• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
I'm really surprised at the staying power of this game for me. Game looks beautiful on the 1X (great death animations), the gunplay is top notch, it has REALLY fun game modes (Gunfight is brilliant), and even though the maps are hit or miss, the game is just pure entertainment.

Short games, long games, big teams in Ground War, 1v1, it has it all.

How about some snipers-only 3v3 Gunfight? Sure, why not? I suck at sniping, but somehow I adore this (temporary?)mode. And it's teaching me to snipe better.

I love the fact that they ditched the gimmicky Operators from recent past. Boots on the ground, no wall running.

I can't remember the last time I got quick scoped in this.

Game is fun as hell.

Last edited:

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
It's the first CoD game I've really enjoyed and have put a good amount of time into. I know many hardcore fans have gripes with its gameplay, but I love it.

Biteren

Oct 29, 2017
it is fun

just wish it wasnt such a glutton when it comes to the storage size of it

Oct 26, 2017
It really is great. I had to bail out of most online discussion about it though. There's a lot of complaining and moaning about campers.

Deleted member 3183

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's pretty legit. I'm super pumped for when/if we get the battle royale. With the mechanics from this CoD transplanted into a BR? That's good shit.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Worst map design ever. The gunplay is really good, but everything else goes from meh to really bad.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
I'm having a great time as well. Haven't been this into a CoD since MW2. Lots of options and game modes I haven't tried yet like Ground War. Gunfight is awesome though. Looking forward to the BR mode.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
I agree, first cod I have enjoyed since Black Ops easily.

hope MW2 is just as great and the Black Ops reboot is as high quality.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
It's the first Cod I've been really into since I was in high school but I really wish they're remove skill based matchmaking, it's fucking awful. That and the poor map design are its major flaws.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
It's a bug riddled mess and has many problems.

The moment to moment gameplay is pretty solid though.
Worst map design ever. The gunplay is really good, but everything else goes from meh to really bad.
Pretty much this. The map designers on MW2019 did an extremely bad job, especially with the vanilla maps. Spawns are terrible, too. Guns feel good, but as with most newer Call of Duty games, there's a high RPM, low recoil rifle with good damage and great handling that dunks on all other weapons in its class. Seeing the M4 in damn near every match got old quick.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I enjoy the gunplay a lot, and Gunfight is great, but the map design in general really soured me on it, to a point where any time I'm thinking about playing MW these days, I end up just playing Battlefield V instead. I'll go back to the game in a heartbeat if I ever find out that the map design, spawning, and overarching gameplay have been tweaked to my liking.

Can't wait for Warzone though. I'm hoping that that shit is radical. The leaked details describe a game that appeals directly to me.

dipship31

Oct 26, 2017
There's definitely issues with it but I'm with the OP. First time I've enjoyed a COD in a long while and the look/feel/sound made it feel like the first true next gen COD for me. Everything up to this point felt like the 360 versions just a bit better looking

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
How is the campaign? Haven't played a MW game since MW2, my favorite part of shooters has always been the campaign, but I couldn't really justify $60 for 10-15 hours of Gameplay.

Net_Wrecker

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who was looking to MW2019 to get back into CoD I found the game to be a confused mess with incredibly frustrating design choices and maps. The core feel and gun mechanics are great, but everything else bugged the hell out of me.

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
Really fun game but the maps are holding it back. Also please stop forcing me to rest the game every day.

Megamind.

Nov 18, 2019
I find myself enjoying realism mode a lot.

As with any CoD and most shooters snipers are way over powered still. I wish they would tone that down.

The map rotation sucks ass though

Oct 26, 2017
It's a blast, but I hate that they took realism mode away. It was so addicting
How is the campaign? Haven't played a MW game since MW2, my favorite part of shooters has always been the campaign, but I couldn't really justify $60 for 10-15 hours of Gameplay.

It's fine, it's like a B-Tier CoD campaign. Not as good as CoD4 or MW2's, but a lot better than MW3.

Deleted member 4260

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spec Ops is shit and the maps are generally not good. Still fine enough though, but I haven't played in a while.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately for you, op... I disagree with you.

List of things I like about mw2019
+GUNPLAY

List of things I hate about MW2019
-Fucking maps encouraging camping
-TTK
-Bugs
-spec ops is a huge missed opportunity
-Matchmaking is a mediocre (for connections AND skill matching)

I am absolutely disappointed in this game after coming off of a COD hiatus of almost a decade.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
Gunfight is the best thing they could have done.
It scratches my HC S&D hitch (it's not really fun to play S&D in this because half the maps are really weird for it).

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, I've spent more time with it than with previous games (since Black Ops 1 I think). Gunplay feels great and that's what matters.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I couldn't stand it but I haven't played since the first couple weeks at launch, any changes or balancing made since then?

I'll definitely check out Warzone, though.

Bardeh

Jun 15, 2018
It feels good to play, but the TTK is absurd even for CoD and the maps are mostly ass. The Battle Royale should solve both of those problems though, and will hopefully retain the excellent gun feel. I'm excited for it.

SimplyComplex

May 23, 2018
It's the most addictive COD game since Black Ops 3.

Wish the maps were better and there were more of them, but that's my only complaint.

Fantomex

Oct 25, 2017
This motherfucking game is nothing but updates. I play the game, go make a sandwich, and come back and there's a patch or update. I put the console in rest mode, it's set to do this automatically, but it can't even keep up. This is the first call of duty I've played in maybe 5 years, and I don't know how you brave souls put up with this.

WolfForager

Oct 27, 2017
Me and the lads are playing it nearly every night, haven't liked a COD game this much since COD4.

Some of the maps are a bit meh, but other than that it's top notch.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's the best looking and sounding CoD with the best feeling gunplay but the worst maps ever, and some of the worst mechanics ever. It looks good but the actual movement feels sluggish and slow and promotes slow play. I like my arcade shooters to be fast and I associate CoD with arcade shooters.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Staying power?
Wasnt this game like just released....it should still be holding a top spot till atleast the next COD is dropped.

Rainbow Six Siege being in the top ten is a true testament to staying power.
Heck Black Ops 4 is still in the top 15.

EliR

Banned
Jan 22, 2020
I just wish CoD became more of what I fell in love with in the early 2000s. A GOOD multi-character story driven cinematic shooter in World War 2 setpieces. Everything went downhill with the first Modern Warfare. Terrible, terrible game.

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
Shame it never came out on Steam. I don't play enough CoD multiplayer to buy it at launch but a steam sale would've easily triggered my hoarder tendencies lol.

Zombie

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Best since Black Ops 2 and could have been one of the very best if it weren't for the vast majority of the 6v6 maps being some of the worst of the entire series. Thankfully I primarily play Gunfight where the maps are all pretty good with the exception of one or two. I hope Treyarch takes this game into consideration the same way they did with the original Modern Warfare going into World at War, however given that they've been forced to turn it around in 2 years after Activision took SHG out of the cycle I wouldn't be surprised if we get another game based off of Black Ops 3's systems again like 4 was.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Keep hearing great things about the MP that I feel I should give it another shot. I've probably played a few hours of the MP and enjoyed the modes I've played, but I'm just so below average at these type of games that it's hard to not get a bit demoralized. No fault of the game, but it does remind me how awful I am at FPS games in multiplayer.