• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
UnluckyKate

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
So... it seems amazon.us now ship to france ?

I just ordered a bunch of books to test shipping prices, taxes, shipping delays and eventual toll fees... But it could be game changer when some books are twice cheaper than here and 25/30% cheaper than in UK

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
GIFTBOOK18 is another Amazon code available for $5 off. Some artbooks have been containing coupon codes for double savings. Not games, but picked up The Art of Howl's Moving Castle and The Art of Miyazaki's Spirited Away for like $16 each, which is a great deal!

For the first time, Amazon actually wrapped my book in a sealed baggy. Wow, I hope they continue to actually do this in the future!

Riley

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Got the Monster Hunter Illustrations hardcover for a little less than $15 from Amazon (with the code and coupon). Nice little holiday gift for myself.

Vespa

Oct 26, 2017
So... it seems amazon.us now ship to france ?
Awesome news and kind of surprised they didn't ship to other EU countries before (I've bought from Amazon US before from the UK)
GIFTBOOK18 is another Amazon code available for $5 off. Some artbooks have been containing coupon codes for double savings. Not games, but picked up The Art of Howl's Moving Castle and The Art of Miyazaki's Spirited Away for like $16 each, which is a great deal!

Fantastic price! I still need to pick up those two.

New arrivals, the SNK one didn't have the dust cover but it was slightly cheaper than the going price for complete books. Also got the two Daniel Chavez sketchbooks, anybody who has the more recent Halo artbooks will be familiar with his work.

oDuCUMF.jpg

yF9ZVp9.jpg

AOhY9iu.jpg

IP8Jgor.jpg

DC Sketchbook 2
V6F70jX.jpg

Xj0Idl4.jpg

fDPUpoD.jpg

There's a couple of colour pages at the back although the book is 99% pencil and ink sketches. Really nice collection despite being one from one of those print on demand publishers.

DC Sketchbook 1
tMX5T1v.jpg

The first sketchbook is kinda disappointing, much lower print quality than the second.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone else pick up the Yoshitaka Amano Collector's Edition? I got #1090. I wanted #666 xD.

These are the photocards you get for the uninitiated. They're about 6.25x8.25 inches.

Hzz0EwIl.jpg
ouoWNE4l.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2018
It doesn't hit till next week, but has anyone had a chance to view Into The Spider-Verse: The Art of the Movie yet? Any impressions?

A17MUv7SvPL.jpg

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
so the final fantasy ultimania vol 2 should be out today but I've had it preordered since september and it's saying 'usually ships within 1-2 months'? anyone heard of any issues?
I'm in the U.K. and I heard mine had been delayed to January, but now it seems to be back on track for this week. All I can say is always expect it to be a bit late, but it might not necessarily be months.

OP
OP
UnluckyKate

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
I've made some impusle buys over the past few days, but I'll be out for vacations for a few weeks... I'll have a pile of books to pick up early next year

Ninja Kn1ght

Oct 25, 2017
My Ultimania Vol.2 has been dispatched, it should be here Friday. It's so nice to finally get these in English. I just got the Amano biography and the DQ Toritama illustrations collection, too.

tomd96

Jul 6, 2018
My Ultimania Volume 2 was delivered this afternoon. I've only had a look at the first 20 pages or so but it looks great so far. Hopefully everyone else's will arrive soon!

slinch

Jan 20, 2018
Nice, I finally picked one up about a month ago, as well as the 20 Years of TR book, which were the last two I was really struggling to find. Unfortunately both got pretty damaged during transit (due to terrible packaging), but I got full refunds on both, so I guess I'm fine with them for the time being.

HNBjIo3.jpg

And here's my whole TR set, I think this is pretty much it for what was on my wishlist. Oh, back in April of this year there were zero TR books in my collection.

6FBu3U4.jpg

Apr 19, 2018
Artbook has not arrived yet, I guess it hast to do with strikes at our Amazon Logistic Centers. Will give you a headsup as soon as I recive it

All good. I actually put an order in myself -- alongside Titan's Into The Spider-Verse Official Movie Special tie-in. I suspect there's going to be some overlap with the official art book, but in my current fervor for all things Spider-Verse related, I figured what the heck. =]

My Ultimania Vol.2 has been dispatched, it should be here Friday. It's so nice to finally get these in English. I just got the Amano biography and the DQ Toritama illustrations collection, too.

My copy of Ultimania Vol. 2 arrived today, but I've yet to get home to check it out. Looking forward to it!

Electricb7

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else get their Dragon Quest Illustrations book from Amazon in a fucking bubble mailer? Im sending this shit back.

Apr 19, 2018
Artbook has not arrived yet, I guess it hast to do with strikes at our Amazon Logistic Centers. Will give you a headsup as soon as I recive it

So I put an order in, but Amazon's giving me a pushed back release as well. From January 10th to February 1st. =/ I suspect it'll come sooner, but since I'm the inpatient type, I took a look at this video. It's a pretty comprehensive look at someone who received the book:

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like the Mega Man Zero artbook reprint is finally up for preorder on Amazon (hard cover)

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, I finally picked one up about a month ago, as well as the 20 Years of TR book, which were the last two I was really struggling to find. Unfortunately both got pretty damaged during transit (due to terrible packaging), but I got full refunds on both, so I guess I'm fine with them for the time being.

And here's my whole TR set, I think this is pretty much it for what was on my wishlist. Oh, back in April of this year there were zero TR books in my collection.

I didn't realize there were so many Tomb Raider comics! How many issues is that?

slinch

Jan 20, 2018
I didn't realize there were so many Tomb Raider comics! How many issues is that?

TR Archives 1-3 cover the entire 1999 Top Cow run (#1-#50, only #25 is missing for some reason), Archives 4 has "issues #0 and #1/2 of the 1999 Top Cow Tomb Raider series, issues #1-#12 of the 2001 Tomb Raider: Journeys series, and five one-shot stories", and the TR Library edition has the 2014 Dark Horse run (#1-#18). There's been a bunch of other comics as well, but I don't really keep track. I bought these primarily for the incredible artwork, though I do plan to read them eventually.

These are beasts though, the five books run over 2200 pages in total.

ryodi

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Yea, the 20yr one is hard to pickup now, for sure.

I'd been thinking about buying it for a while and then suddenly it was gone and is now listed on Amazon £85 which is a lot more than I am willing to spend. I'm hoping they'll reprint it but with the anniversary now gone it's a long shot.