• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017
39526169721_7600de4e9f_o.gif
We have the skill! We have the supplies! All we need is more time!

Welcome to the new Drawing a day thread! Digital or traditional, everything's good here! Now then, let's get through those 10,000 drawings! From the mind to the page!

*A quick note on NSFW artwork: be a little wary of posting NSFW artwork. I think links are okay for now but that may be subject to change depending on how things go. If you do intend to post something NSFW please denote it as NSFW prior to the link itself.

Now Here is a handy, dandy list art threads:

Art Self Study Thread

The Art Pub Thread

Your Daily Arting Thread

Photo Era Thread

ResetEra Webcomic Creator's Thread

Inktober 2017 Thread

edit: Banner is up, only took my lazy butt three months to finally get around to doing it >.>

Last edited:

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hello everyone! Here's to lots more great drawings!

Here are my two most recent drawings:

tumblr_oyfush77kG1rom6duo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_oyfurtQvJY1rom6duo1_1280.jpg

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
oh great now i can start being guilt tripped for falling off the wagon again
(i'm glad this is back)

C.B.

Oct 26, 2017
England
Hoping to participate more than I did last time around! Still cant promise a sketch a day but I'll be more diligent I promise! Good to see Servbot here with some rad art already <3

Infinite Ukemi

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Really wish I could contribute something else, but my tablet's pen broke on me and I'm still working on my new setup. Anyways I've got this unfinished drawing I was doing for a friend.

model_drawing_illustator3_by_crabfishification-dbrz4bl.png

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Servbot24 You have the most amazing lines! Do they see a lot of cleaning up before they look like that?
Thanks! I do some rough gestures on a separate layer so I know where I want my shapes to be and then draw over that. I try not to do too much clean-up, but if I mess up a line I'll just hit undo and try drawing it again.

Here are a few character portraits I was working on this weekend, plus a couple line drawings to show how they start (this is part of a larger project, will hopefully post the rest next month)

tumblr_oymgq8MEEI1rom6duo1_1280.jpg

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
I did not even see this thread when I made mine actually.. :p .. Maybe we should ask for a thread merge.. hahah

Unless you wanna compete!!!

I think I'll keep my thread as like.. junk or WIP thread and leave this thread for more finished or focused exercise pieces haha.

Last edited:

Nezumi

Oct 25, 2017
Hessen, Germany
I'm gonna watch this thread because I wanted to regularly participate in the other one for ages (tried twice or so but always failed.)
I'm not gonna have any delusions for participating before NaNo is done but after that I think I'll direct more time on practicing drawing/painting.

OP
OP
LegendX48

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017
I did not even see this thread when I made mine actually.. :p .. Maybe we should ask for a thread merge.. hahah

Unless you wanna compete!!!

I think I'll keep my thread as like.. junk or WIP thread and leave this thread for more finished or focused exercise pieces haha.
Man, your op is so much better. That does make me wonder, though, as I don't think we have our own version of the arts and farts thread for finished work. I could probably convert this thread into that one

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
Man, your op is so much better. That does make me wonder, though, as I don't think we have our own version of the arts and farts thread for finished work. I could probably convert this thread into that one
Yeah, that would work!
You can make this the more "gallery" space. My thread encourages wips and meanderings for low commitment people (who are scared of presenting their works as finished) and I already see like.. niiice polished stuff or one shots here!

Don't rename it to arts and farts though. Think of a better name hahahah!

OP
OP
LegendX48

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that would work!
You can make this the more "gallery" space. My thread encourages wips and meanderings for low commitment people (who are scared of presenting their works as finished) and I already see like.. niiice polished stuff or one shots here!

Don't rename it to arts and farts though. Think of a better name hahahah!
.....and Raging Spaniard just made one >.>

well, shoot.

HadesHotgun

Oct 25, 2017
So am I supposed to post sketches somewhere else?

Lemme know and I'll move stuff, but for tonight...

sketch_oct_31_17.jpg

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
.....and Raging Spaniard just made one >.>

well, shoot.
Art-ERA is very disorganized with one another hahahah!

Raging Spaniard , LegendX48 , fluffydelusions , Wulfric

Okay, let's think aboots this. I put this up on my thread now as a directory:

ART-ERA THREAD DIRECTORY:

- The Art Pub (https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-art-pub-show-off-your-work-help-each-other-out.3018 )
Post finished works and encourage feedback and motivation from one another!

- Drawing-a-Day |OT|: From the Mind to the Page ( https://www.resetera.com/threads/artera-drawing-a-day-ot-from-the-mind-to-the-page.967 )
Goal to draw once a day! Ready, steady, go!

- Your Daily Arting Thread - WIPs and Scribbles for all! ( https://www.resetera.com/threads/your-daily-arting-thread-wips-and-scribbles-for-all.2034 )
A WIP and scribbles and sketches thread with no feedback required haha. Low obligation! High satisfaction!

- Inktober 2017 |OT| New ERA, same old ink ( https://www.resetera.com/threads/inktober-2017-ot-new-era-same-old-ink.673 )
Self-explanatory, participate with everyone to try to do daily ink-based art for the month of October!

- PhotoEra ( https://www.resetera.com/threads/photoera-one-photo-per-day.3005 )
Photography thread where you post a photo a day!

- Art of Self-Study |OT| Drawing and Painting 101 ( https://www.resetera.com/threads/art-self-study-ot-drawing-and-painting-101.527 )
Reference, info, and inspo thread for newbies and studious learners alike! This is a duplicate of NeoGAF's DEATH™'sArt Self Study |OT| Putting the Fun in Art Fundamentals

Cross-posting encouraged?

Last edited:

HadesHotgun

Oct 25, 2017
When work is so light you can get away with drawing naked superheroes.

edit: I screwed up the spoiler tag.

NSFW

nov_1_17_sketch.jpg

Graefellsom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
A fairly quick sketch done in procreate.. and then I started incorporating bit of photo-collage and I can't quite decide which direction to go in.. maybe planning on turning it into a screen print if I get to a point where I'm happy..
I think this thread will be good for me, some days I can't get into it so hopefully it will force me to at least try
twoskullfaces.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't drawn in a long time, I've given up for a while(nearly 2 years).
Tried picking up a pencil every now and then but haven't had the will to draw lol.
Time to get back into it, wanted to get into a career in the arts but the dream died.
So I'm rusty af and just sticking to portraits.
Forgive the odd shapes and weird lighting/messiness.
Going to force myself to do daily sketches from now on.

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
Here's the discord server, currently rather bare bones but we can organize some more later.

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

We got an Art Era discord being set up thanks to weemadarthur !
=>
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
Nothing's really there yet, including categories or rules or what have you, but if you wanna join ahead of time and set the tone, you're all welcome to.
It probably needs a volunteer mod eventually, but if no one else does it, I will and increase my subtle influences!
(Yeah I'm copypasting this around to announce it everywhere.)

Last edited:

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It shouldn't have expired, I set it to permanent for now. Will check. And make a couple of mods. But it's not empty-empty. I set up plans. XD

Fancolours

Oct 25, 2017
quick painting for CDC, I put it under spoiler tags because it's slightly nsfw. Theme was burlesque dancer this month
cdc_burlesque_web.jpg

OP
OP
LegendX48

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017
God, it's been a month and I never got around to making that dang banner and the actual drawing I planned to use has been done for several months, just needs color. This Thanksgiving for sure and someone remind me to stop doing Inktober lol

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I'm pretty new to this.

Creating abstract paintings has always been something I wanted to do, and I finally decided to buy all the stuff I need to accomplish that. (Every hobby is expensive, yay)

These were my first tries:
wp_20170702_11_04_07_j6jcw.jpg

Then came this one:
wp_20170703_14_07_55_dqln6.jpg

Those are already a couple of months old.

Recently I had this idea to create something with a meaning. A fight between Light & Darkness, Good & Evil. The observer should decide which side is winning/more prominent. I bought real leaf gold for this one.

Here it is:
img-20171209-wa0001thoxj.jpg

(the structure on the black side can be seen better here: https://abload.de/img/wp_20171209_16_18_02_3co9s.jpg )

This is the first one I chose a name for. It's german: "Die goldene Kluft"
("The Golden Split")

After finishing it, it reminded me of the Rainbow Six Siege splash screen: http://s2.n4g.com/news/1829501_0.jpg

Last edited:

Rydeen

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA.

Thanks, I just got a Wacom Cintiq Companion 2 a few months ago after wanting / needing a tablet for years, and it's been very refreshing to pull off work I've been wanting to do for what feels like decades.

Just got Clip Studio Paint and was playing around with it earlier. So far I love it's ease of use. It works similarly enough to Photoshop, but definitely aimed more at emulating non-digital mediums. It still will take some getting used to the differences in the UI from what I'm used to in PS, but I'm happy with how this little Cyber Ninja sketch turned out. The oil paint emulation is pretty awesome.

DQ6x444XUAAPxU6.jpg:large

Last edited: