• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

heavy liquid

Oct 27, 2017
OfjKvCp.jpg

heavy liquid

Oct 27, 2017
I dunno if anyone even looks here, but I'm going to wrap things up here after 3 months. I tried. There's no sense in me posting here if I'm the only one doing so. At least at the old site the daily drawing thread was in the main section and not hangouts, so it got more participants because there were more viewers. I didn't mean for this thread to become my personal blog.

CheapJi

Apr 24, 2018
I dunno if anyone even looks here, but I'm going to wrap things up here after 3 months. I tried. There's no sense in me posting here if I'm the only one doing so. At least at the old site the daily drawing thread was in the main section and not hangouts, so it got more participants because there were more viewers. I didn't mean for this thread to become my personal blog.
continue posting here please! i just found out about this and your work is amazing.
im not really good at drawing but i do it sometimes (i dont have the time and motivation really). heres what i drew today:
TDLXVtH.jpg

OP
OP
LegendX48

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017
Noooo, don't give up! I'd be posting along with you if not for school >.>

heavy liquid

Oct 27, 2017
continue posting here please! i just found out about this and your work is amazing.
im not really good at drawing but i do it sometimes (i dont have the time and motivation really). heres what i drew today:
TDLXVtH.jpg

Noooo, don't give up! I'd be posting along with you if not for school >.>

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. You should post more, Alirezay! I like the sketch you did. You can always make time if you have the motivation. Even just a 10 minute drawing. But that's what I ran out of.

I was feeling pretty depressed and it's kind of been a vacuum in here. But I just got back from a weeks vacation, so I feel a bit better. I'll try to stick with it a bit longer, and maybe even catch up.

3Ujnc73.jpg

heavy liquid

Oct 27, 2017
just a quick figure today, airdropped it to my ipad and will continue working on a background for her there after work.
2K9xYgs.jpg

heavy liquid

Oct 27, 2017
I've never really drawn cars. Some kids only drew cars growing up, but I was never one of them. I guess it was a combination of not being interested and the perspective and lines needing to be fairly precise. So I guess I'll draw a few for a while in an attempt to get better. Hopefully it will help with some other areas I'm weak in. They're really rough, and I'll have to work on refining the lines when I feel I've nailed down the shapes and perspective.

1967 Toyota 2000GT
bZmeXXb.jpg

1969 Toyota Corona
GpA0Dif.jpg

heavy liquid

Oct 27, 2017
I think cars are difficult in the same way hands and faces are: if it's off just a little then it's immediately noticeable, since everyone sees them all the time and knows exactly what they (should) look like. I'm much more comfortable with hands and faces since I've drawn them so much.

1968 Mustang
03iYCzm.jpg

1973 Datsun 610 Bluebird
fMeAV5H.jpg

heavy liquid

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't have as much time this morning to spend on these this morning, unfortunately, so they're extra sketchy.
Maybe I'll go back and clean them up later. Or not.

1968 Mazda Cosmo Sport
xaX8WIw.jpg

1964 Chevy Corvair (because I love the Science Patrol's car from the 1966 Ultraman series)
2LV3XgQ.jpg

Last edited:

heavy liquid

Oct 27, 2017
My drawing hand was cramping up after grating cheese for an enormous pot of mac and cheese for my parent's Easter party. Two of those huge blocks of cheese from Costco. So my lines aren't as straight as I'd like them, and I could barely get the fine lines and detail in there. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

1971 Lancia 2000
XzARsT0.jpg

1975 Skoda 110
rSMRVgz.jpg

heavy liquid

Oct 27, 2017
Hand is a bit better but cramped up again halfway through. Massaging helps, so I'll do that and try to let it rest today.

1985 Renault Espace
M1qzy3D.jpg

heavy liquid

Oct 27, 2017
My hand is still messed up! The fleshy part of the base of my thumb is really sore, but it helps to massage it. I couldn't get the detail in the Laser and some of the lines are too heavy. The Samurai was better because I left it looser to accommodate my hand not being up to par. Profiles of cars are harder for me than the ones in 3/4 views or perspective. I'll have to focus on them more.

1986 Chrysler Laser
7GsIrtN.jpg

1986 Suzuki Samurai
dUl7qu3.jpg

heavy liquid

Oct 27, 2017
My hand is doing better after the '19 Macaroni Incident. Still cramped up towards the end of each drawing, but it's manageable.

I feel like drawing cars for 2 weeks or however long it's been is paying off, especially compared to my first few drawings.

1981 Chevy Chevette
Z8AAc1t.jpg

1973 AMC Gremlin X
9oIw8al.jpg

heavy liquid

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, motorcycles are waaaay more difficult than cars to draw! Lots of perspective and ellipses to throw everything off. And the engine is a PIA jigsaw puzzle.
I think I was fairly successful, but it'll take some more practice with drawing them to work everything out.

2019 Triumph t100
rxnqNWf.jpg

This was the first modern car I've tried drawing, and it was also very challenging. I think I've only drawn cars from the 60's, 70's and 80's so far, so this skips a few decades. Tons of angles and folds on the front of the car that aren't on any of those earlier cars. Like the Triumph, I wasn't entirely successful, but I think I'll get better at drawing modern cars with more practice.

2017 BMW M2 Coupe
8f4Ts5x.jpg

heavy liquid

Oct 27, 2017
Spent the morning sketching tires, which I think turned out to be a good idea. Wheels are a PIA. I figured out a few things regarding the tread and some other details that I hadn't noticed before.

I may take a break soon from drawing cars, since I've been drawing them for about 3 weeks now.
xD1Tg4B.jpg

Last edited:

heavy liquid

Oct 27, 2017
A break from cars might be nice, might I suggest animals next :P

That's a good suggestion, thanks! I think I'll do that. It'll be a good change of pace to focus on some animal structure and anatomy which I haven't really done before.

In the meantime, someone on another forum suggested drawing some of the cars from Fury Road, which sounds super fun. So I'll probably finish out the week doing a few of those.

heavy liquid

Oct 27, 2017
Okay! These are both still very sketchy/rough, but I think they turned out alright. I spent about 30 min on each one.

The Gigahorse - A deranged amalgamation of two 1959 Cadillac Coupe De Ville's ripped apart and welded back together, the Gigahorse is then mounted onto a truck chassis and powered by two supercharged V8s positioned adjacent to one another.
0zlz8yr.jpg

The Buggy #9, based on the Perentti which, itself, takes cues from the Corvette. Of course there is also a gun strapped to the roof.
BdTNAEb.jpg

heavy liquid

Oct 27, 2017
Someone suggested a jerboa, which I never would have thought of.
The top left is a pygmy jerboa. It looks like others have varying sized ears, which is pretty interesting. Maybe it's age related, but I didn't look it up. I like the ones with the enormous ears.

N2PBMHX.jpg

heavy liquid

Oct 27, 2017
Squid or cuttlefish... why not both?
Some random thoughts while drawing:
-The eyes of cuttlefish are just like Hypnotoad's eyes. Just... like... Hypno... toads...
-It's pretty weird how sea creatures can develop the same style stripes as land animals like tigers.

shm7f1p.jpg

heavy liquid

Oct 27, 2017
Animal randomizer gave me aardvark today, so I of course had to add in a couple of my favorite aardvark characters.

U3iBZ1n.jpg