• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
So for context, Ash was facing off against Kukui in an exhibition match following Ash being crowned the Champion of Alola.

Now, while Kukui technically isn't a Champion in either the games or the show, he is very much on the level of characters like Cynthia and Steven.

In addition to that, Tapu Koko, the Guardian Diety of Melemele Island (a Legendary), decided to join Kukui just so it could fight against Ash and Pikachu.

It was the last of "Kukui's" Pokémon (after knocking away Kukui's Pelipper) and Pikachu was Ash's last Pokémon.

It and the other Guardian Deities all came together so Kukui and Ash could use Z-Moves (the 7th gen special mechanic, similar to Megas and now Dynamax/Gigantamax), since Kukui's Incineroar and Ash's Torracat used Inferno Overdrive just before.

What resulted was this

Last edited:

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
JoyousDangerousHyrax-size_restricted.gif

Somebody please add that theme from the Ultra Instinct scenes.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
It's not that great. They can only redeem themselves with a world tournament that solely focuses on Ash, his travels, his rivalries, and especially Gary, but they screwed that last pooch long ago. If they wanted any epicness to Ash, it was wasted or used long ago before it was of any use.

Red

Oct 26, 2017
This season looks great. The studio is having a lot
of fun and it shows.

OP
OP
Busaiku

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Trainer-Pokémon Kamehameha.

It's cool and all, but Tapu Koko is electric so... Anime, I guess *shrugs*
It's still a 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt in Electric Terrain.
Even a Calm, 31 IV, 252 Special Defense and HP, Tapu Koko takes 20% from a 0 IV, 0 Special Attack, Pikachu (Ash's Pikachu is always Hardy).
It goes up to a maximum of 95% if Tapu Koko has nothing on Special Defense/HP.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
can someone more talented than me make a gif of that part where pikachu becomes super saiyan and then unleashes the "kamehameha"?

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even a Calm, 31 IV, 252 Special Defense and HP, Tapu Koko takes 20% from a 0 IV, 0 Special Attack, Pikachu (Ash's Pikachu is always Hardy).
You forgot to add the assault vest brother

Alec

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
I love this comment.

Canyon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
The show looks fantastic, I might have to watch it!

What's with Charizard wearing a chastity belt?

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Remember Ash's Pikachu is special and the power of their bond makes their attack even 10 times stronger!

Jon_Sama

Aug 19, 2018
Call me boring but I preferred when pokémon was more grounded (yeah I know) & didn't involve stereotypical shounen stuff like the z-moves & mega evos are.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
This was pretty bad. The Tapu threw a single punch and Pikachu just kinda squinted at it?

This is the longest clip from SuMo I've seen. Everything looks really good except Ash. He looks so bad, and that doesn't even make sense because everything else looks great.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok real question. What the hell is going on with the human faces in that show? That art style is something.

Black_Red

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, that was SO bad.

I miss the XYZ anime :(

Yeah pretty much, the dude deserves it though. He won every match of the League and all of his Alolan Pokemon Rivals, plus a legendary and his mentor
Well, the league consisted of people that just started their pokemon journey and no one had a full team lol. It would be rediculous if he didnt win.

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017
Amazing.

Sun & Moon has been the best. The bit where he talks to Pikachu about all the things he learned in the region and the people he met was A+, cuz part of what made this season so special to me at least was that he actually took the time to become a part of the region in a real way.

Oct 27, 2017
I...just really don't like Aoloa. I don't like regional forms, or z-moves, or this half assed tournament. I'm glad he won, even though I consider it as much of a win as the Orange Islands. I'll give them that the animation is awesome

GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017
Goddamn that was cool, I want to say Infernape VS Electivire was better mostly because of story build up but I'm not so sure.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Well, the league consisted of people that just started their pokemon journey and no one had a full team lol. It would be rediculous if he didnt win.
Interesting you brought up Xy when we had contestants in the league here who participated in the kalos league. But nah I guess they're all beginners 🙄

Oct 25, 2017
That is hype as hell but I'd rank some XY/XYZ parts as the best in the series as the "greatest moment", this is top tier for sure at least.

At least Satoshi finally got the respect he deserves.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Frankly, I didn't expect him to actually win against Kukui as well. I guess this entire past month has been a victory lap for Ash lol.