• Welcome to ResetEra 2.0! Guests should now be able to save their dark or light theme preferences, found on the left sidebar.

Ashen - Launch trailer

Oct 26, 2017
so is it possible to intentionally meet up with a friend? i know that in journey there are ways to game the system but there is no developer-intended way to do so.

Oct 25, 2017
so is it possible to intentionally meet up with a friend? i know that in journey there are ways to game the system but there is no developer-intended way to do so.
Yes, you can make your session only allow friends with a specific code to enter your world. Anyone else who has the code and joins can also be entered in your matchmaking pool, but there's a max of 2 players in a single world at a time.

You can also turn off the multiplayer completely and an A.I. will take control of the second character if you'd like.

Oct 26, 2017
Yes, you can make your session only allow friends with a specific code to enter your world. Anyone else who has the code and joins can also be entered in your matchmaking pool, but there's a max of 2 players in a single world at a time.

You can also turn off the multiplayer completely and an A.I. will take control of the second character if you'd like.
sweet...this may have just turned into a buy for me.

Oct 27, 2017
From what I've read, they are including an option for it to match you with your friends instead of randoms. I was actually just double checking this earlier today because my hype levels would also drop way down for random passive co-op only.

Found a different article that's a tiny bit more specific:
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...-will-be-out-by-the-end-of-this-year-says-dev
If you'd rather team up with a real-life friend, however, Aurora44 has also implemented a password filter system similar to that used in Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne.

Edit, lol of course someone else beat me to the info while I was searching and typing. XD

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know if this is a full priced $60 title? A shadow drop makes me feel it might be less, which would make it an instabuy instead of wait for reviews.

edit: Looks like it'l be $39.99, not bad.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Ya I discussed this during our podcast with the Ashen folks and you can indeed do a friends code style mp in the game if you want a specific person. Its a bit odd as a system but at least its there

Oct 27, 2017

Ah, thanks for the explanation. Made me hype for this game again.