• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
Todays artist is MELRAW.

MELRAW+%E3%82%A2%E3%83%BC%E5%86%99.jpg

A-6399555-1551620165-9731.jpeg.jpg

Who is MELRAW?

MELRAW is a dog from a galaxy far far away who has come into contact with humans on earth and has decided to take over the planet using jazz!....... nah i'm just playing around. I tried to keep with the characters narrative but nah. MELRAW is Japanese saxophone player Kohei Andos solo project. Kohei Ando is part of a new wave of Jazz musicians in Japan who aren't afraid to go beyond the jazz tradition. In this project Ando Mixes electronic music, hip hop, soul, rock and more with jazz and a cosmic theme. Ando is also an unofficial official member of Japanese experimental soul band WONK and recently collaborated with legendary nujazz producer Mark De Clive Lowe as part of his project band Ronin Arkestra which brought together Japanese Jazz musicians from all over the spectrum new and old with their debut album sonkei.

Notable Tracks:

Past Spotlights:

ShadowAUS

Feb 20, 2019
Australia
Another one to add to the list! Warriors is sexy as hell~ I know very little of the Japanese jazz scene but this and Ovall have been excellent.

Keep these posts going!

OP
OP
nsilvias

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
That first track came out on the 4th but i only found out this morning and this is the result.

ELMWq-tWwAEvCld

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty nice stuff, thanks for sharing! Second song in particular reminds me a lot of Mime: