• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Just got matched against the same guy twice. I can totally get why people get frustrated with this game now - it was a board wipe deck centred around slowly hitting towers until 10 mana is reached, and then Bolt of Damocles to kill 2 towers. Every other round had at least one lane wiped of everything. So bloody boring. :/

So....monoblue.

Could have possibly not been the same person, that's just sort of the meta right now.

Though it also could have been the same person. Happens more in Keepers Draft, and happens occasionally in other playlists as well.

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All monoblue decks are board wipe oriented. Their entire gameplan is pretty much draw cards, get initiative then wipe the board, and then win the game with Bolt if they haven't already done it with prey on the weak/dportal or ridiculous amounts of mana recycling.

And yeah, it's definitely possible to play against the same player twice now. The number of people queuing really isn't all that high.

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
Did a constructed gauntlet, went 3-2 both my losses against Monoblue. The second loss I didn't even get to play starting with turn 6, my opponent just killed everything and always got initiative while having his hand full of cards. Fun...

No more artifact for me today.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
100 hour in and I just learned disarm still made hero can cast, cost me a lethal.. so salty

I just found out last night that pierce also applies to cleave. For some reason I thought they would be seperate like the cleave damage would be separate from the regular damage and pierce. Lotta good Ursa's Enrage does...

just got my monoblue stomped by a red/green ramp

i gotta try that deck, seemed very fun

I really want to try a blue/green ramp deck. Tree/Ench with Prellex/Veno and keep buffing the creeps and keeping them alive. Not sure how viable it is though.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Anyone up for an in house draft tourney? I want to help keep the game alive as im very much enjoying it

I was playing in a group of three friends and we couldn't figure out how to set up a draft tournament that we could all join together.

In fact, we couldn't figure out how to set up any tournament where we could get another player from the general pool. How is it done?

DisturbedSwan

Oct 25, 2017
Hampshire, UK.
Been playing a little bit of all the modes. Probably put the most time into Constructed and Draft though, the latter I really couldn't seem to put a good draft together for, I went on a huge winless run until making a Blue/Green deck a few nights back that got me my first win. I subsequently bought all the cards for that deck I didn't have for £1 or so and have entered it into the mix with my other two main decks.

One of my other main decks is a Red/Green Deck which I constructed as my first deck very early on with the game and have got most of my wins from and another is a Red/Black deck that I saw was successful on one of the Discord servers and copied - although aside from one or two wins I haven't had much success with it myself.

I'm slightly embarrassed to note that I until a few days ago I didn't realise the 'Call to Arms' event matches were against other real folks and assumed it was just Bot matches (which personally doesn't interest me at all) and gave it a hard pass but I finally decided to give it a go and have had a lot of fun trying out all the different decks on offer.

Had quite a few wins from the monoblue deck on 'Call of Arms' which I've really enjoyed, one came on the very last hand on the very last round which felt absolutely incredible to pull off.

This is such an incredible game though. Not played a CCG before so I've nothing to compare it to but it is easily my GOTY. Tactical, tense, thoughtful and utterly engrossing. When the wins come they are utterly exhilarating and make you feel on cloud 9 but when you lose in a very close game you feel utterly crestfallen.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
i played dota for 40 hours

don't remember a thing about it except it was like a confusing league of legends without the memorable characters or appealing art style

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
just played against... 4x multicast in a row

fml

e: they drew 5 ignites good lord that game went for like 40 minutes and I lost :(

Last edited:

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I got into LoL earlier this year though and had an absolute blast, still play it occasionally.
In the last four days? Damn

e: yeaaaaaaaaaaaah baby don't leave the Red Mist unchecked

untitledg0erz.png

Last edited:

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
That's two matches I've won in the past 24 hours entirely down to Dark Seer's ability. First one lasted to turn 15 - I nearly lost it in turn 5, but I flipped a Blue Hero into the middle lane to try and not die embarrassingly quickly, and just chipped away at two of their towers. The second I just won after flipping an Emmisary of the Quorum into the third lane where a n enemy creep and 4 of my units were. Luna finished off the creep, and the +2 across all 5 units gave me the 30 damage needed to finish off their second tower. Just.

ff

is all they wrote. :p

I genuinely think Dark Seer is underestimated. I rarely see opponents play him, and when I do they never use his ability.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I genuinely think Dark Seer is underestimated. I rarely see opponents play him, and when I do they never use his ability.
He's fine, but in constructed you're almost certainly running Blink Daggers or similar so lane movement isn't as important plus he's required to be in the lane so he's not great for last minute shifting like a TP scroll. He also has an average hero card in a pool of extremely good 4 cost green cards.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
He's fine, but in constructed you're almost certainly running Blink Daggers or similar so lane movement isn't as important plus he's required to be in the lane so he's not great for last minute shifting like a TP scroll. He also has an average hero card in a pool of extremely good 4 cost green cards.

Yeah his Sig card really isn't great, but I think the fact that he's required to be in the lane isn't the worst. If he's in a lane that's mostly won, then casting a creep using his lane's mana pool to then kick the creep into a different lane is a neat trick, I think.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Yeah his Sig card really isn't great, but I think the fact that he's required to be in the lane isn't the worst. If he's in a lane that's mostly won, then casting a creep using his lane's mana pool to then kick the creep into a different lane is a neat trick, I think.
Yeah but if he's in a lane that's mostly won he probably wants to get out of the lane himself and start taking the second one. I did play a couple of green games with DS now specifically to play with Surge, I did throw over two big creeps into a lane but after a point I just let him die because I needed him in contested lanes more.

It's not so much that DS is bad, just hard to justify playing him when other cards do lane movement better and Green already has 5+ better heroes.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
It's not so much that DS is bad, just hard to justify playing him when other cards do lane movement better and Green already has 5+ better heroes.

Yeah, I'm keeping him in because Surge amuses me, but I think I'll have to switch him out at some point in the (kinda near?) future, just to improve my deck.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
Wow, so in draft when a player drafts multiple meepos, they're all interconnected.
I somehow thought they'd be treated as two different batches of meepos.

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The problem with it working that way, is that when the Meepo summoning card is used, you would have no idea what Meepo it is attached to.

Makes more sense they would all be effected IMO. It also fits the effect description more "other allied Meepos in every lane also die".

Amibguous Cad

Oct 25, 2017
That's two matches I've won in the past 24 hours entirely down to Dark Seer's ability. First one lasted to turn 15 - I nearly lost it in turn 5, but I flipped a Blue Hero into the middle lane to try and not die embarrassingly quickly, and just chipped away at two of their towers. The second I just won after flipping an Emmisary of the Quorum into the third lane where a n enemy creep and 4 of my units were. Luna finished off the creep, and the +2 across all 5 units gave me the 30 damage needed to finish off their second tower. Just.

ff

is all they wrote. :p

I think he's underrated in draft because he's not so good in constructed, where you're probably running blink daggers anyway.

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, if you don't draw mobility in draft then Dark Seer can come in handy. Otherwise he isn't that useful unless you have a huge thunderhide or something in a lane you've already won.

EDIT:

I just noticed that your profile picture cannot be changed to one earned in a previous tier. That seems like an annoying oversight.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I just played the intro and there were two things that stuck out to me.

One: The rules are dense. They throw so many new keywords and concepts at you in the very first game. I still don't quite understand how the arrows distributed to lanes work. There's a clear depth and I like that, but this tutorial really should have eased me in better. I alsothink the number of moving parts is excessive; for example, I don't get why there are two different win conditions, with one (destroying two towers) being so much easier to accomplish than the other (destroy one tower and the ancient).

Second: I don't play DOTA2 and so I'm not familiar with the source material, but Artifact's flavor is dull. The setting is generic and lacks any sort of hook. Maybe I'll get attached to some of the heroes, but none of them so far have grabbed me. And UI elements like the little furry pixies and the "shop" feel like something from a mobile game.

I'm not sure if I want to refund the game or not though. It's fascinating just how unique it is, and I think the complexity will become less of an issue if I keep playing.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
I just played the intro and there were two things that stuck out to me.

One: The rules are dense. They throw so many new keywords and concepts at you in the very first game. I still don't quite understand how the arrows distributed to lanes work. There's a clear depth and I like that, but this tutorial really should have eased me in better. I alsothink the number of moving parts is excessive; for example, I don't get why there are two different win conditions, with one (destroying two towers) being so much easier to accomplish than the other (destroy one tower and the ancient).

This is where more complexity comes in: sometimes it's actually easier to destroy one tower and the ancient, especially if your opponent makes a strong play against you in both of their remaining lanes. I literally just won a game against someone where I had to change my strategy mid-game, and focus on the tower I'd already destroyed. There's a lot of cards that ramp up damage on existing units, and other cards generate units (like Red Mist in the post up the page). The two different win conditions lends the game more depth, though it is hard to get a handle on when you should focus on what. :)

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I'm upset, I threw two games in prize constructed. The first one would have been a draw if I just BoD first, but I decided to heal for some reason and he used Enough Magic. Second game I was just tilted and kept making mistakes even though I could have won.

:(

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I'm upset, I threw two games in prize constructed. The first one would have been a draw if I just BoD first, but I decided to heal for some reason and he used Enough Magic. Second game I was just tilted and kept making mistakes even though I could have won.

:(
Enough Magic is such a great card. Not broken, but a properly timed or predicted one can be a thing of beauty.