• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, okay.

RepairmanJack Progression looks like some kind of leaderboard. Now I get to know how bad I truly am!

Everyone keeps assuming MMR or leaderboard, but I don't think that makes sense to me. If it was just some kind of leaderboard, I feel like it could have been put in this update along with the other leaderboard and social aspects. MMR could be true but the whole word on "progression" first came about from people asking to earn cards or stuff while playing. MMR Ladder with possibly just cards as reward would feel weird.

IDK, my thought is something slightly different. Could be completely wrong, but I feel like they're going to try to fix both the issues with whatever they plan for progression.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
All this shit should've been in the game from day 1 tbh.

Agreed. THat beeing said they had several things in day one that other cards games, that have been out for years, still dont have. (tournament, free draft)
And they are adding the things now. I think its vital for Artifacts survival that they get this out before x-mas.

Deleted member 38227

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Everyone keeps assuming MMR or leaderboard, but I don't think that makes sense to me. If it was just some kind of leaderboard, I feel like it could have been put in this update along with the other leaderboard and social aspects. MMR could be true but the whole word on "progression" first came about from people asking to earn cards or stuff while playing. MMR Ladder with possibly just cards as reward would feel weird.

IDK, my thought is something slightly different. Could be completely wrong, but I feel like they're going to try to fix both the issues with whatever they plan for progression.
I just state that because of the picture in the update notes.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
Having quick access to a pauper tournament is fantastic. Just had a blast playing some matches.

I think they should've just kept it officially in beta a bit longer, because stuff like that should've been there for launch. Still if they continue with updates like this the game will shape up great.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Just imagine down the road having open tournaments with more options for restrictions and rule sets and allowing some kind of prizes or trading?

Social Tournaments is an underrated feature. They could also eventually get bigger player caps for big events and stuff.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
It really is strange that the game feels rushed out the door given Valve's reputation for taking their time and delaying things.

I dunno, the way it was talked about before hand and the way Garfield was saying how he wanted stuff to be, I more wonder if they were letting Garfield make some of the early decisions and basically have now turned against that.

Garfield didn't want cosmetics, didn't want ladder, wanted people to play the game because of enjoyment and not because they were just grinding or chasing something.

Some stuff like stats, or communications I really can't understand other than they weren't polished enough before it launched, but for some of the other stuff I really wonder if they were intentional decisions that they eventually went back on?

Deleted member 38227

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Garfield has done online cards games before, but those were in 2012, right? Maybe he just misread how much those things are important to gamers now and, like Repair wrote, Valve is taking back the reins a bit.

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Open pauper tournaments, 2 more Call to Arms decks and online leaderboards are all big improvements. I'm super happy with this update.

Dark aggro is also pretty fun to play, and The Oath is way stronger than I realised.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno, the way it was talked about before hand and the way Garfield was saying how he wanted stuff to be, I more wonder if they were letting Garfield make some of the early decisions and basically have now turned against that.

Garfield didn't want cosmetics, didn't want ladder, wanted people to play the game because of enjoyment and not because they were just grinding or chasing something.

Well that explains why the game feels torn between say MTG and a classic board game.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Saturday Draft FFA tournament
- 1.5 hours win as many games as you can
- play as many/little as you want
- 1 rematch allowed
- spectate enabled

Register deadline/Draft
t1544904000z1.png

End
t1544911200z1.png

oXRq13h.png

ATC_58583_2123332812

https://www.playartifact.com/tournament/?invitekey=6135575613687843213

Last edited:

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Does anyone know if the queues for the three draft modes are separate or combined? So if I play a keeper draft will I go up against casual phantom draft players or only other keepers?

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
All the talk over MTGA made me check out a stream of it, and I don't want it to be some kind of game vs game type of thing, but I feel like the look of that game is really cheap and shitty looking.

The board and and the effects just seem kind of old looking and low quality.

Won

Oct 27, 2017
That update already makes a big difference.

The game feels and looks a lot more complete now.

With the random option and more decks, I actually hope they keep that gauntlet around forever and do other stuff on top of it.

Messy

Oct 25, 2017
Joined the tournament, haven't posted in here before but been enjoying the game a lot since launch!

Deleted member 38227

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
So, I'm a bit busier today than expected. I'll still play in the tourney as I voted for the time, but I'll probably only be able to play one round.

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Network errors while drafting :D

I might need to give it a miss if this keeps up, don't want to be disconnecting on people.

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yo am I still in? My internet seems fine now, but I don't seem to be part of the group any more, and it won't accept my registration.

EDIT: Apparently I was kicked. RIP me. Probably best just in case network issues come back I suppose.

Here was my deck if anyone's interested. It had potential but was a bit all over the place:

https://www.playartifact.com/d/ADCJQAAJLkCGwxIg7hdAmzdAQYCGEFKBQcYAwEBDEEXDgMSFiIBDuEBBBooAQM_
Sorry, I wish we could leave it open for peopel to join, but you have to all start/draft at the same time.

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, I wish we could leave it open for peopel to join, but you have to all start/draft at the same time.
Of course. I don't expect anyone to wait.

If I wasn't kicked manually, I must have missed the deadline by a couple of minutes at most. Annoying when I couldn't draft at all for a bit due to internet.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The final match was a Pillow vs Rock

Pillow Wins the Mango 3 FFA Constructed with a 6-0-1 record.
Rock came in a very close second going 5-1-1.
Messy also very good with a 5-0-1 record

Randdalf

Oct 28, 2017
Really enjoyed that, although I drafted a deck most certainly not considered sound (OD and Meepo). I won my first game, and was close in a few others, but it never felt like I had the edge.

Deleted member 38227

Banned
Jan 12, 2018

So we draft together, not globally?

The final match was a Pillow vs Rock

Pillow Wins the Mango 3 FFA Constructed with a 6-0-1 record.
Rock came in a very close second going 5-1-1.
Messy also very good with a 5-0-1 record

Congrats, Pillow. And good games tropoFarmer. Even though I lost my two matches, it was great fun and I cannot wait for the next one.

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So we draft together, not globally?

Congrats, Pillow. And good games tropoFarmer. Even though I lost my two matches, it was great fun and I cannot wait for the next one.
Yeah, although I'm not 100% sure how long the time is. I finished my draft around 17-18 minutes and the registration around 25 minutes after the start time and it was too late, so maybe 20 minutes total or 15 for draft?

Last edited:

Deleted member 38227

Banned
Jan 12, 2018

Deleted member 38227

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Including registration or draft only? I edited my post to be more accurate.

15m for draft only would make sense, in which case I missed it by 3 minutes or so, while having about 5 minutes of connecting to artifact servers, lol.
Weirdly enough, I was getting disconnects every few seconds during my second game. No problems during the first. I have never gotten disconnects before.