• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RenorMirshann

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
Poland
gN7cPdzl.jpg

The girl looks similar to Aurora from the Child of Light poster that was in CE:

7sd8V0o.jpg

I guess it's the dress.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Anyone's Death Stranding book ship in the US?. My amazon pre order never did and now it says out of stock on the site.

Nope. I tried reaching out to Amazon and Titan a couple days ago but all Amazon said was it would ship the 11th. Well it didn't.

I could of ordered it from Japan and received it by now honestly and the Japanese edition has English text anyway.

Apr 19, 2018
Thanks for this! I was on the fence about pre-ordering, but decided not to because money was a little tight. This price is perfect.
Anyone recomends The Art Of Mana? See some videos and liked what i see

I picked up the Japanese import last year and offered up some impressions in this very thread. Related responses here, and a couple of words about the Secret of Mana 4 and Children of Mana Development Artworks, as it relates to the Art of book, here.

For the current cost, it's a solid purchase with a few caveats. To add since, I kind of wished they pushed this release back to update and add some of the art work to the upcoming Trials of Mana remake. This would make a largely comprehensive compilation even better.

slashf

Oct 28, 2017
I picked up the Japanese import last year and offered up some impressions in this very thread. Related responses here, and a couple of words about the Secret of Mana 4 and Children of Mana Development Artworks, as it relates to the Art of book, here.

For the current cost, it's a solid purchase with a few caveats. To add since, I kind of wished they pushed this release back to update and add some of the art work to the upcoming Trials of Mana remake. This would make a largely comprehensive compilation even better.
Thanks. I bought this, love mana. yeah, this new game is much better artwork than the secret remake

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Been looking through the Shin Megami Tensei 4 artbook. If y'all like art books and want a meaty one filled with interviews with the artists. Pick that one up it's absolutely filled with it.

TechMetalRules

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 11, 2019
United States
Nope. I tried reaching out to Amazon and Titan a couple days ago but all Amazon said was it would ship the 11th. Well it didn't.

I could of ordered it from Japan and received it by now honestly and the Japanese edition has English text anyway.
I just popped in to see if anyone was having the same issue as me with the Death Stranding book. Glad I'm not the only one, but I bummed and weirded out as to what the problem could be.

Eraser Head

Aug 22, 2019
Oregon
I'm really looking forward to "The Art of Cuphead", I love everything about that game from its art style for its characters and background art to the soundtrack to name a few. The only downside is that it will feature some art from the upcoming DLC, not all of it, since it doesn't have an actual release date yet aside from sometime in 2020. Also hoping it reveals some names for characters that are currently unnamed (such as the four bosses that make up the Phantom Express) or if it confirms the pet names that were given for Baroness Von Bon Bon's subjects by animator Tina Nawrocki.

supafamiman

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a Death Stranding art book with Shinkawa's art on the cover? I thought I read about or saw that somewhere...

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
I pre-ordered the upcoming Guild Wars 2 art book yesterday. I'd say people would specifically enjoy this book even if they're not so invested in the franchise just from the sheer amount of artistic talent that worked on Arena Net for over 20 years now. I'd personally get it if it was just Kotaki's artworks alone lol.

I'll post some of my favorites which I hope will be included in the art book.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Still nothing for the US release of the Death Stranding book. Pretty infuriating to see Titan Books doubling down and telling folks this morning that from "their perspective" the book has been released and to do deal with it.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
I pre-ordered the upcoming Guild Wars 2 art book yesterday. I'd say people would specifically enjoy this book even if they're not so invested in the franchise just from the sheer amount of artistic talent that worked on Arena Net for over 20 years now. I'd personally get it if it was just Kotaki's artworks alone lol.

I'll post some of my favorites which I hope will be included in the art book.
I know nothing about Guild Wars but that art is great.

Jun 18, 2019
Melbourne, Australia
Great thread, glad I stumbled upon it as an avid artbook collector.

Here's a list of my collection:

Full artbooks:
  • Assassin's Creed Unity
  • Assassin's Creed Syndicate
  • Assassin's Creed Origins
  • Assassin's Creed Odyssey
  • Darkwatch
  • Days Gone
  • Dishonored: The Dunwall Archives
  • Dishonored 2
  • The Division
  • Evolve
  • The Evil Within
  • Kingdom Come: Deliverance
  • The Last of Us
  • Mafia 3
  • Quantum Break
  • Remember Me
  • Thief
  • Titanfall
  • Wolfenstein: The New Order
  • Wolfenstein: The New Colossus
Mini Artbooks:
  • Homefront: The Revolution
  • Resident Evil (from RE2 collector's)
  • Syberia 3
  • The Gardens Between
  • Frostpunk
  • Sniper Ghost Warrior 2
  • Days Gone (from press kit)

The prized possession:
  • The Order: 1886 – Blackwater Archives (still sealed too)
Looking forward to following this thread in the future

PersianPrince

Feb 12, 2019
Does anyone here use bookstands when looking through their artbooks? I found this one on Taschen that looks perfect, but a tad bit pricey. I might pull the trigger if I dont find a better one. I like it because it protects the spine of the artbook.

Thoughts on this book stand?

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Amazon sent an update on Death Stranding. ETA is now February 27th or 28th.
It's absolutely ridiculous that Amazon are more communicative about this product than the Kojima Productions customer service team. I've sent them 3 emails about an ETA and they haven't bothered to respond to any of them. KP haven't sent any communication about the book since the middle of January when they provided a tentative release date which has subsequently been missed. They're taking the piss.

OP
OP
UnluckyKate

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
It's absolutely ridiculous that Amazon are more communicative about this product than the Kojima Productions customer service team. I've sent them 3 emails about an ETA and they haven't bothered to respond to any of them. KP haven't sent any communication about the book since the middle of January when they provided a tentative release date which has subsequently been missed. They're taking the piss.

titan officially stated its out in the US... but apparently not at amazon ? It shipped fine in europe even the translated version.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
titan officially stated its out in the US... but apparently not at amazon ? It shipped fine in europe even the translated version.

Yet nobody in the US does seem to have it except for third party sellers on Amazon who are charging more and seemingly it's the UK release. LOL

Anyways yeah Amazon is telling me I'll receive mine Tuesday or Wednesday which doesn't seem concrete if others here are being told later. lol

RandomDazed

Oct 27, 2017
I ordered my copy of the DS art book the day it came out on Amazon UK (no pre-order) and got it the next day, no issues).

I cancelled my pre-order on Forbidden planet as it seems they didn't get stock at all.

MadMod

Dec 4, 2017
My Death Stranding (UK Forbidden Planet) one arrived today! I'll take some pics and upload them this evening. :)

MadMod

Dec 4, 2017
Such a wide book, was a bit of a pain in the arse to shoot haha. But there's a small preview, it's pretty incredible, seems a lot of the environmental stuff didn't make it into the game, maybe cause of the procedural environments etc. :)

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
THE ART OF DEATH STRANDING
IT EXISTS!
Such a wide book, was a bit of a pain in the arse to shoot haha. But there's a small preview, it's pretty incredible, seems a lot of the environmental stuff didn't make it into the game, maybe cause of the procedural environments etc. :)
I generally am not a big fan of landscape format books, but I make exceptions for some things. Days Gone, Death Stranding, Spider-Verse, Dragon's Crown, etc.

Oct 31, 2017
Just got an email from Mana Books and discovered that a prequel manga for Sekiro exists ! :D

Sekiro : Hanbei l'Immortel, 12th March, Shin Yamamoto, 212 pages, 9.65€

N8SnWWGqzXNoncVJN5cBuG4MStsq_XxuUYaFYt2SDlTds4bnkQCoVVJtKcZmd_cx-wECPQP0aGZcngDp7PWMAWPF_LZ6t-uC7OaQqGnW1P-cetMXDlEBLQqaSPpECmDnJqePjH12f8VrcU16CRSR8gupfmXIoQ=s0-d-e1-ft

OP
OP
UnluckyKate

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
I found it really interesting how at first they were going for a very dark and atmospheric horror game, then just settled on the lonely explorer feeling we have in the final designs.

I really felt like they explored horrific designs at first to see how far they could go on some concepts, to have a look and feel of what they were looking for. Like they were frustrated from the Silent Hills fiasco... but had that creative energy and readiness to design some horrors.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
My copy of the Death Stranding artbook finally showed up today. Lovely book. And it miraculously survived Amazon shipping without damage.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
EREjgAFWkAAgaQO

Damn, Future Press is gonna release an Animal Crossing guide. That's amazing.