• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hzsn724

Nov 10, 2017
Only beat one path in Fire Emblem Three houses..... So many dropped games. And Links Awakening is around the corner.... Didn't even get Astral yet .. halp

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Again. Calling dissent "concern trailing". The defensiveness in this thread is something else.

No the "oh I don't get these...people being excited" or the subtle implication that those who are excited for it are lesser than you because your cynicism is the king of intellect is not "dissent". Not liking the direct is fine, I didn't that some games I wanted aren't announced are planned. But there's that, and then there's those who feel like those who are excited shouldn't be excited. And I can't stand that. I can't stand those who feel the need to make sure others are not happy.

Asriel

Dec 7, 2017
No the "oh I don't get these...people being excited" or the subtle implication that those who are excited for it are lesser than you because your cynicism is the king of intellect is not "dissent". Not liking the direct is fine, I didn't that some games I wanted aren't announced are planned. But there's that, and then there's those who feel like those who are excited shouldn't be excited. And I can't stand that. I can't stand those who feel the need to make sure others are not happy.

But who is doing that in this thread? What posts had attempted to invalid others' opinions? It honestly just seems like you're projecting.

Escaflow

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I've never even heard of almost any of these games.

I'm so looooong gone out of touch with the Nintendo ecosystem....

Edit: Most of the games I'm seeing are old? Divinity original sin 2? Devil May cry 2?

An inferior port machine LulW

Just kidding , exclusives like Astral Chain and FE:TH are excellent , not a big fans of botw though

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
Backlog is growing. I stopped buying games 6 months ago but never stopped playing.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I feel the same as a PS4 and XBOX1 owner...especially with Game Pass. It becomes like budget isn't even a constraint...its just time. I have no time.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah the switch library is on fire.

I want Iceborne and I'm playing GD in FE:3H but this month alone I want Jedi Knight, Links Awakening, SNES classics and Puzzle Quest.

Overwatch and Little Town Hero being October is rough. Will probably skip them since I'm already getting Concrete Genie, LM3, and Medievil that moth

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah some of ya'll are coming off as waaaay to cynical. People aren't necessarily trolls just because *thing* doesn't excite or interest 'em. Otherwise I'd be a troll for considering the entirety of 2019 game releases being an utter wash! Try being alil more chill an friendly towards your fellow posters instead of defaulting to thinking the worst of everybody!
Or maybe said posters could grow a thicker skin

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
I see this sort of behavior elsewhere as well. A positive thread always attacks people feeling the need to 'bring the facts' or 'correct the record'

Frankly there is no need to do that, but people seem to want to do it out of spite and insecurity. Switch has a very busy lineup this fall, that's a fact. Whatever personal takes and mitgations one may bring to it to 'downplay' doesn't belong in this thread and bringing stuff like that up does make it look like you are trolling.

Pirateluigi

Oct 27, 2017
By the end of the month I'll have passed 200 games on my Switch. I play nearly daily and I still cant keep up with my backlog. I've never had a console I've bought so many games for before.

Kubricks

Oct 31, 2017
Feels the same here.
Just started Astral Chain which will probably take me months to finish, then I will Download River City Girls later today, then there is Daemon X coming very soon, then there is DQ11S, then the Witcher 3. Good God.

Lindsay

Nov 4, 2017
Or maybe said posters could grow a thicker skin
Agressive much?

I see this sort of behavior elsewhere as well. A positive thread always attacks people feeling the need to 'bring the facts' or 'correct the record'

Frankly there is no need to do that, but people seem to want to do it out of spite and insecurity. Switch has a very busy lineup this fall, that's a fact. Whatever personal takes and mitgations one may bring to it to 'downplay' doesn't belong in this thread and bringing stuff like that up does make it look like you are trolling.
If there are people downplaying it then thats just silly an wrong. The Switch fall lineup has games. Which appeal to people. Just like any other system. Like ya said thats a fact. But I dun think people saying they aren't for them is is inherently being negative nor turning a happy thread into an unhappy one.

Salmander

Oct 25, 2017
Action-Adventure with puzzles is what I really love. Preferably with a dark tone like Metroid or Castlevania.

I dunno if I can be qualified to recommend some titles since I actually haven't played Castlevania games (gasp). But just going off your likes, I feel like you would be able to find your preferences more on the indie side now and switch does get tons of indies. I'm sure you've already tried some of the notable ones like Hollow Knight or Bloodstained but if you were looking for more games on the puzzle side, there's also Creature in the Well (coming out this week?), Baba is You, Minit, and a bunch more. Action-side I'm not really sure, I've been really enjoying Astral Chain but it is heavy on the anime. Honestly, there's a ton of games that could be worth looking at and I really recommend the eShop thread on Era for more info to dig up some surprise finds!

goodretina

Dec 30, 2018
I'm fine with ports because most of them are games I haven't played before and/or would like to play on handheld. My Switch will keep me busy, and I need to be careful to not get interesting games if I won't actually have a chance to play them.

Lindsay

Nov 4, 2017
This is what I'm talking about lmao
I dun get it. Did I fail a sarcasm check? Cause saying peeps need ta suck it up in response ta asking peeps to not automatically assume the worst of others seems counterproductive. I may be woefully misunderstanding what your meaning was though, but "grow thicker skins" comes off like "get good" or "man up". Just a total throwaway phrase.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
There is 100% the option to not post. When people get called a troll, its because they can opt to not post, has shown a history of not caring for the product, but chose to post anyways to 'show em', set the record straight etc.

If there are people downplaying it then thats just silly an wrong. The Switch fall lineup has games. Which appeal to people. Just like any other system.

And yes Switch have games which people will appreciate and appeal to. Which is why you let people have their fun , and you can post in your threads about how much you love X and we can all move on rather than engaging in these petty arguments which is 100% initiated by the trolls who can't bear see someone else be happy about something else not on their list of approved items. easy ain't it?

Last edited:

Ximonz

Oct 30, 2017
Taiwan
I have a good PC/Switch/PS4 and some mobile games going.

I guess I won't be touching my PS4 for a long long while.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
Overwhelmed is a bit much, but there's plenty to play. My PS4 sits unused now as I mainly play Switch. Even if "just" ports, the ability to hold that port in my hand as I relax on my couch is such a game changer for me. It's fits right into how I play games to relax and have some fun in the evenings. I find myself completing games again.

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
I dun get it. Did I fail a sarcasm check? Cause saying peeps need ta suck it up in response ta asking peeps to not automatically assume the worst of others seems counterproductive. I may be woefully misunderstanding what your meaning was though, but "grow thicker skins" comes off like "get good" or "man up". Just a total throwaway phrase.
100% serious. The posts people are freaking out over are so benign that it makes me wonder how some of ya'll function in real life.

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, it's amazing. I feel bad for gamers who don't own a Switch right now. What are they playing?

Probably games that released this year and last year like Spider-Man, rdr2, nier automata, God of war, forza horizon 4, horizon, resident evil 2 remake, KH3, devil May cry 5, ace combat 7, judgement, and many more.

It was a great direct, but many of their announcements lately have been old to very old ports and support characters in smash.

Having said that, I love my switch. Can't wait for Luigi's mansion 3.

dreamlongdead

Nov 5, 2017
Nah, the library's got nothing on PS2.

As a recent Switch owner, there are definitely several great games that I can start playing right now, and the future looks good. But you can say this about PS4 even more so.

saiko

Nov 4, 2017
Yeah, it's amazing. I feel bad for gamers who don't own a Switch right now. What are they playing?

I can't tell if this is a troll post or not. They announced a lot of old ports available on other systems.

"What are other gamers even playing right now?" Uhh maybe they're playing those same games on other systems right now?

Back on topic, you should pick a couple games that interest you the most and start from there, OP. It's useless thinking about all of the games you could be playing because in reality you'll never get around to playing them all.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
its the Deadly Premonition hype it should pass out by tomorrow drink some tea and warm milk

Tarot Deck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's crazy. Switch is the culmination of the past systems ( Jesus Christ, I forgot about grandia).

My backlog is already overwhelming and now this direct drops and now it's ressurecting past backlogs ( jedi knight?! Deadly Premonitions!?! )

At least I already played Obra Dinn ( but this freaking game is fantastic).

hailvera

Sep 4, 2019
It's kind of a weird shift, for the first portion of the Switch's release I felt that a lot of the games coming out didn't interest me because I (unfortunately) bought a Wii U so a lot of titles were games I already had.

But now I feel l have way too many games I'm interested coming out, hah.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's honestly fucking insane. I have no interest in playing third party games on the Switch for the most part so The Witcher 3, Overwatch etc do nothing for me and even then I'm spoilt for choice with all the exclusives. Astral Chain, Pokemon, Xenoblade, Tokyo Mirage Sessions.. whew.

Gaiaknight

Oct 25, 2017
Im right there with you OP im currently playing astral chain but right around the corner i got

Daemon X Machina
LInks Awakening
Dragon Quest 11
Ni No Kuni
Spyro Reignited Trilogy

To get through and thats just september and not even including that i also got Monster Hunter Iceborne on ps4 to also play some of also. October is jsut as packed for me thankfully December is a wasteland and so far early 2020 is a little lite also which makes me somewhat happy to clear out my holiday purchases.

Kismet

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Being a Ps4 + Switch owner...yeah, I feel you.

I have the money, but not the time :(

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Yeah, I have still barely touched into both Fire Emblem, Dragon Quest Builders 2 and Mario Maker 2, still need to wrap up Marvel Ultimate Alliance as I start into Astral Chain, and I want to finish the DQXI S demo for transfer to full game, which I have preloaded with Links Awakening.

Switch rules.

And I want River City Girls tomorrow.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
And WHEN are they playing it? I could hardly find time to play games before switch but thanks to the portability, im finally free to play games again.
It's pretty easy to play games on the TV for most people I imagine. We play during our free time. I have a hard time finding a scenario to play Switch portably. Different strokes and all.

DiK4

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Its too much dude. Too much. Like even though I have very little interest in Little Town Hero the fact they basically shadow dropped it for next month is insane. I literally said... Nintendo what are you doing? More games? Jesus really? And free SNES games?

Then the Xenoblade announcement, which to me shows you are finally ready to start remastering the humongous Wii lineup of games which will be amazing to see in HD. I pray Metroid Prime Trilogy is next...

Nevermind that they basically held onto the existence of my GOTY Astral Chain until a couple months before being revealed. This year is nuts. Nuts

Dynheart

Self-requested ban
Oct 31, 2017
I honestly do not care/get about all of the ports people are bitching about in here. I haven't even played most of them, and I have played a crap ton of games in the 40 years I have been alive. I just cannot play them all. Props to all who can. So ports or no, these will be like new experiences to me.

So I'm hyped. *clap clap*

Elfforkusu

Oct 25, 2017
The biggest problem is that too many of these games (I'll get to the ports in a second) are hella long. It's like, WTF, I still have to go back to Builders 2 once I'm done with FE. Not to mention Astral Chain (maybe I'll get lucky, time wise, and hate it). DQ11 and LA are on the horizon.

The second problem is that ports to Switch seem to have a special pull on me. There are games that are already out on other platforms, yes, but I've never felt compelled to buy a lot of these games on those platforms. But the Switch is a portable, and the Switch is super convenient, and oh no

(admittedly for point #2, if I gamed more on PC I'd probably have a large backlog there as well)

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
I am the opposite, there was nothing in the direct that caught my interest.

I dusted off my switch and had to charge it just to try the Dragon Quest XI demo. Played to the first save point and it hasn't been turned on since.

I think I wasted my money on a switch.

USF

Oct 28, 2017
This is too much
I feel like just selling everything and not care about anything anymore