• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Recommend to watch the interview. Some nice stuff in there. Happy to hear that the MP joining also can be set to friends only so you only friends will automatically will join your world.

ElderlyDefinitiveIchneumonfly-max-14mb.gif

-Open World game. Mix of dungeon crawler and big expansive open world with giants flying through the sky.

-Passive multiplayer. No lobby. People run in and out of your world. Get to far from eachother you dissconnect will search for something new. Can be set to friends only also

-Started with 3 people on the game. Team now at 38 people. With the full funding now they can achieve their full vision of the game now.

-No swords in the game. Wanted do it abit different. Harsh world also so would be "unrealistic" to use that much metal for a sword.

-All weapons can be upgraded to power levels of eachother. So if you like one specific Axe because you can do a backflip with it. You can keep upgrading it and using it.

-The game is all about the town. When you play you do quests for NPC etc. They will join your town. Starts off arround a campfire and then builds into a real town with houses offering crafting etc

-Players that will join your game in multiplayer. Will look like NPC"s from your town

-When you die you will lose your currency you have on you. Can get it back from where you died.

-Multiplayer is max 2 people. Took inspiration from Journey.

-The Giant in the gif above is a Mermaid named Giffen. Just one of the big giants in the game.

-Alots of Lore. When you start the game there is no sun. There is big explosion and as long as people can remember there is light and you fight to keep that light in the world

-Windows 10 and Xbox. Expected to release Q3/Q4 of this year

Last edited:

Aaronmac

Nov 12, 2017
Game looks damn cool for sure. I'll probably pick it up. I love that gigantic lady with the bone mask; such a cool design and set piece/character.

Hexer

Oct 30, 2017
Yesss!!! That giant mermaid looks awesome. Can't wait to play this. Gimme that release date please! :D

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
-Open World game. Mix of dungeon crawler and big expansive open world with giants flying through the sky.

-Passive multiplayer. No lobby. People run in and out of your world. Get to far from eachother you dissconnect will search for something new. Can be set to friends only also

-Started with 3 people on the game. Team now at 38 people. With the full funding now they can achieve their full vision of the game now.

-No swords in the game. Wanted do it abit different. Harsh world also so would be "unrealistic" to use that much metal for a sword.

-All weapons can be upgraded to power levels of eachother. So if you like one specific Axe because you can do a backflip with it. You can keep upgrading it and using it.

-The game is all about the town. When you play you do quests for NPC etc. They will join your town. Starts off arround a campfire and then builds into a real town with houses offering crafting etc

-Players that will join your game in multiplayer. Will look like NPC"s from your town

-When you die you will lose your currency you have on you. Can get it back from where you died.

-Multiplayer is max 2 people. Took inspiration from Journey.

-The Giant in the gif above is a Mermaid named Giffen. Just one of the big giants in the game.

-Alots of Lore. When you start the game there is no sun. There is big explosion and as long as people can remember there is light and you fight to keep that light in the world

-Windows 10 and Xbox. Expected to release Q3/Q4 of this year

Lux86

Oct 27, 2017
That's really nice, i'll get this on pc. The only thing i still want to know is if you can create your own character.

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That developer interview was fantastic. Some of the things it's doing with it's world and mechanics sound really innovative and the game seems an absolute labour of love. Day one for sure.

Also, Annapurna Interactive are secretly the best publisher in the world right now.

Jingo

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Looks great but damm this a delayed game as fuqq it was supose to come out last year and we dont even have a exact date besides q3 or q4?

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Looks great but damm this a delayed game as fuqq it was supose to come out last year and we dont even have a exact date besides q3 or q4?
Got picked up by a publisher. So they suddenly could make it bigger really. So that extended that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
That developer interview was fantastic. Some of the things it's doing with it's world and mechanics sound really innovative and the game seems an absolute labour of love. Day one for sure.

Also, Annapurna Interactive are secretly the best publisher in the world right now.
I love the idea of real players in your world are looking like a NPC from your world.

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I love the idea of real players in your world are looking like a NPC from your world.

Yeah, when he talked about how the NPC that gives you a treasure quest is actually another player I thought that sounded awesome. I've got really high hopes for this game. Wishing the devs all the best now were getting into crunch time, after five years the end is in sight for them.

Talus

Banned
Dec 9, 2017
Well thats the weird thing. If you look on the steam page of the game its says as a requirement Windows 10.
And he said himself also W10 and Xbox. And not PC and Xbox. In the interview.
It's likely a DX12 only game. Just because a game is on Steam doesn't mean every developer will have a DX11 backup renderer.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Well thats the weird thing. If you look on the steam page of the game its says as a requirement Windows 10.
And he said himself also W10 and Xbox. And not PC and Xbox. In the interview.
You're right actually I didn't check the requirements.

Well that's a pretty dumb decision on their part then.

MCN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
I saw the title and I thought of this guy:

MV5BMzk3MzExMTY2N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjIxNjM2NzE@._V1_UY317_CR54,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

I'm now bitterly disappointed that there isn't a game where you review cheap tat on an old brown sofa.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Been looking forward to this since it was unveiled a few years back. The little taste we saw last year looked really rough though. Ha vent watched this but had to chime in after seeing that op gif, LORDY!

Lnds500

Oct 27, 2017
Wow. I remembered that game yesterday. I am kinda annoyed that they haven't announced if it is a timed exclusive or not.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Look really, really neat. I hope they've been given enough time to make it cool.

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
all I can hear is
handmaid.jpg

"Ashen One..."

Funny enough it does look like a Souls-like, is that cursory judgment incorrect? Looks fun.

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
I'm glad someone finally decided to remake the cult classic N-Gage game, Ashen.

Ashen_N-Gage_cover_art.jpg

SENPAIatLARGE

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got hands on with it, and imo it's way to slow. It's combat and movement feel slower than DS1 and it suffers for it. The world is cool and some weapons like the throwable spear are fun. Also, designing some areas to only be opened with another player is a headscratching decision

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
I got hands on with it, and imo it's way to slow. It's combat and movement feel slower than DS1 and it suffers for it. The world is cool and some weapons like the throwable spear are fun. Also, designing some areas to only be opened with another player is a headscratching decision
I was sitting at that thing for 5 min at PAX wondering what to do