• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Your content, while obviously a bit, is more or less harmless if not a bit annoying in general. Not this though. This is very annoying and you know what you're doing. It isn't cute. It isn't funny. Your "quirkiness" isn't endearing, especially for this topic.

Everything about this administration is backwards. There is nothing redeeming about it. You getting a bit more money and a vacation (assuming this actually happened) is meaningless.
Damn savage today.
Also I doubt whatever benefits they have has nothing to do with Trump unless they're really that high up (which I doubt).

Oct 25, 2017
USA, Sol 3, Universe 1
User Banned (1 Month): Consistent history of inflammatory commentary and trolling.
I hate the goddamn bastard. Just waiting for the day he either loses an election or is indicted. Economically though, I am booming. Hell my company gave me a 20% raise this year due to the tax Breaks.
20 percent? Wow. Im glad you're doing well economically too. Nothing wrong with that, and I know you aren't being mean or rude to anyone that isn't doing well.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't support them, the thread was just to share an opinion how things are going. I can only share about me personally. Yes I know how backwards a lot of the current administration is, especially the Vice President IMO, and of course I want someone else in office, I want a good candidate for 2020 too. I don't care what party they are either, I just want someone good. I didn't vote for the president in 2016 and I don't intend to in 2020 either.

And again, I freely admit that I've been lucky. I know that not everyone has been as fortunate as me. I've checked my privilege in this situation, I know that some are hurting. I'm not saying fuck everyone else just because I'm doing well, I'm saying I'm lucky that things are going well for me right now, because that's what the thread is about, opinions on the situation. I can only share my own. Of course I don't want anyone to be in a bad place.
Before this thread gets locked let me just say this one last thing:

You're full of shit.

Oct 27, 2017
RoM exists to stir shit. If they're not actually a trump supporter themselves (and I doubt that) they just post to get a rise out of people.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
75% of the country is living paycheck to paycheck and over half of americans are at poverty level. Education is a joke, as is infrastructure.
Trump is isolating the USA from the future Green Economy, as well as strategic diplomatic partnerships.

Hes also an open white supremacist. Kids are dying in detention camps.

But man, look at that 401k!

Thats why this country is fucked. They aren't a troll.. a good % of 'liberals' likely agree with the main sentiments. Its the problem with worshiping capitalism..

Ms.Galaxy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
20 percent? Wow. Im glad you're doing well economically too. Nothing wrong with that, and I know you aren't being mean or rude to anyone that isn't doing well.

Cool. Meanwhile my mother and I just got a notification that our EBT will be recharged today and we won't get anything afterwards due to the shutdown, so if this shit continues, we're gonna starve. Very nice, good prez.

Raguel

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This mental dissonance these trump supporting shitbags coming in here and giving him credit for the economy and low employment is rich.

Raguel

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Cool. Meanwhile my mother and I just got a notification that our EBT will be recharged today and we won't get anything afterwards due to the shutdown, so if this shit continues, we're gonna starve. Very nice, good prez.
But don't you see? That shitbag got to go on her vacation because of her shitbag president

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Living in England I haven't noticed anything different personally, though that's not surprising. Doesn't feel like it's been that long, I can still remember reading the thread on gaf when he was officially elected.

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
I remember how Americans kept on repeating that he won't even last a couple of months to reassure themselves and the world, the denial was and is (?) still strong. The U.S has deep problems that Trump is just a symptom of, Trump is just the start. Huh, any ways. What a shit show.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Are you kidding? Haven't you heard what an absolute boon the tax break was?

EDIT: /s, in case that wasn't obvious.

EZIA2XNJBQ4ZTKCSD6RFODHTGE.jpg
I went to the high school that this secretary worked at. My history teacher was the head of the Lancaster Republican Committee. Half that building's staff was cut from that cloth.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I always said to people that Idiocracy being set 500 years in the future was way too optimistic, and it would be a lot sooner like 50 years. Since 2016, it seems like closer to 10 years before we see something like this.

Deleted member 2109

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's been worse than expected. With republicans in charge of the senate it really doesn't matter what Mueller or anyone else has because they will never vote to remove him from office. 2020 is the fight and it is the fight of our lives. Vote.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I like that Pete Souza (the Obama photographer who trolls Trump with side by side comparison photos of Obama doing something with grace and Trump fucking it up as usual), refers to the clown as Minus. As in, in the future this time will be referred to as 46-1, so Minus for short.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Hmm.

Let's see.

I'll judge on two things. His leadership and his policies.

In terms of his leadership, Trump has got to be on of the most immature and vindictive person to assume the office. His Twitter tirades are embarrassing. He frequently dismisses and treats long term allies with scorn. His America First initiative is prehistoric and myopic. He's not preparing the US to be a modern economy and still believes we're in the 1950s. His former WH staff chide him for not reading intelligence and meeting briefs.

He also has no intellectual curiousity it seems. Moreover, he think the executive branch is the same running a private company, as he did unilaterally for decades. As such, he focuses on strong arm tactics, like he's doing now to get things done. Even when he had Congressional majorities he could not pass major legislation outside his tax cuts.

In terms of his policies, he has supported criminal justice reform and recently signed a decent criminal justice bill. Good first step, but we need way more reform there. His obsession with immigration has obvious racial undertones that cannot be understated. Moreover, he is hurting the business community with his restriction of worker visas.

He ended Net Neutrality by appointing an industry stooge to the FCC. He has reduced environmental protections. He a fascination with dying industries like coal. His lack of humility when consulting his generals is very troubling. While I do agree America should not be the World Police, Trump does things impulsively, hurting our alliances.

Moreover, his tax cuts are running huge deficits. They may help in the short term, but other generations will have to pay for them.

The good thing is that he has mobilized the progressive like no other.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Besides the stupid shit I read about him here, it's been whatever. It could be a lot worse, but who knows, we still have at least two more years with him.

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Besides the stupid shit I read about him here, it's been whatever. It could be a lot worse, but who knows, we still have at least two more years with him.
He ripped children away from their families and put them in cages where they're literally dying. Also, government employees are going without money because of his stupid ego and this damn wall. How in the hell could it be worse

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Not great, not bad, and fairly profitable for me to be honest. Don't love him, don't hate him. Wonder what the next 2-6 years will be like though.

I think my taxes went down a little but this was at the cost of tax on lower income going up. My conscious tells me my decrease in taxes is not worth it. Have you not considered this? Don't you have some empathy?

Also, there's the normalization of racism to consider.

Trust

Jun 10, 2018
When the economy tanks again because of the current policies put in place then we will see. Trump won't be around and who ever is in power will take the blame. Just like 2008 all over again.

Marshall

Oct 27, 2017
What does my gender identity and/or sexual orientation have to do with that?

Tax breaks, imports, health, company raise due to trickle down corporate tax breaks I lucked out on. I actually was able to afford my first solo vacation for once. I'm actually doing fairly well all things considered. And since you asked, and some of you already know, I might even start HRT this year since I can afford things now. I'm not going to lie, things are going well for me, the President has something to do with that. I didn't vote for him, I don't love him, I don't hate him. I respect that YMMV. And yes, trickle down economics are bullshit and I merely lucked out, I admit it.
Things worked out for you, regardless of Trump. And just know that Trump and his supporters would rather see you hanged by your own intestines in the village square than shake your hand.

DrKelpo

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Two exhausting, frightening and repulsive years. People were expecting a shitty time with Trump as President, but I don't think many people were expecting it to be this bad. This man made the world a worse place than two years ago.

If there ever was any naive hope that racism would become a smaller problem with time, the last two years have made it shockingly clear how big of a problem it still is in the US.
Hey kids, did you ever wonder how Hitler, the war and the holocaust were possible. Well, we have a reenactment today. Not exactly the same situation of course, but the methods and tactics are the same. I bet there are millions today who would kill for Trump and millions who would stand by and look.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's been exhausting. It's also been eye-opening. Seeing the right wing kissing this bastard's ass for years. Seeing them cheer for him. They have no principals. They have no morals. They only have words that they do not stand by.

(I had known this for years, but seeing it on display every single day for years is maddening.)

Status
Not open for further replies.