• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
Im good. I have enough shit on my PC with Steam, Uplay, GoG, and Origin. They want to do shit like this they can count me out.

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan

Because buying in one spot with no other choices is competition.

/s

Just because people accept it on a closed system doesn't mean it should be accepted on an open platform considering - consumer side it isn't competition. Its only good for the devs (which yes because they offer something different then industry standard when it comes to a cut), consumers will see nothing. Considering some countries can't even buy it from their shop. So yea how is that "competition". One choice, where some can't even buy from their shop. Can't buy means blocked. Some countries can't afford US prices either.

I do not welcome the dark ages of PC gaming in the early 2000s and older. No thank you please.

Also playing a game is a whole different story then buying a game on PC.

Yea most games require steam to run (some games that are only on steam do not require it), but buying wise you have different places to buy a game that redeems on it. Steam doesn't see money from those third party sites FYI because keys are generated for free (wow steam doesn't charge for key generation!)

PC exclusives is just the old shirt from the dark ages in a new color.