 2 ReMAKE has an accompanying artbook, or that Capcom partners with Titanbooks, Insight, or DarkHorse.

Cheers.
The Udon RE artbooks are lackluster for me. It feels like they were copy pasted from the game. I saw some previews of the book online.
Only RE artbooks/companions I've come across have been the Archives. First one has some interesting art in a small section in the middle, but the book is more of a lore resource than anything else.

Not the greatest quality though. Half of my copy is falling apart. Pretty sure Brady Games did the publishing.
Thank you all.

Yeah I was looking at The Archives and it seemed like an Ok Artbook. That one comes in 2 parts yes? Which one is better?

I think the idea of lore sounds great, but I'd definitely love to see a comprehensive history of Art. Especially the lost games like 1.5, 3 (when it was Hunk on a boat) he 3.5

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Parka blogs at parkablogs.com is pretty useful. His reviews are fairly basic, but I like his blog mostly because he shows me new stuff coming out I didn't even know exists
Thats a great one. I already have Halycon Realms subbed, but he is a bit to asia-focused for me, but parklblogs appears to have a great general overview

Finalpotion

Jun 24, 2018
Parka blogs at parkablogs.com is pretty useful. His reviews are fairly basic, but I like his blog mostly because he shows me new stuff coming out I didn't even know exists

Parka Blogs is really the "best" place for Videogame Artbook reviews, short and concise, keeping it about the artbook only without the history of the game. It's definitely a niche market.

Vespa

Oct 26, 2017
Imported the SFA2 versus guide on a whim, not sure if it's got any different art to any of the SF art books but it comes with a sweet poster!
lk5d7Lf.jpg

uSJ42s1.jpg

wClDPTM.jpg

A VF2 comic by Katsuya Terada, it has a mini gallery with some amazing illustrations in it
A0AmeX7.jpg

up0pPAJ.jpg

I've been after this book for a while and it's a little disappointing, not in terms of art but the layout, amazing artwork squeezed into the corners :/
OSznYWU.jpg

YwDCstP.jpg

6LGEB6O.jpg

Some nice background art in this (I still need to see the movie)
Nv2FDrJ.jpg

gSsU9uC.jpg

Couple more Art of Mario Odyssey shots and a page from the Zelda BOTW creating a champion book
IvrBtMK.jpg

bOd2GIa.jpg

ZBcfrtf.jpg

Antony

Oct 25, 2017
PlayStation Home
Imported the SFA2 versus guide on a whim, not sure if it's got any different art to any of the SF art books but it comes with a sweet poster!
lk5d7Lf.jpg

uSJ42s1.jpg

wClDPTM.jpg

A VF2 comic by Katsuya Terada, it has a mini gallery with some amazing illustrations in it
A0AmeX7.jpg

up0pPAJ.jpg

I've been after this book for a while and it's a little disappointing, not in terms of art but the layout, amazing artwork squeezed into the corners :/
OSznYWU.jpg

YwDCstP.jpg

6LGEB6O.jpg

Some nice background art in this (I still need to see the movie)
Nv2FDrJ.jpg

gSsU9uC.jpg

Couple more Art of Mario Odyssey shots and a page from the Zelda BOTW creating a champion book
IvrBtMK.jpg

bOd2GIa.jpg

ZBcfrtf.jpg
Thanks for these :)
I need that (translated) Mario Odyssey book BADLY!

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Encyclopedia Eorzia 1 + 2 is finally shipping! I've had that first book on an email list for two? Maybe three years? Glad it's ginally happening, I gave up hope long ago.

OP
OP
UnluckyKate

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
I tried to play with the new cover system with the actual banner. It's too wide for the new format. If anyone feel like making a better one, go ahead I'll use it !

Or should I just use a weekly/ monthly book cover of the next big release ?

Would you like a rotation on the cover ?

Will the mods allow a rotation of the cover art like this ? XD

Last edited: