• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 29, 2017
Please look at entire Instagram post for context and entire body of work.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwQHKTnAxLe/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=17jfueuhl0jvk

4DW9G7y.jpg

This quote was said by a well-respected faculty member last year. I created this piece to start a discussion about the attitudes of the administration and faculty towards the minority population.

This hat was just one part of a larger exhibit that addresses all racial inequity towards people of color at ArtCenter, whether student, faculty, or staff.

To make this about free speech is to narrow the subject. We should be discussing the original question posed by the work:

What are the attitudes of the college's administration toward people of color?
@artcenteredu #accd #artcenter#artcentercollegeofdesign#artcenterfineart#thingsmyteacherhassaid

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
OP, you need to redo the title. ArtCenter is a single school in Pasadena, not a chain of schools.

I'm not surprised about the demographics breakdown. When I was researching ArtCenter in high school, I think their tuition was already well over 30k per year.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Had a feeling it was in CA based on the brand of racism, lived there for two years and was amazed how pervasive it was and how I had no idea it was even a thing before living there. Rich white people just cant stand not being the richest people in a room

NoRéN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Had a feeling it was in CA based on the brand of racism, lived there for two years and was amazed how pervasive it was and how I had no idea it was even a thing before living there. Rich white people just cant stand not being the richest people in a room
Bingo.

Poor minority folk don't bother them as much because those poor folk are normally stuck in their shitty low income neighborhood with the rest of them.

It's the rich minority that gets under their skin. They are the ones that can afford to go to their schools, eat where they eat and,worst of all, live where they live.

Deleted member 8118

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Bingo.

Poor minority folk don't bother them as much because those poor folk are normally stuck in their shitty low income neighborhood with the rest of them.

It's the rich minority that gets under their skin. They are the ones that can afford to go to their schools, eat where they eat and,worst of all, live where they live.
This is why I didn't like my school in SF. Wildly affluent.

Oct 30, 2017
My wife's MFA cohort were wildly diverse in age, gender, and ethnicity. I can't speak for ArtCenter but the art programs I'm familiar with are concerned about portfolio and potential. Also, good god at that tuition.

OP
OP
Marion Cobretti
Oct 29, 2017
OP, you need to redo the title. ArtCenter is a single school in Pasadena, not a chain of schools.

I'm not surprised about the demographics breakdown. When I was researching ArtCenter in high school, I think their tuition was already well over 30k per year.

It may be about ArtCenter, but it applies to most all art schools, and frankly the art world as a whole.

Tuition is at 66k a year (3 semesters).

OP
OP
Marion Cobretti
Oct 29, 2017
It's starting to blow up. They're talking about it at all the art schools on the west and east coast, and in China.

vANu8mr.png

Desi

Oct 30, 2017
I live near MICA in Baltimore and there has been a huge influx of East Asian students in the last few years. Like you won't even see any other group including white folk when you drive around campus.