• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tim

Oct 25, 2017
Any mechanical changes were going to require a rework of set one, so it's hard to visualize how the new version will play. Sounds like basically a whole new game. Honestly, given how much Valve has bungled Underlords, I'm not sure how much faith I have in them to pull a rework off.

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
Really hope they barely touch the gameplay. Only two complains I had: one was the long ass games and second was the lack of variety which would be solved with expansions.

Artifact problems lie elsewhere. First thing they can't give indiscriminate access to 2.0 to streamers. Them saying it's the "best game ever", " too complicated" etc..., besides them molding the meta from the start, that was way more significant than it might seem. Everyone remember Axe's price?

Anyway, hope they can bring it back. This game deserves a second life.

theMrCravens

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't they need to "reboot" and reset all progress (with a new progression system) for this to have any chance of getting picked up by the masses ?

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Wouldn't they need to "reboot" and reset all progress (with a new progression system) for this to have any chance of getting picked up by the masses ?

They'd basically be making the first progression for the game really. The one in it was just a bandaid trying to stave off the leak of players. It's so thrown together you can't even select older player portraits and stuff. It's just kind of there.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I was burned badly, but the changes sound very interesting.

I am having a blast with LoR, but if they can differentiate this by being a mobile board game and not a PC CCG I will be back to try it again.

I just better start with an absolute monster package though - I own almost every card and was in beta/day one, so I expect a similarly near-complete collection + exclusive cosmetics for the 1.0.

I maintain what killed Artifact was this thread's title

yep, maybe the worst i've seen on the site history

Last edited:

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
I was burned badly, but the changes sound very interesting.

I am having a blast with LoR, but if they can differentiate this by being a mobile board game and not a PC CCG I will be back to try it again.

I just better start with an absolute monster package though - I own almost every card and was in beta/day one, so I expect a similarly near-complete collection + exclusive cosmetics for the 1.0.

yep, maybe the worst i've seen on the site history

I wish I was liking LoR more. I'm liking it enough to play, but really not liking the spell system as a whole. Reminds me of times in Artifact of waiting out your opponent to spend their mana or winning out but getting hit with a damoclise, except instead of damicles it can happen multiple ways. I leave every session of playing just annoyed more than anything.

Love the art, effects and overall presentation though. I've come around a ton on those.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I wish I was liking LoR more. I'm liking it enough to play, but really not liking the spell system as a whole. Reminds me of times in Artifact of waiting out your opponent to spend their mana or winning out but getting hit with a damoclise, except instead of damicles it can happen multiple ways. I leave every session of playing just annoyed more than anything.

Love the art, effects and overall presentation though. I've come around a ton on those.

I actually feel the opposite - the level of interactivity there is the perfect modernized, streamlined MtG spell system. Spell Mana is also a pretty genius system that pays real dividends in deckbuilding as curving out is a lot less vital.

I hope Artifact 2.0 can recapture and focus on the feeling of managing a MOBA battlefield, because I think while LoR has nailed teamfight skirmishes beautifully I do miss that board game vibe.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
I actually feel the opposite - the level of interactivity there is the perfect modernized, streamlined MtG spell system. Spell Mana is also a pretty genius system that pays real dividends in deckbuilding as curving out is a lot less vital.

I hope Artifact 2.0 can recapture and focus on the feeling of managing a MOBA battlefield, because I think while LoR has nailed teamfight skirmishes beautifully I do miss that board game vibe.

I think maybe my issue isn't so much the system but the abundance of tide turning cards. The abundance with how the system is just seems frustrating a lot of the time. It becomes more a battle of spells than about your deck overall.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
ALIVE GAME

n8wm7u2lccg41.png

www.youtube.com

Steam Events & Announcements

This video walks through the Steam Events & Announcements tools available for game developers to communicate with players about the activities, updates, and ...

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
i love it, and in a perfect world it sits next to a f2p artifact app that is also successful but wholly unique

i mean, i say stop taking influence from magic and go full netrunner asynch

or marvel champions co-op

be bold valve

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
i mean the base game is already bold, tbh

plus it has better art than anything league has ever put out, which is a HUGE fuckin bonus

second best card game in existence after ashes: rise of the phoenixborn

don't @ me cause if you disagree you're wrong

MORE GOOD NEWS

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
steamcommunity.com

Steam :: Artifact Classic :: Under Construction

First off, we wanted to say thanks for all of your tweets, emails and posts. The continued interest in Artifact has been encouraging, and we sincerely appreciate all of the feedback! You might notice some changes soon – we are starting tests on our systems and infrastructure. This shouldn’t...

i mean the base game is already bold, tbh

plus it has better art than anything league has ever put out, which is a HUGE fuckin bonus

second best card game in existence after ashes: rise of the phoenixborn

don't @ me cause if you disagree you're wrong
the dota art across all of it's games and spinoffs has always been some of the best in the business

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
steamcommunity.com

Steam :: Artifact Classic :: Under Construction

First off, we wanted to say thanks for all of your tweets, emails and posts. The continued interest in Artifact has been encouraging, and we sincerely appreciate all of the feedback! You might notice some changes soon – we are starting tests on our systems and infrastructure. This shouldn’t...

the dota art across all of it's games and spinoffs has always been some of the best in the business
yup, shit's goddamn beautiful (let's pretend some of the more... eccentric cosmetics don't exist), and it's EXTREMELY impressive, considering the influences for all the characters are so obviously all over the place

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
ALIVE GAEM BOIS

Let hope at least this time this frigginh card game wont melt my old pc for just playing

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
Finally this thread doesn't disappoint me! Let's go! Kinda scared since Dota Underlords has proven to be worse than in the early beta.

Won

Oct 27, 2017
Let's see what they got.

Runeterra feels like it gets worse with every patch, so I'm ready even for Valve shenanigans again.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
Finally this thread doesn't disappoint me! Let's go! Kinda scared since Dota Underlords has proven to be worse than in the early beta.
What you mean by this.

I don't like the genre at all, but it's only gotten more interesting to me. Mostly because of the single-player stuff, granted, but I really like the concept of "an underlord".

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
Thread title change = best thing to come out of this news. :p

Looking forward to 2.0, and hoping it'll be soon. I'm still toying with my Black/Green deck (switched out Sorla for Lich), but there's not much point doing that too much with 2.0 on the actual horizon.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thread title change = best thing to come out of this news. :p

Looking forward to 2.0, and hoping it'll be soon. I'm still toying with my Black/Green deck (switched out Sorla for Lich), but there's not much point doing that too much with 2.0 on the actual horizon.
We'll revert back to the original after the update 😜

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
What you mean by this.

I don't like the genre at all, but it's only gotten more interesting to me. Mostly because of the single-player stuff, granted, but I really like the concept of "an underlord".
Single player content in a competitive game like this is secondary for me. It's good but it doesn't influence how I play the game all that much.

The underlord concept at this point is an extra unit and nothing more. They settled after the confusing mess they were when first introduced.
My main concern is, I had a lot more fun playing it before and it's not about being "tired" of it. The constant changes to gameplay impoverish the experience to me.

Artifact besides the long games and arrows RNG, is an amazing card game. I don't want them to touch the core gameplay much, they must tackle everything around first and foremost.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
Can the auto chess genre really be called a competitive game when it's entirely RNG??

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
auto chess is barely a game at all
Basically how I feel and why the single player stuff intrigues me so much. I think putting these mechanics into a deterministic puzzle context opens it up a LOT. I also believe that if they fully embraced that, even if it meant going entirely into a spinoff game, they could make it more interactive in really compelling ways.

I admit I'm also bitter because I LOVE everything they're doing with the setting of Whitespire within the world of Dota, but... the game is so boring to me that I just... can't enjoy the vast majority of my time with it.