See you all soon!Anytime there is a post involving Asians and racism on GAF and Era.
1. Rush to downplay the impact of racism against Asians. Some of it is whataboutism, very rarely is it oppression contests, mostly I think it’s part of a larger pattern where Asians are used as a wedge against other POC and marginalized groups.
2. Comparing everything Asian through a lease of weebism. I get that to some extent, that was a gateway to a different part of the world.
3. Bring up that they have an Asian partner and that is some sort of validation to act an expert. Please, fucking stop with that bullshit.
4. General fucking colonialist attitude and condescending towards Asians whenever actual Asians try and explain the issues. Just because your delicate sensibilities get offended that you may have latent racist attitudes doesn’t mean it’s out of the realm of possibility.
5. Rally ‘round the token. If any POC, or member of a marginalized group has a statement or view that is contretemps with the collective POC or marginalized experience, people want to hoist him on a elaborate Oriental palaquin and march that person around like the goddamn Sun God.
The first page had the adult saying don’t touch the stove. The adult said, “Here are the many possible ways this can happen.” The second page someone had managed to touch the stove in all the ways.
Doesn't seem like much lol.