• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Oh my god. A game was just won by Aphotic Shield. Holy shit.

266px-Aphotic_Shield_card_image.png

Won

Oct 27, 2017
Looked like not even Maggo expected it to play out like that.

I guess that can happen if no one plays your game. No one actually knows how the mechanics work. :D

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Looked like not even Maggo expected it to play out like that.

I guess that can happen if no one plays your game. No one actually knows how the mechanics work. :D

He was probably just thinking about the damage and not about the death at all. He was just trying to not tie basically. Health just didn't come into the thinking at all.

I know you're joking, I can just see why him dying didn't even come to mind.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
The amazing top deck lmao

It's like Valve is watching the tournament and saying "Let's make it as interesting as possible and skew the RNG"

AvernOffset

May 6, 2018
Oof, the commentary on that second match was painful to listen to.

Lumi going off without any card draw in hand was ridiculously risky, and the moment he played the second Selemene, Swim basically just won. The casters freaking out like Lumi had won when they could see the annihilations in Swim's hand was bizarre. Also, OD is a quality meme.

Third match was crazy though. Both players went off really hard there. Lumi only running 2 annihilations was devastating.

DiscoShark

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The highlight of this entire tournament for me has been Slacks spilling his coke. Literally in tears during that entire segment.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
WOW THE LUMI SWIM GAMES

That clutch top deck Annihilation that didn't change anything!

I feel like it came down to that second match and Swim outplayed him overall

Also JJ got absolutely stomped

This really is a great tournament. It shows that with a professional setup that the commentary can be great, matches are exciting and decks are varied (although obviously red green is #1).

I'm loving that there's so many different tech heroes too. In Green decks alongside Treant we're seeing Drow, Lycan, Abaddon, Dark Seer and Omni. I'm glad that the game is balanced enough that we aren't seeing the exact same builds from everyone.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
WOW THE LUMI SWIM GAMES

That clutch top deck Annihilation that didn't change anything!

I feel like it came down to that second match and Swim outplayed him overall

Also JJ got absolutely stomped

This really is a great tournament. It shows that with a professional setup that the commentary can be great, matches are exciting and decks are varied (although obviously red green is #1).

I'm loving that there's so many different tech heroes too. In Green decks alongside Treant we're seeing Drow, Lycan, Abaddon, Dark Seer and Omni. I'm glad that the game is balanced enough that we aren't seeing the exact same builds from everyone.

An expansion adding some variety to the top heroes of Red and Blue could make shit really interesting. Or at least some cards with synergies with other heroes to make them more viable.

I'm loving the variety, but I can only wonder how varied it can eventually get.

Deleted member 28523

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Been watching some of the tournament here and there. as annoying as monoblue can be and annihilation is super annoying it does make it interesting for the other player to have to play for all 3 lanes.

Also I'm thinking of just biting the bullet and spending 20 dollars to grab a bunch of cards I don't have yet. Maybe I'll wait until next week's update.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Petrify looks so unprofessional with all of these salty clapping

He got screwed on the second game, but I agree with Slacks on the second one. Ramp is the most common decks played and he left no answer for it in the deck he was playing and didn't play with his other deck that was an answer for it.

First game he was kind of screwed on, but the second game went exactly how it would any other time. It's who gets the ramp first.

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Super impressed by Maggo

EDIT:

As much as I'm enjoying this tournament. This EGB gambling shit is really starting to grind on me. We get enough exploitative gambling ads in real sports.

Damnn. Swim actually getting value from OD.

15k viewers! So many chat spammers though....

Last edited:

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, up to 16k viewers. WePlay single handedly trying to bring Artifact some more relevance.

Oh god, the Coup discard!!

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Twitch chat mad about a tie lol

Maggo chose to not try to go for the ancient. He had a deployment, a blink on PA, and creeps to play. He could have tried for the win but he played for the tie.

I don't think I could be any more satisfied than seeing this game won by Maggo with Loadstone.

Won

Oct 27, 2017
If he coups and loses the Loadstone I'm gonna uninstall Artifact.

Edit: Bye Artifact.

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maggo wins!

Lodestone never had the chance to do much, but amazing that a guy running it actually won the tournament lol.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
The subdued reactions from both players had me thinking it was going to a game 3 for BO5 or something. No reactions at all.