• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know what a combo knife is, but this man was stabbed 27 times with it and still not only lived but retained the people stabbing until cops got there. Is a combo knife just like a totally ineffective thing or is this dude like next level?

It's less that and more that stabbings aren't very effective: it's actually very common for stabbings to have a large number of individual stabs, because unlike in the movies, in real life unless it's in a hugely vital area (and even then) stabbing someone doesn't really stop them from fighting back. It makes for clickbait headlines "Oh someone got stabbed 30 times, what kind of maniac does that?" but it's really not uncommon.

Source: I'm a slasher film villain.

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Glad the man isn't dead. The two women that stabbed him should be brought to justice, as any other lunatic that physically attacks people over these issues.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
US is just broken. It's unbelievable this has happened so many times already.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
Let's not do this people. The racial undertones in these posts about two black women...come on.

This is pretty scary though, working in retail this is why they tell us not to try and enforce the mask mandate. Shouldn't have to be that way, but people have been doing crazy shit.

Nothing to do about race. If ANYONE stabbed someone 27 times over a mask I would call them an animal. Be them white, POC, LGBTQ+, pink polka dot, anyone.

Stabbing someone 27 times over a mask is animalistic behavior. Period. Its disgusting.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nothing to do about race. If ANYONE stabbed someone 27 times over a mask I would call them an animal. Be them white, POC, LGBTQ+, pink polka dot, anyone.

Stabbing someone 27 times over a mask is animalistic behavior. Period. Its disgusting.
Better to just avoid referring to black people as 'animals' entirely and refrain from talking about how 'big' they are, etc. May not have been your intention but that rhetoric plays into racist caricatures black people in this country are constantly subjected to.

You can rightfully condemn this as disgusting behavior without doing that.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
Better to just avoid referring to black people as 'animals' entirely and refrain from talking about how 'big' they are, etc. May not have been your intention but that rhetoric plays into racist caricatures black people in this country are constantly subjected to.

You can rightfully condemn this as disgusting behavior without doing that.
Perhaps.

Ok ill just call them evil then.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Actually counting up to 27 out loud makes me wonder what it takes to be the kind of person to stab someone 27 times. 27!

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
We are so fucked. This is another reason why things aren't going to be so simple even if we get a vaccine.

OP
OP
SilentPanda

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
Looking for more story/information on what kind of comb knife(There are many type it seem) and this news add in weird thing.
Pro-mask fanatic?
that two pro-mask fanatics were caught on camera in Manhattan Beach, California confronting a pair of maskless civilians telling them that they needed to wear masks as they sat on a bench, before things turned awry. The two men without masks were seen chatting with each other on a bench when a woman and her male companion begin scolding them unprovoked. "Ya'll need to be wearing masks," the woman's voice is heard off-camera.

The maskless man recording the video is heard explaining that he and his friend were "locals" and were "on the other side of the fence" when it came to wearing masks. "We don't believe in this stuff," he declared. His companion, also without a mask, is seen at one point warning the woman's male companion to stop berating them. "What are you looking at me for? I didn't say s**t to you," he yells. "Get the f*** out of my face!" In response, a drink was splashed all over the other maskless man's face as he sat on the bench — thus sparking an altercation.

meaww.com

Chicago sisters stab store guard 27 times with comb knife after being asked to wear mask, use sanitizer

Jayla started filming the officer, adding that she was calling someone to 'kick' the guard's 'a**'

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
This security guard must be a damn hulk of a man to get stabbed 27 times, still restrain the women, and still come out of it alive. Hopefully he isn't permanently crippled by as a result, but damn.