• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
EgbckFhXYAU9z0C
EgbclUPXsAIGIyV
EgbcmDqX0AIqOQU
Egbcm5pWAAA3oll
EgXtkU5XkAAjh-m
EgXtl5-WkAMIE6k

EgXvM5pU4AAkTA1

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I tried to do this the last couple of days and I don't think I was in quite the right spot. I'll have to check Reddit tonight to find out what coordinates I need to put in.

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
This is really mindblowing to me and definitely something that is unique to video games. Holy cow, what a technical achievement!

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
How is this for people who aren't into flight sims? It looks like a good experience for VR.

DinoPulse

May 25, 2018
It's kind of a coincidence that a thread like this would pop up mere hours after Vinny did this in his latest Vinesauce stream that already ended.
Isn't it?
Not kidding either.
Vinny actually did visit Hurricane Laura in some way in Microsoft Simulator 2020 when he did his Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 segment of his latest Vinesauce stream that already ended.
Or at least he tried to.
Somehow caused his game FPS to chug.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holy crap i missed this chance?

Whens the next hurricane!!!!

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
Can this be reliably played with Mouse and Keyboard (or, dare I say, Oculus Touch), or do I need a HOTAS?

Oct 31, 2017
I was doing that while it was still in the Atlantic 😅. Then the real hurricane flew past me in real life (I live in Texas).

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
Hope Asobo can improve the look and accuracy of the hurricanes going forward, it's pretty cool to be able to do this in the game

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I tried it last night but I don't think I found the right spot. Is there an in-game weather radar?

Also can you adjust the time of day without adjusting the Live Weather? I was playing at like 11 at night, couldn't see shit lol.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Somewhat related, the lighting in this game is on another level.

I just love flying at sunrise and sunset, in different weather conditions, or at night over cities etc. Just looks stunning and so diverse depending where you are in the world etc.
Wait, this game pulls in current weather from around the world and populates it in the game world?
Yep.

Even the real-time flight data too so you can see other planes flying past.

Orbis

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I tried it last night but I don't think I found the right spot. Is there an in-game weather radar?

Also can you adjust the time of day without adjusting the Live Weather? I was playing at like 11 at night, couldn't see shit lol.
You can show wind at least on the world map when you create a flight, you should easily spot it there. I thought you could change time independent of weather but I really can't remember now.

I think people have mentioned a bug where live weather only works on the first flight after booting the game, I can't verify that but try restarting the game also.

Sylmaron

Oct 28, 2017
The screenshots look amazing but in the video the camera scrolling looks weird. When you leave the camera untouched it looks very good again.

Deleted member 14089

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't it dangerous for the plane? I mean, like having strong winds etc

Of course you wouldn't go straight into the hurricane. I haven't gone myself in mfs2020, but I expect that you at least need to estimate where the wind will be the "least"

mindatlarge

Oct 27, 2017
PA, USA
Somewhat related, the lighting in this game is on another level.

I just love flying at sunrise and sunset, in different weather conditions, or at night over cities etc. Just looks stunning and so diverse depending where you are in the world etc.

Yep.

Even the real-time flight data too so you can see other planes flying past.
Yes. The power of the Cloud finally in use.

The 4th picture..... just wow.
Damn, that is incredible. I gotta pick this up.