• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
so is it possible to intentionally meet up with a friend? i know that in journey there are ways to game the system but there is no developer-intended way to do so.

Zeta Ori

Oct 25, 2017
NY
so is it possible to intentionally meet up with a friend? i know that in journey there are ways to game the system but there is no developer-intended way to do so.

Yes, you can make your session only allow friends with a specific code to enter your world. Anyone else who has the code and joins can also be entered in your matchmaking pool, but there's a max of 2 players in a single world at a time.

You can also turn off the multiplayer completely and an A.I. will take control of the second character if you'd like.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
Yes, you can make your session only allow friends with a specific code to enter your world. Anyone else who has the code and joins can also be entered in your matchmaking pool, but there's a max of 2 players in a single world at a time.

You can also turn off the multiplayer completely and an A.I. will take control of the second character if you'd like.

sweet...this may have just turned into a buy for me.

Aranjah

Oct 27, 2017
From what I've read, they are including an option for it to match you with your friends instead of randoms. I was actually just double checking this earlier today because my hype levels would also drop way down for random passive co-op only.

Found a different article that's a tiny bit more specific:
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...-will-be-out-by-the-end-of-this-year-says-dev
If you'd rather team up with a real-life friend, however, Aurora44 has also implemented a password filter system similar to that used in Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne.

Edit, lol of course someone else beat me to the info while I was searching and typing. XD

Zeta Ori

Oct 25, 2017
NY
Basically if you have any questions about the game, this video from the publisher goes over pretty much everything you might ask:

CrazyAndy

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks great. Don't have an Xbox or gaming PC though so I hope my laptop can run this...

Zelda

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know if this is a full priced $60 title? A shadow drop makes me feel it might be less, which would make it an instabuy instead of wait for reviews.

edit: Looks like it'l be $39.99, not bad.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dyashen

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
Seems it's no longer XPA + for me ready for download!
JPEG_20181207_010452.jpg

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ya I discussed this during our podcast with the Ashen folks and you can indeed do a friends code style mp in the game if you want a specific person. Its a bit odd as a system but at least its there

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How have I never heard of this?

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
its downloading super slow for some reason, but it's going. So excited for this

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
I'm pissed. It was shown as a Windows 10 Play Anywhere game all the damn time. And now it only shows the Xbox version?

Deleted member 19996

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm in. There is a 1080p option in the settings if anyone is wondering. Such a beautiful looking game. Love the wooden character designs

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada

Ah, thanks for the explanation. Made me hype for this game again.