• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man I haven't played this in forever. I was on Twitch last night and saw 49 people were playing it. Come in here expecting it to be a little more lively. Color me stunned they haven't even updated since I played last. What the fuck happened?
TI9 stuff will need doing soon, once that crunch starts, prolly nothing until September.

Also what Valve do or do not do with Autochess will probably tell a lot about their plans for Artifact.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't that just according to an anonymous email read on Giant Bomb's podcast?

Yeah, but they kind of have a history with anonymous emails being pretty accurate. Not only that but they could have easily just ignored the email because none of them really played it and they know people at Valve at the time. I think them reading it alone, while still saying it was just rumor and they knew nothing, was giving it a lot of credence. They get tons of emails but they chose to read an email about a game none of them play and they could easily check with friends who work there, even if not in an official capacity.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I'm convinced that constructed and draft aren't entirely separate when it comes to skill rating. I'm getting some really hard games in draft and I hardly move ratings even when I win.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Artifact team has been downsized
How much the team has been downsized by could definitely be a concern. Maybe the Artifact team member responsible for the @PlayArtifact Twitter page was laid off? While I am only joking (Seriously though, can you please Tweet something?), I find it pretty odd that they didn't even bother to make a Tweet when Artifact was updated with Patch 1.2.272 (The patch that reduced the gold cost for a handful of Item Cards and introduced Chaos Blitz, also known as the "Still in it for the long haul" Patch). If the remaining members of the Artifact team are just the necessary amount to keep the game going, I can only imagine what that means for future content development.

I hope someone still remembers the twitter password

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
A response from Richard Garfield regarding the layoff:

d6IZPJI.png

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
Normally I wouldn't post unverified 4chan rumors... but what else is there to talk about? So here is an unverified 4chan rumor:

5o5fxmthpwm21.png

That... could be worse. Wonder if it's worth buying an Axe or two on the off-chance this is correct and making a profit.

That sounds like mostly good changes. It also sounds like a wishlist and not an actual change list though. Changing arrow makes me really anxious.

It would be interesting, I think. But I'd maybe do it as it costing 1 mana, so players can bluff each-other with the possibility of arrow changes until they're tapped-out. I do agree that it sounds like a wishlist, peppered with stuff we "know" is going to happen (F2P).

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
That sounds like mostly good changes. It also sounds like a wishlist and not an actual change list though. Changing arrow makes me really anxious.

The arrow change is what makes me think the whole list is bunk. Changing how arrows work would completely negate a bunch of cards in the game (Cunning Plan, Battlefield Control, Pick a Fight, etc.). So unless they are planning to rework all those cards, that arrow change seems unlikely.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Normally I wouldn't post unverified 4chan rumors... but what else is there to talk about? So here is an unverified 4chan rumor:

5o5fxmthpwm21.png

Seems too wish fulfillment to me to be any type of real. Arrows all go straight except if you choose to change them instead of playing a card? That honestly doesn't seem to make much sense to me.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Also giving out cosmetics for already owned cards would be cool, but it'd either be an insane amount of art, or the art would seem to similar and not be satisfactory to those players with all the cards. It'd seem like a cool idea but it'd either be insane work or a shit deal.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
I had a couple of quick games in Constructed last night. Well, I say a couple... The first match lasted 1 minute, as my opponent didn't like losing one of his Heroes on the first round, and surrendered. :D But found a second match really quickly, against some level 7 mono-black deck I think it was, and they were quite chatty (friended me after the game which I won).

Not sure how much I'll play from now on though - I should work on playing a couple of games I got for Christmas, plus Sekiro is out, so...

Last edited:

Tim

Oct 25, 2017
I decided to take a break at the end of Feb. Really didn't think the patch would take this long.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I haven't played in a bit. The 70-75 wasn't worth it and then I got tired of draft. Pretty much just waiting for the update.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
https://steamcommunity.com/games/583950/announcements/detail/1819924505115920089

"When we launched Artifact, we expected it would be the beginning of a long journey, that it would lay the foundation for years to come. Our plan was to immediately dive into our normal strategy of shipping a series of updates driven by the dialogue community members were having with each other and with us.

Obviously, things didn't turn out how we hoped. Artifact represents the largest discrepancy between our expectations for how one of our games would be received and the actual outcome. But we don't think that players misunderstand our game, or that they're playing it wrong. Artifact now represents an opportunity for us to improve our craft and use that knowledge to build better games.

Since launch, we've been looking carefully at how players interact with the game as well as gathering feedback. It has become clear that there are deep-rooted issues with the game and that our original update strategy of releasing new features and cards would be insufficient to address them. Instead, we believe the correct course of action is to take larger steps, to re-examine the decisions we've made along the way regarding game design, the economy, the social experience of playing, and more.

So what does this mean?

Moving forward, we'll be heads-down focusing on addressing these larger issues instead of shipping updates. While we expect this process of experimentation and development to take a significant amount of time, we're excited to tackle this challenge and will get back to you as soon as we are ready."

Guess the relaunch won't come any time soon

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Depressing to wait 3 months to finally get word and the word is basically "Our heads are down and we're going to keep doing what we were already doing, just now we're actually saying it."

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
A simple message like this taking 3 months, and the talks of Life Coach/Wife Coach going in to Valve and talking about the future of the game really puts stuff in perspective. This shit is gonna move slow as hell.

It took them 3 months to say THIS?

Also, holy hell shouldn't have read comments. "Guys go F2P and get rid of Pay2Win" lol jesus people.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
I hope it turns out well for them. There is a fun game in there somewhere, but it still needs fixing.

It's a shame because I know a few of the artists have pieces that Valve hasn't used on a card yet.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A simple message like this taking 3 months, and the talks of Life Coach/Wife Coach going in to Valve and talking about the future of the game really puts stuff in perspective. This shit is gonna move slow as hell.

It took them 3 months to say THIS?
I think they saw that depressing as fuck reddit wall and were like we have to release a press note or something
cw91l1ykzbo21.jpg

Deleted member 40853

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 9, 2018
"Moving forward, we'll be heads-down focusing on addressing these larger issues instead of shipping updates."

Uhh did they think this wasn't already pretty clear? They haven't said anything in 3 months, no kidding they aren't shipping updates. You can only laugh. Seems like the game is basically dead or will return in some form next year. I wish them the best.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
I don't really meet refund window but I'm tempted to test my luck. Thought for sure this message would include something about that, or at least mention they'd stop selling the game.