• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Why does it take so long for the game to deploy everything and draw cards?
So players have time to process the information. If the deploy was instant, players would have to go and check each lane at the start of the turn anyway. Either way 10 seconds of time is needed.

The game also only shows you the normal speed draw animation for two cards, if you draw any more it's just added to your hand more or less instantly.

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
Been playing this home-brewed Green deck. After 30 games my win rate is 66.66%. Five of my losses were against Mono Blue and I build this deck to have a fighting chance against them...
Never improved this deck, so there's still a lot of potential. Like it's items are crap. Seems like a pretty strong deck once optimized in a meta where Mono Blue is scarce.

My strategy was to check the lane situation initially and usually focus on 2 lanes. Later Dark Seer usually goes to the lane I care less about, to move minions to more advantageous spots. Intimidation and Mist are the MVPs of this deck. Rampaging Hellbear and Stayr Duelist are silently very dangerous minions if not killed quickly.

List if anyone's interested:
https://www.playartifact.com/d/ADCJXoMPrgCUgQUjKC7AhCPgmQBRo6XTgSBF0c6ATABoAFHcmVlbiBNaW5pb24_

Next I'm going to build a deck around Storm Spirit, doesn't anyone know if he's hero card can move heroes to avoid minions? Like is it a free x damage to tower?

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Been playing this home-brewed Green deck. After 30 games my win rate is 66.66%. Five of my losses were against Mono Blue and I build this deck to have a fighting chance against them...
Never improved this deck, so there's still a lot of potential. Like it's items are crap. Seems like a pretty strong deck once optimized in a meta where Mono Blue is scarce.

My strategy was to check the lane situation initially and usually focus on 2 lanes. Later Dark Seer usually goes to the lane I care less about, to move minions to more advantageous spots. Intimidation and Mist are the MVPs of this deck. Rampaging Hellbear and Stayr Duelist are silently very dangerous minions if not killed quickly.

List if anyone's interested:
https://www.playartifact.com/d/ADCJXoMPrgCUgQUjKC7AhCPgmQBRo6XTgSBF0c6ATABoAFHcmVlbiBNaW5pb24_

Next I'm going to build a deck around Storm Spirit, doesn't anyone know if he's hero card can move heroes to avoid minions? Like is it a free x damage to tower?

I think Storm Spirit may be the one hero in the game I haven't used. Not out of choice really, I've just never seemed to come across him. I think I've only ever played against him a few times too.

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
I think Storm Spirit may be the one hero in the game I haven't used. Not out of choice really, I've just never seemed to come across him. I think I've only ever played against him a few times too
Me neither. Guess I have to do a few test runs first, his ability in theory should be amazing in an aggro deck but he's super squishy.

Edit: Two matches, two wins. Very fast wins, Storm Spirit seems kinda broken in a mono black aggro deck. I shall gather more data. Also got Time of Triumph and Incarnation of Selemene in my level up packs.

Last edited:

Lunaray

Oct 27, 2017
It's nice to run in the background - but I turn it off between games
Yeah, it's been really fun so far. Blowouts from unknowns and lots of deck variety. I'm also muting it between games though. I'm not sure if the commentary is bad, or if I've just been spoiled by Swim.

I agree. Slacks as a commentator is a bit too much.

The amount of misinformation is baffling

A lot of the blame is on Valve for having terrible communication/messaging though. And you can't expect word of mouth to work when there's a significant base of uninformed people actively working against you.

Yes. I think I'm just going to bail on these threads. It's just a lot of misinformed manchildren who are rooting for the game to fail because they think Valve somehow "abandoned" them and owes them something.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
I just played a game of draft where both me and my opponent didn't have a win condition or any real end game. It was basically blocking each other over and over again. I ended up just giving up and abandoning the draft...

Won

Oct 27, 2017
Well, tried Petrify's Artillery deck. Did terrible with it. Only won one game. :D

Back to red.

The group with Hyped in the WePlay tournament was pretty interesting to watch. R/G ramp inconsistent as usual. I wonder if some players drop it after the group stage.

Tim

Oct 25, 2017
So players have time to process the information. If the deploy was instant, players would have to go and check each lane at the start of the turn anyway. Either way 10 seconds of time is needed.

The game also only shows you the normal speed draw animation for two cards, if you draw any more it's just added to your hand more or less instantly.
The thing is, it doesn't give you time to process. It shows the units being shuffled and then immediately zooms in. THEN it draws the cards. It's real dumb.

It should be:

- Draw your cards while zoomed out.
- Distribute the units.
- Give a few seconds to process before zooming in.

AvernOffset

May 6, 2018
The thing is, it doesn't give you time to process. It shows the units being shuffled and then immediately zooms in. THEN it draws the cards. It's real dumb.

It should be:

- Distribute the units.

This is a great idea. Everyone just immediately zooms out to check what's going on anyways, so they may as well just bake it into the game.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017

It should be:

- Distribute the units.

Honestly, I just want the forced camera off completely. I hate trying to zoom out while getting cards. I would play a lot of the game just zoomed out if I could.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, I had him in my Black deck initially, using his Signature to move himself out of the way of minions for free Tower damage, but he is super squishy. Bear in mind card placement rules still govern his card's movement, so if there's an empty space in front of an enemy, it has to go there. His Passive is pretty good, too, but it benefits from him being in Lane 3, which isn't always doable.

Last edited:

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I watched the Lifecoach and Swim games, Lifecoach trying to play from Thailand obviously wasn't working well for him.

Slacks wasn't too bad as a caster, that room needed some energy although him purposely recommending bad plays probably wouldn't have been good for first time viewers.

Also no update today?

DiscoShark

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Been following Swim since Gwent days, really loving his Artifact content as well. I love him as a commentator but I'm happy that the dude is showing hes got the chops to compete as well.

AvernOffset

May 6, 2018
Anyone with the cards for it, try out that MonoU + Rix deck VinKelsier brought to the tournament. It's hilarious and a ton of fun. I just wrapped up a game where I ended up playing all 3 dinos into the same lane. It was amazing. The deck feels more consistent than I would have thought, though I suspect I'll get bodied if I run into any good payday decks. Blue heroes feed hard enough without Rix adding to the mess.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Anyone with the cards for it, try out that MonoU + Rix deck VinKelsier brought to the tournament. It's hilarious and a ton of fun. I just wrapped up a game where I ended up playing all 3 dinos into the same lane. It was amazing. The deck feels more consistent than I would have thought, though I suspect I'll get bodied if I run into any good payday decks. Blue heroes feed hard enough without Rix adding to the mess.
alright I'm watching the matches with deck, that looks crazy

first match up had a turn 2 Time of Trial ahhhhhhhh

DiscoShark

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

I was playing a jank variation of this with packs instead of alphas after Swim was talking about the decks in tournament and I came away really pleasantly surprised, shot up like 3 constructed ranks (I was like rank 4) in no time at all. Very different way of playing Artifact and I love that Rix makes for the core of the strategy. Super fun.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017

It should be:

- Distribute the units.
Wow I really love this idea! Heh.

It's time for me to stay out of other Artifact threads. I'm getting too spicy and annoyed at people for what SEEMS like intentionally ignoring corrections. GOSH.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it's what happens in Steam/Valve threads all the time, so not surprising it's happening in Artifact threads.
You're not wrong, sadly. Still, I should be used to it and used to letting it slide without starting shit. C'est la vie.

In the meantime, GOD I really wish Valve would say something, anything!! !

Deleted member 9100

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I sold all my cards a few days ago, but prior to that I had started a constructed gauntlet with my deck.

Went into the game today to do a phantom draft and was surprised to see I could still play all the games in my constructed gauntlet despite not owning any of those cards anymore.

Finishing that gauntlet and playing against two mono blue decks reminded me why I sold all my cards in the first place.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017

I was confused for a minute. Canadian money I'm guessing? I was thinking wasn't he already down to 4 something? Now he's down to $3.80.

At this point I'm basically just waiting for some kind of update and then I'll probably just buy the rest of the cards to finish my collection.

Right now it'd be something like $40, I just don't play enough constructed to care.

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can I just say, the WePlay tournament (at least what I've seen of it) has been great to watch?

All this talk about how Artifact isn't stream friendly, but this tournament seems to be showing that it can still work.

Tim

Oct 25, 2017
Can I just say, the WePlay tournament (at least what I've seen of it) has been great to watch?

All this talk about how Artifact isn't stream friendly, but this tournament seems to be showing that it can still work.
Yep. Also encouraging seeing people use a wide variety of decks.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017

It's gotten me to actually even consider playing Constructed, so it's been great for that.

It makes me more excited for expansions though.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
lol. Just won a game because I played a Treubuchet on Mana round 7 Lane 1. Got the opponent down to two health on their Tower, so Mana 8 started, and Trebuchet kicked off, dealt the death blow, and won the game. There's even XP for it: "Didn't Lift a Finger - Win during the spellcasting phase of the round".

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Eh, I'd say there's probably a decent amount there for the Sun/Slacks nonsense.

I was not a fan of Slacks when Artifact was just coming around and being revealed, but over time I've really grown to appreciate his craziness.

Messy

Oct 25, 2017
Had some really bad draft runs lately. Think I'll shelve the game until a new patch hits (if it ever does)

On the upside, the Weplay tournament was really entertaining and made me more interested in constructed.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I love the emotes in this game.

WHERE'S A REAL CHALLENGE?
I'M GOING TO PUNCH YOUR FACE IN!
PATHETIC!

Messy

Oct 25, 2017
Have to say I was worried the emotes would be used in a toxic way a lot but my overall experience has been pretty nice. Mostly only see people use voicelines to signal their own misplays.

Hybris

Oct 25, 2017
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Had some really bad draft runs lately. Think I'll shelve the game until a new patch hits (if it ever does)

On the upside, the Weplay tournament was really entertaining and made me more interested in constructed.
I have too actually. I'm trying to pinpoint where my drafting process has started to fail. I think I'm placing too much hope in blue. Also almost all my decks have been 3 color lately, not sure how much that is hurting me. There's also the possibility that I'm just playing it poorly. I often know the point in the game where I made a big mistake and it's usually in my hero placements in the mid game.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Card draw looks almost like it's broken it's so fast lol

Feel like it needs a new animation rather than just speed up the one there was.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Some of these animations are too fast now lol

Hopefully it's a stop gap until they change it to something that's just as fast but looks a little cleaner

Won

Oct 27, 2017
Gave it a quick spin.

Feels weird. Never had a problem with the animations. Always felt quite right to me, so it's a downgrade for me. But I will get used to it.

Whatever makes people happy I guess.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Some of these animations are too fast now lol

Hopefully it's a stop gap until they change it to something that's just as fast but looks a little cleaner

It has to be some kind of stop gap, the imps look weird and it just seems broken with how fast it is.

Gotta be a new animation coming. Since other things are getting new animations.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
Switched over to a 60 card Blue/Black deck. Won a couple of games by laying down a creep with a clear shot at the Tower, then Phase Boots on a Hero, then activating Phase Boots to switch them and have my Hero take the creep's place. Echo Slam has also turned a couple of games in my favour, too - dealing with Creep swarm as a Black deck was impossible, but with Echo Slam? It's all good.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
hoooooo boy even with the new animations I just had a 32 minute game. I was playing aggro too, but they had Stonehall Plates, Cloaks and 3x Allseeing One's Favor in one lane and annihilated the others

I got down to 15 cards in my deck with PA and WW and no Coup or Winters drawn at all too

Still won but it was hell

e: also I've got to try and remember not to check this thread in the morning because I'm excited to watch the WePlay matches unspoiled

Last edited:

Won

Oct 27, 2017
Only one Mono Blue deck in the playoffs of the WePlay tournament and it comes with Outworld Devourer.

I guess that's that. Ramp is king for good now.

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really don't get what MieGod was thinking with that Blink followed by single hero TOT play.

As far as I can see, you play the TOT before the blink, or you save TOT for the next round when your heroes drop.

EDIT:

Good lord that self-smash into double stars emissary.

Last edited: