• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ChristopherDX

Banned
May 8, 2018

And not one word said...truly such powerful storytelling.

Anyone else this gets or are you a heart of steel

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
It's never really hit me that hard, for whatever reason.

The 'You stay, I go' bit at the end of The Iron Giant wells me up like a baby, though.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
Tears every time. Got me when I first watched it close to 10 years ago. Now that I'm a married man, it completely destroys me.

Grapezard

Nov 16, 2017
It leaves such a lasting impression that it looms over the rest of the movie. Great stuff.

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
Between this and Bambi's mother, Disney knows how to tug at the feelings and never loosen their grip.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not afraid to admit that the ending of Toy Story 3 made me cry like a fucking baby

I wasn't prepared for the fucking haymaker of feels that ending gave even though the movie basically builds up to it the entire time.

GG-Duo

Oct 27, 2017
It's the only good part about the movie.

Nobody talks about the giant bird or the talking dog.

DarthWoo

Oct 27, 2017
Up is such a masterpiece. Only now has it been topped by Coco
I know it's supposed to be happy and was obviously coming, but the part in Coco that kind of gut punches me the most is in the epilogue,
when his great-grandmother's photo is up on the ofrenda.

And here's another relatively recent one that I can rarely watch without starting to tear up.

I moved several times when I was little but still old enough to realize I was going to be losing touch with friends, so I can kind of relate to it.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I watched it for the first time in years a few months ago and I'd forgotten what Carl finds at the end of the Adventure Book. Shit fucking destroyed me man

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boo the OP for that clickbaity thread title!

"You won't believe what movie makes grown men weep! Click here to find out!"

C'mon we're better than this. And yes, the first 15 minutes of UP are incredible. Such a shame I can't say the same about the rest of the movie.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Boo the OP for that clickbaity thread title!

"You won't believe what movie makes grown men weep! Click here to find out!"

C'mon we're better than this. And yes, the first 15 minutes of UP are incredible.
Really? This is a forum not YouTube. The OP isn't making money of this stuff.

Suspenseful and fun titles equals clickbait apparently lol.

You guys are too much.

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
I have never understood the love for this movie. That entire opening is so hackneyed and the only reason people like it. I say this as someone who loves romantic films too (so people don't accuse me of being bitter or some shit, which is the only defense people seem to have).

SatoAilDarko

Oct 25, 2017

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017

"As a grown man"?

The older you get, the more this scene is going to get you really, this is no "only kids get the feels" type scene.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
Suspenseful and fun titles equals clickbait apparently lol.

Since the only thing to be achieved by an ambiguous thread title is wasted effort, uninformative titles should be avoided. It's a matter of courtesy. Those who would prefer to avoid knowing what they're going to read about are of course free to put a hand over the phone and just jab the screen at random.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
I came in thinking "this is going to be about Up, isn't it"

Honestly the rest of the film is just a addon to that opening story. It's fun, but forgettable.

That opening story though will stay with me forever.

It's an entire relationship, the ups and the horrible downs told in like 5 minutes.

I just started welling up rewatching it now!

Last edited:

Taki

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This movie turns 10 years old this year.

You now feel old.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not afraid to admit that the ending of Toy Story 3 made me cry like a fucking baby

I wasn't prepared for the fucking haymaker of feels that ending gave even though the movie basically builds up to it the entire time.

This. The little twitch Andy gives at the end kills me. God damn.

Have no idea how Toy Story 4 will live up to this in terms of feels, especially not after how disappointing Incredibles 2 was.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
It's sweet, but I've never cried watching it for some reason. Not sure why. I do like the scene, though.

Awesome Kev

Banned
Jan 10, 2018

ok well, you assholes lead me down a youtube rabbit hole to somehow ending up watching this scene, so only fair to post it

Iacomus

Dec 26, 2018

I agree.

But the incinerator scene still makes me tear up at how evil Pixar can be at with emotion.

retroman

Oct 31, 2017
Anybody here seen A Monster Calls? Those final fifteen minutes or so man...wow. That movie drained me.

amoy

Oct 28, 2017
Ah yes, the start o Up was something else.

Friendship stories wreck me easier than love stories in fiction tho, only topped by adult fears (eg. children getting fucked over, while nothing can be done about it).

The Iron Giant is a bittersweet tale, another one that wrecks me, is the Pooh and Piglet relationship, not limited to any movie or story in particular. The two of them holding hands as they walk through the hundred acre woods, how Pooh reassures Piglet off his insecurities (very nice scene in the Ewan McGregor movie).

For an adult fear example, the Jack and the baby episode from Samurai Jack took me off-guard, Grave of the Fireflies memories came rushing back :(

Timeaisis

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I watched up with my then-girlfriend now wife. It destroyed me then and destroys me now. I'm getting emotional just thinking about it.

Especially that second bit when he discovers spending time with his wife was the adventure...oh man.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
that scene destroyed one of the known conventions of the animated movies back then that a character needed a significant time in the spotlight for the audience to connect with it.

this scene made me connect with those 2 in 10-15 minutes

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Back when I first saw it I didn't cry, it was obviously sad but it didn't really push me over the edge.

Last year I saw it again and stopped there because I couldn't stop crying, honestly UP would've been better as a short and not a full film.