• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck.

Was gonna play this game with Gamepass. Well, that's a no from me then. What a shitty move.

Ugly move by Epic and also quite a fuck you at Microsoft who supported this game with the incredible ID@Xbox program and now they suddenly drop Play Anywhere because Epic pays more. I will begin the game this weekend on Game Pass on the X but I'm not happy about this situation at all and I fear it might sour my experience a little.

Allforce

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't even get why this matters. Just buy the fucking game and play it on your computer.

I buy pretty much everything anymore on whatever site has the lowest price for a key.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Lame as fuck on Epic's part

Looks like we're going to have to deal with this garbage from now on.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wait, how exactly are they claiming "Epic store exclusive" when it's also on the Windows Store?

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
It's why Ms gotta buy these devs. They ain't loyal. Lol

Honestly you can hate it now but it's giving devs power. Better for gamers in the long run.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
I'd wait until confirmation before assuming that the game is exclusive to Epic rather than exclusive to play right now on Epic. It could still be coming to those other stores at a later date.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
lol you didn't seem to care in the TGA thread when it was happening to other games, just when it affected gamepass and something you cared about.

I wouldn't care if I was planning on buying the game. I wanted to try the game via Gamepass. Still think it doesn't matter which store I download something from. I don't care if it's Microsoft Store, Steam, Epic Store, Origin, etc.

Just.. I was expecting to play this game included in my subscription. And on release day they mention it's exclusive.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, how exactly are they claiming "Epic store exclusive" when it's also on the Windows Store?

It's not now.

QTp790L.png

What'd it say before?

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
I don't even get why this matters. Just buy the fucking game and play it on your computer.

I buy pretty much everything anymore on whatever site has the lowest price for a key.

Imagine something being announced for Netflix, but at the day of release it suddenly is exclusive as a paid download at a new video platform. I paid for this subscription with Ashen as one of the games I was going to play.

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Are we able to do that with the Epic store?

I won't use the store for now since I will have to pay more for games. It's not in my currency, and it does not appear you can shop around on other sites just yet.

Deleted member 7948

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Guess this is what happens when you use your money for something useful instead of 20 beta projects that most people don't care about.

BobZhn

Nov 17, 2017
SE Asia
Epic putting all that Fortnite money to good use.

GabeN got a fight on his hands now, better put those knives to good use too.

Deleted member 2620

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If this happened with a console game this forum would be on fire with rage right now. But instead epic will be considered a good guy for...some reason.

I really don't think that'll happen. The reaction's been pretty negative so far, as it should be. I generally like what Epic's been doing since UE4 came out, but late-exclusivity like this (especially without any indication as to whether it's timed or not) definitely sucks.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
Well, already hating this new store. Was looking forward to playing this with Game Pass.

What a shitty thing to do.

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
What happened to player choice. Oh right, gotta throw money at everything.

Don't win over people with good features, just make games exclusive.