• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

Especially watch this interview on Mixer is longer and more gameplay. Looks really good. Love the world with the big beasts in the sky. Awesome enemies to. Game looks really good. Is done really and is coming in 2018. Just no date yet.

Starts at 6:25:09

https://mixer.com/Mixer?vod=38247161

Oct 27, 2017
Back in 2015, besides Cuphead, this was my indie highlight of Xbox's conference and of E3 2015 in general and I was totally captivated by it. Has the extent of their exclusivity been clarified lately?

Related, is there still no release date for Below?!

X1 Two

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Back in 2015, besides Cuphead, this was my indie highlight of E3 2015 and I was totally captivated by it. Has the extent of their exclusivity been clarified lately?

Ashen is only a launch exclusive and coming to Game Pass day 1. It's one of those "we are too small to do a PS4 port parallel" devs, so PS4 should come a few months later.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So many damn good games. I need to make sure this doesn't slip under my radar.

Oct 26, 2017
Ahh I really want this, can't wait.

Back in 2015, besides Cuphead, this was my indie highlight of Xbox's conference and of E3 2015 in general and I was totally captivated by it. Has the extent of their exclusivity been clarified lately?

Below is one of those games that I'm convinced it came out 3 years ago and sucked even though I know it hasn't and it looks great.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
Haven't kept up with this, so I expected something to do with this guy:
StuartAshens_Gamechild.jpg

I leave a tad disappointed.

KCroxtonJr

Oct 28, 2017
I forgot about this game, last thing I remember is them saying they chose to not have any swords in the game, even going as far as coming up with lore as to why there are none. Wonder if they stuck with that. Anyways, looking forward to this!

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
That Mixer gameplay has some great looking enemies and enviroments. Hot damn.

GameChanger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This looks great. It completely went under my radar. So many great games coming out and very little time to play them.

Jingo

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Another souls like that looks great, yet people dont care cause its not souls, they prefer going to Sekiro tread complain about the new game not being souls like, go figure.

TwoCoins

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Houston Tx
Souls game? I knew it was but forget about it. Is the game made by the people who did Absolver? The art style reminds me of it.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Love how the town evolves from a little camp to a little village.

Good to see some other places also like this.

Dfr-ti_VMAI9U6p.jpg

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
That kind of tracking mid jump seen on the gif always annoys me. I'm looking forward to this though, I think it looks promising overall.

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
I'm on era a ton and a huge souls fan and I'm just finding out about this game. Weiiiiiiiiiiiird.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I'm in for it.

Did think the dev was terrible at explaining the story of the game.

Yeah story is pretty easy tho. People lived in darkness as long as the could remember. Something happened and there was for the first time light. People go exploring but quick come to realize the darkness covered up alot crazy things in the world. Good and bad. At the end you just try to survive and build your settlement and go uncover a "secret"

ry-dog

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope this game does exceptionally well, New Zealand has quite a lot of game studios, but they all make mobile games (outside of DayZ creators new studio).

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Look neat. Far cry from what I thought it would be when the first screenshots came out back when.

Does Keighly ever talk in depth about games he plays? I feel like I only ever see him as an interviewer.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017

That had some interesting bits at the end.

-Designed for co-op, but you can play it all by yourself if you want (much harder, some perks designed to assist you)
-AI companions available if you don't want to play with another person
-AI companions will learn (example being a boss uses an AOE attack and the AI gets hit the first time. The second time he'll know the back away when the boss does a particular animation).

The combat in general doesn't look nearly as tense as a Soulsborne game, but that boss fight was pretty cool. I liked that it was a normal sized creature, it was set in the dark so you have to use your lights, it was climbing all over the place, and there was some environmental destruction during the fight.

This is shaping up quite well, I look forward to seeing more of it.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
That had some interesting bits at the end.

-Designed for co-op, but you can play it all by yourself if you want (much harder, some perks designed to assist you)
-AI companions available if you don't want to play with another person
-AI companions will learn (example being a boss uses an AOE attack and the AI gets hit the first time. The second time he'll know the back away when the boss does a particular animation).

The combat in general doesn't look nearly as tense as a Soulsborne game, but that boss fight was pretty cool. I liked that it was a normal sized creature, it was set in the dark so you have to use your lights, it was climbing all over the place, and there was some environmental destruction during the fight.

This is shaping up quite well, I look forward to seeing more of it.
Intrested about that "drunken master" fighting and doing back flips of enemies. This is the real start of the game what we see. Intrested how it it is further in the game.