• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
i don't particularly like pickled stuff tbh. i'll eat it but eh

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The cafe downstairs at work is introducing "green onion pancake." I tried it, but it's really more like bread with green onion in it.

OP
OP
Pet

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
The cafe downstairs at work is introducing "green onion pancake." I tried it, but it's really more like bread with green onion in it.

D:

Show them how it's done! Make it at your own desk, and make sure to keep eye contact as you pound that dough.

You might want to try having thin congee, with more water and less rice. I love the salted fish with peanuts as well as century egg with pork.

I like soup with rice in it, but only if the rice is qq,

OP
OP
Pet

Pet

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Also, I found out that I am 1/16th indigenous Taiwanese. Also 1/24th Japanese.

Yeah. I got my results analyzed for people of Chinese descent, and it turns out I am only 89% Han Chinese. I mean, I'm still mostly Han Chinese, but to be 11% something else was shocking. I was expecting to be more like meph (who's like 97% Han Chinese).

Neither of us are Mongolian at all though... which means Genghis Khan took one look at my ancestor and said, even I'm not that desperate.

;p

S-Wind

Nov 4, 2017
Also, I found out that I am 1/16th indigenous Taiwanese. Also 1/24th Japanese.

Yeah. I got my results analyzed for people of Chinese descent, and it turns out I am only 89% Han Chinese. I mean, I'm still mostly Han Chinese, but to be 11% something else was shocking. I was expecting to be more like meph (who's like 97% Han Chinese).

Neither of us are Mongolian at all though... which means Genghis Khan took one look at my ancestor and said, even I'm not that desperate.

;p

Not just Genghis Khan, but every man in his armies as well! :)

lint2015

Oct 27, 2017

Yinyangfooey

Oct 27, 2017
So I got added to the Subtle Asian Dating group, or SAD (lmao)

Man so many beautiful Asian women being auctioned off by their friends in posts to look for a bae LOL

too bad they all seem to live in Canada, NY, or Cali :(

or be like 6ft+ only smh

they are so out of my league ahahaha I can't even compete

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
So I got added to the Subtle Asian Dating group, or SAD (lmao)

Man so many beautiful Asian women being auctioned off by their friends in posts to look for a bae LOL

too bad they all seem to live in Canada, NY, or Cali :(

or be like 6ft+ only smh

they are so out of my league ahahaha I can't even compete

If they need to be auctioned off by their friends, they're probably not worth your time to begin with.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
It reminds me of all those survey threads that pop up in ETC like "Do you wear boxers or briefs?" or "What do you like about your job?" etc.

Like, you wearing a wire man? Why are you trying to aggregate all this data?

Dec 24, 2017
I think it appeals to a limited slice of the Asian diaspora. Just kind of poking around, it looks like all the mods are Chinese? And it seems really geared towards East Asians primarily. Which isnt really unsurprising.

It's not for me. But, I also don't spend much time on Facebook either. It's probably headed down the Nextshark path.

Apoptomon

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Found an article about that SAT group and it's origins. The article also claimed there was a spin off for South Asia called Subtle Curry Traits. Wonder if other clones will pop up.
(Not that it matters to me since I'm not in either and don't use facebook much for more than the Messenger spin-off and birthday reminders, lol).

On another note, with December soon, are any of you doing a christmas-y gathering, and if so would you go for a more western, Asian, or mixed fare? It's my family's turn to host this year and while my mum wants a traditional (western) lunch, i keep kinda wanting to throw in some Asian style snacks too.

S-Wind

Nov 4, 2017
I think it appeals to a limited slice of the Asian diaspora. Just kind of poking around, it looks like all the mods are Chinese? And it seems really geared towards East Asians primarily. Which isnt really unsurprising.

It's not for me. But, I also don't spend much time on Facebook either. It's probably headed down the Nextshark path.

What's the Nextshark path???

OP
OP
Pet

Pet

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
On another note, with December soon, are any of you doing a christmas-y gathering, and if so would you go for a more western, Asian, or mixed fare? It's my family's turn to host this year and while my mum wants a traditional (western) lunch, i keep kinda wanting to throw in some Asian style snacks too.

Both!!!!!!!!! I like mixed fare, and also most importantly, delicious fare.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
We usually cook while people open presents and then we drink the night away.

What we cook is up to whoever sets the day up. We could be making pho, khao poon, or a variety of stir-fry dishes with eggrolls.

S-Wind

Nov 4, 2017
Anyone here knowledgeable about Hong Kong political history?

Here in BC were are in the midst of a referendum on electoral reform. It's our chance to get rid of the shitty first-past-the-post electoral system and adopt proportional representation.

A friend of a friend is from HK, and she is strongly opposed to PR. She says that the Chinese government used PR to "slice and dice the democratic party in HK, the party that was protecting freedom of speech and the rights of the HK people"

This is not an area I know much about (HK politics).

Can anyone fill me in, or point me to some resources?

Thanks!

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
jook is also a pretty good hangover meal.

1:5 rice/water ratio + minced garlic + chicken bits, 25min on high pressure, add pepper/soy/sesame oil to taste, sprinkle fine-chopped spring onions on top. om nom nom.

Dec 24, 2017
Hanging out with a bunch of Korean-Americans. Several of them invite me to their church. I decide to decline in an honest way.

"Thank you for inviting me, but I don't believe in God."

They looked at me like I sacrificed a live animal to summon Satan. Which is silly, because I would need to sacrifice a human virgin for that.

OP
OP
Pet

Pet

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Hanging out with a bunch of Korean-Americans. Several of them invite me to their church. I decide to decline in an honest way.

"Thank you for inviting me, but I don't believe in God."

They looked at me like I sacrificed a live animal to summon Satan. Which is silly, because I would need to sacrifice a human virgin for that.

LOL

I got banned from /r/aznidentity on reddit today. They really hate it when someone points out the rampant sexism :x.

Last edited:

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
azns do

it's too confusing if you live in australia/new zealand tbh