• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
anyone down to play on Xbox? Ishineupmost.. just found out about this game.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
How do I get this game to open on my TV and not my desk monitor?

Usually when I set my TV as the primary in windows games open on it (unless they have a display device option then it just opens up on whichever is picked). I have to manually go and choose Windowed mode, move it over, go back into the options and full screen it again while on the other screen. Googling has been no help as every permutation I try just brings random BeamNG issues and I can't find anything in the configs to change the monitor. If this was on Steam then I could Big Picture it and get it working but I can't even add the .exe to Steam...

EDIT: NVM, I could add the exe to steam, it just doesn't show up if your have you games sorted by "recent".
EDIT2: Though that doesn't solve the issue either...

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Fiddling about I did find a work around. The game opens on the left most display device, regardless of primary display. So I can just rearrange the order so my TV is on the left in the Windows display settings. Not ideal, and still a hassle, but much easier than having to launch the game, go to the options, select windowed mode, lower the resolution so I can grab the window, move to my other screen, change the option to fullscreen, change the resolution back to 1080p and then play.

GoaThief

Oct 25, 2017
I'm on the last boss months ago and cannot best her at all :( - when you're there I'd be down to try and sync up so I can finally beat this awesome game. On Xbox
I think I'm in the final area, a couple of questlines to tidy up and if you're still stuck I'll give it a go with you (haven't seen it yet).

Love this game, seems to have slipped under the radar a little.

John Harker

Knows things...
Oct 27, 2017
Santa Destroy
Is it free? Just noticed a huge patch.

I never beat Sissna. I gave up.
Such a bummer because I loved the game, but she's too much for me solo and I've nevet managed to have a Rando join me no matter how long I waited (Xbox)

oracledragon

Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow! I had no idea that they were going to release DLC for this game... total surprise (for me, at least). Very excited to go back to this world!

dosh

Oct 25, 2017
Wondering why it auto downloaded 6gigs then
I guess to allow DLC players and non-DLC players to join each other games still.

Dark Souls did the same: when Artorias of the Abyss was released, its content was included in a patch so that you could still summon anyone, whether you owned the DLC or not.

sym30l1c

Oct 25, 2017
Huge update probably included stuff for the DLC, but you can't access the DLC only with the update (checked yesterday).
The download for the DLC itself, after buying it, is only a few hundreds MB.

sym30l1c

Oct 25, 2017
Amy impressions of the DLC?

DLC is quite short. You can probably finish it in 2-4 hours depending on how much you explore and how much you die. There are some new enemies and quite annoying ones, and the checkpoints are very few, so if you make a mistake and die, it becomes quite annoying to have to go through a good chunk of map again.
Final boss is extremely easy. I had a maxed out character from my playthrough and defeated it first try.
Unless you really like the game, I'd say wait for a discount.

Sleepwalker

Oct 29, 2017
Decided to give this a shot and played for a couple of hours. So far, it's really... comfy. I really, really like the main hub. It's a pretty comforting place, the NPC's especially are more friendly and human than the standard Souls-ey cryptic manic laughter fare. I'm digging just chilling around the place and soaking up the atmosphere. The gameplay is standard Souls, so much so that I'm steamrolling through everything lol. All in all, it's a pretty nice experience so far, hope it doesn't fizzle out later.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to give this a shot and played for a couple of hours. So far, it's really... comfy. I really, really like the main hub. It's a pretty comforting place, the NPC's especially are more friendly and human than the standard Souls-ey cryptic manic laughter fare. I'm digging just chilling around the place and soaking up the atmosphere. The gameplay is standard Souls, so much so that I'm steamrolling through everything lol. All in all, it's a pretty nice experience so far, hope it doesn't fizzle out later.

The hub and how evolves is one of the best things in Ashen. Love the musical treatment they give the area as more NPCs settle there.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to grabbing this on PS4 or Switch next week, but you wouldn't know it was even coming out since neither eshop even has a product page for it yet. 🤔

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
So should I pick this game up for PS4 next week? I like souls like games but the art is kinda reminding me of Absolver and am being turned off a bit I guess. Tell me I'm being dumb and if I should get it or not. Thanks.

oh and how long is it?

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
So should I pick this game up for PS4 next week? I like souls like games but the art is kinda reminding me of Absolver and am being turned off a bit I guess. Tell me I'm being dumb and if I should get it or not. Thanks.

oh and how long is it?

Ashen is very much a souls game but with some notable changes: the environments are (mostly) more open, there's a map, quest journal/markers, landscape music, progression tied to gear/relics, an expanding hub town and a more surfaced narrative.

It's also gorgeous.

Game is around 15 hours long without the couple hour DLC.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Gamespot posted a video of the first 20 minutes on PS4.

I'm still not sure whether to grab this on PS4 or Switch. I really do love the portability of the Switch.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
New thread for the new ports:
www.resetera.com

Ashen |OT2| Reborn on PS4, Switch, GOG and Steam

There is a rumble in the distance, and then a light. Through leaking eyes you make out a peak on the horizon, choking the land in a cloud of ash. Nothing ever shone so bright. Platform(s) Windows PC, PlayStation 4, Switch, Xbox One Release Date: Epic Store/Xbox One - December 7th, 2018 PS4...

Status
Not open for further replies.