Ashen, Announced as Coming to Steam and the Win10 Store, Now Exclusive to the Epic Store on PC *Update* Game Director Responds - Win10 Coming ASAP

Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck.

Was gonna play this game with Gamepass. Well, that's a no from me then. What a shitty move.
Ugly move by Epic and also quite a fuck you at Microsoft who supported this game with the incredible [email protected] program and now they suddenly drop Play Anywhere because Epic pays more. I will begin the game this weekend on Game Pass on the X but I'm not happy about this situation at all and I fear it might sour my experience a little.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even get why this matters. Just buy the fucking game and play it on your computer.

I buy pretty much everything anymore on whatever site has the lowest price for a key.

Nov 2, 2017
It’s why Ms gotta buy these devs. They ain’t loyal. Lol

Honestly you can hate it now but it’s giving devs power. Better for gamers in the long run.

Oct 28, 2017
I'd wait until confirmation before assuming that the game is exclusive to Epic rather than exclusive to play right now on Epic. It could still be coming to those other stores at a later date.

Jan 21, 2018
lol you didn't seem to care in the TGA thread when it was happening to other games, just when it affected gamepass and something you cared about.
I wouldn't care if I was planning on buying the game. I wanted to try the game via Gamepass. Still think it doesn't matter which store I download something from. I don't care if it's Microsoft Store, Steam, Epic Store, Origin, etc.

Just.. I was expecting to play this game included in my subscription. And on release day they mention it's exclusive.

Jan 21, 2018
I don't even get why this matters. Just buy the fucking game and play it on your computer.

I buy pretty much everything anymore on whatever site has the lowest price for a key.
Imagine something being announced for Netflix, but at the day of release it suddenly is exclusive as a paid download at a new video platform. I paid for this subscription with Ashen as one of the games I was going to play.

Ryne

Oct 25, 2017
Are we able to do that with the Epic store?

I won't use the store for now since I will have to pay more for games. It's not in my currency, and it does not appear you can shop around on other sites just yet.

Oct 25, 2017
Guess this is what happens when you use your money for something useful instead of 20 beta projects that most people don't care about.

Tain

Oct 25, 2017
If this happened with a console game this forum would be on fire with rage right now. But instead epic will be considered a good guy for...some reason.
I really don't think that'll happen. The reaction's been pretty negative so far, as it should be. I generally like what Epic's been doing since UE4 came out, but late-exclusivity like this (especially without any indication as to whether it's timed or not) definitely sucks.

Oct 27, 2017
Is this more about the developers move to get more percentage than Epic making a deal? I still think it's coming to Windows Store and Steam, maybe just a short timed exclusive.

Epic to acquire PS, Nintendo and Xbox next.
That would be quite EPIC.

Jan 21, 2018
Wow, excellent. I'll play this this weekend.
How is it great that a publisher makes something (timed) exclusive on launch day? And even making people that are paying for a subscription, where the game was going to be on, excluded from playing the game?

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
What happened to player choice. Oh right, gotta throw money at everything.

Don't win over people with good features, just make games exclusive.