• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
The problem with all of this, is that its really shallow, stupid male posturing. The people who run his school seem very nice. I see them and other people from school at community events wearing their goofy t-shirts and karate pants board breaking and all that business. And that's all good, the people going there, that's their happy place for martial arts. If they wanted something different, they would go somewhere else. It's not like they live in a bubble and don't know what other martial arts are.

I wouldn't bother. The guy's embarrassing enough as it is. No need to embarrass him anymore. Might cause trouble with your friend.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
What if TrailerParkRanger schools him and then he's going to have a bigger hardon for Asians? He's probably going to think, "sugoi!..... He just beat my ass. Asians are so cool and better than I'll ever be. Please take me under your wing!"

Then somebody writes a script about your relationship with this dweeb and you make millions. It'll be a dramedy. Basically trailerparkranger is the protagonist trying to help his friend but she doesn't know. Make a couple of adjustments where trailerparkranger is actually in love with his friend and wanted her to stop dating that weeb, but at the end of the movie she still chooses to be with the weeb.

Part 2 is about trailerparkranger's journey throughout the world where he challenges the Masters of different martial arts but then Trailerparkranger hears about the weeb abusing his girlfriend while he's in Japan and he rushes back to America to save his friend. Trailerparkranger beats the shit out of the weeb but his friend tells him to stop because she LOVES him! Cue trailerparkranger, in a fit of rage, talking about why she would still stay with him and why she would love such a person blah blah blah..... Something something she says that it's because he's everything you're not something something the end. Post-credits scene is trailerparkranger sitting in his house and he receives a call..... From Dominic Toretto.

So who plays trailerparkranger? Ken Jeong. Yes. You heard that right. And yes I am bored lol.

OP
OP
Pet

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
r/aznidentity definitely has it's issues when it comes to misogyny but it's literally the only Asian space where these "uncomfortable" discussions can take place. Otherwise any discussion relating to the very real issues of internalized racism and white worshiping within the Asian diaspora gets completely shut down in spaces like r/asianamerican.

I think there is a place for it, but I disagree completely that it gets shut down in spaces like /r/asianamerican for no reason.

/r/aznidentity is loaded with misogyny and racism, and many of the posts reek of this. It's no wonder that those kinds of posts are shut down immediately in /r/asianamerican. Perhaps if people were able to have uncomfortable discussions without the racism and sexism, then thoes posts would be welcome in aa. IIRC, aznidentity was started by the same group of people of asianmasculinity, a pro-trump pro-red pill for asians place, and it certainly reeks of that.

I don't think it's okay to be so awful. There's no justification for it.

I lost all my appetite for /r/aznidentity when a thread was made where the poster (who was obviously a dude), said that he would "understand" (and sympathize) with Asian men that decided to pick up a gun and start shooting Asian women and white men that were dating each other, on account of seeing so many WMAF relationships.

And you know what? He didn't even get fucking called out for that shit. Completely unacceptable. When you say shit like that and don't even try to correct your own, then you're fucking gone to me.

I get there are problems with /r/asianamerican being very quick to delete/censor/ban (kind of like Reset), so this isn't excusing them. However, I have to say at the very least, I've never seen anything like that.

& btw, I have tried to be an active member of /r/aznidentity, but they WILL shadowban you if you start fighting against the sexism, misogyny, etc. It's 99% a circlejerk for how much they hate Asian women.

Last edited:

Deleted member 907

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's no secret that I lurk r/ai, but I can't ever remember seeing a thread like that and lots of troll threads get deleted all the time. Most of the threads are about how shitty whites are to Asians.

However, I think it's important to that we make the distinction when talking about Asians being "racist" when it comes to this subject because that "racism" is really how anger directed at white supremacy manifests. Calling them "racist" implies that they hold equivalent power and privilege as whites, which we all know is false.

Now r/am? I can totally see how people view it as Asian incels/red pill.

OP
OP
Pet

Pet

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
It's no secret that I lurk r/ai, but I can't ever remember seeing a thread like that and lots of troll threads get deleted all the time. Most of the threads are about how shitty whites are to Asians.

However, I think it's important to that we make the distinction when talking about Asians being "racist" when it comes to this subject because that "racism" is really how anger directed at white supremacy manifests. Calling them "racist" implies that they hold equivalent power and privilege as whites, which we all know is false.

Now r/am? I can totally see how people view it as Asian incels/red pill.

Yes, /ai draws attention to anti-Asian behavior by white people, and I appreciate them for that. I still browse headlines and am glad they're trying to bring attention to the subtle (and not so subtle) racism against Asians. I would love to see more articles about the whole "fuck China" thing that pops up EVERYWHERE - reddit, youtube, etc.

But, /ai and /am literally support each other. The attitudes bleed over. Just look at the "other communities" tab in /ai. am is the first one, then there's that really weird easternsunrising, which last time I checked is full of machismo/hypermasculinity. But, I'm not a dude, so I don't really know how this can be addressed because I think a part of it IS born out of being an Asian male (minority male stereotypes in the west).

&, /ai is full of much more subtle disparaging than am, but it's still there. It's in nearly half the posts, and literally anytime there's discussion about Asian women, it comes up. I'm a chick. Y'all know how I feel about anti-Asian sentiment in many things, but y'all also have to realize that I care a lot about feminism. I think sexism manifests differently sometimes in American and Asian cultures, but sadly it exists in both. Just because I married an Asian guy doesn't mean that Asian women who don't should be talked about like that. It bothers me a lot, as a woman, to see that attitude. I'm too old to special snowflake my way into caring about being "one of the good ones," because I honestly hate that idea.

Like yes I totally agree that there are some serious issues we need to unpack in the western Asian community of women marrying white men because there's self-hating or there's actual racism against Asian men or whatever. TBH I've been really wanting to write about it for awhile-- there's so much to unpack and so much to say.

Lastly, I can't agree with your "racism implies equivalent power and privilege as whites." If you want to define racism as institutional racism and use the word bigotry against other ethnicities, imo it's a technical argument that misses the forest for the trees. I'm talking straight up racism against others - white people, brown people, black people, and even the racism between ethnic groups that are all Asian.

Deleted member 25709

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I made a mistake by linking to /ai without fully understanding the subbreddit. To be honest I don't go there at all. I remembered seeing some criticism against serpentza in the comments of one of his youtube videos a while back so when a video of his popped up here i did a quick search and found that link which I later edited my post to include it. I should have been more careful. Some people on era now thinks i'm a terrible person.

OP
OP
Pet

Pet

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
I made a mistake by linking to /ai without fully understanding the subbreddit. To be honest I don't go there at all. I remembered seeing some criticism against serpentza in the comments of one of his youtube videos a while back so when a video of his popped up here i did a quick search and found that link which I later edited my post to include it. I should have been more careful. Some people on era now thinks i'm a terrible person.

For what it's worth, I don't think people who browse, read, and agree with a lot of the issues /ai mentions are terrible people.

I do think that there's a widespread attitude of misogyny that shouldn't be ignored. The subreddit isn't a bad subreddit per se; it's not like they try to dox people or whatever. But, it's definitely not exempt from the general sexism that pervades many online spaces.

Deleted member 25709

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
For what it's worth, I don't think people who browse, read, and agree with a lot of the issues /ai mentions are terrible people.

I do think that there's a widespread attitude of misogyny that shouldn't be ignored. The subreddit isn't a bad subreddit per se; it's not like they try to dox people or whatever. But, it's definitely not exempt from the general sexism that pervades many online spaces.

Thanks for clearing it up in your posts, I didn't know about the mysogyny stuff either. I don't know if people believe me but anyway, the reaction from that era thread was a bit much for me to take in. I'll be getting off era.

Last edited:

Miletius

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Berkeley, CA
IDK I just went to r/AI and scrolled through, and one of the first threads I saw was about some star of CRA dating a white person and how that makes her a terrible person/fake/worse. I think I can do without that in my life, thank you very much. I don't think people who view that sort of content are terrible people, but I do think that if you consume that as a constant part of your (media) diet then it can lead to you being somewhat of an angry and resentful person. Not everybody, but on average I think that happens.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
Sigh... another online dating fail from me. I thought we had something special there. Can someone tell me where I went wrong from the texts?

g0D8Etx.jpg
Xfamyzp.jpg
s0VPxCB.jpg
CFBpP1M.jpg
6erRoru.jpg
xfETPLX.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pet

Pet

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
IDK I just went to r/AI and scrolled through, and one of the first threads I saw was about some star of CRA dating a white person and how that makes her a terrible person/fake/worse. I think I can do without that in my life, thank you very much. I don't think people who view that sort of content are terrible people, but I do think that if you consume that as a constant part of your (media) diet then it can lead to you being somewhat of an angry and resentful person. Not everybody, but on average I think that happens.

The entire thread is "Asian women that marry white men need to stfu." That's going to be a nope from me.

& the next hottest thread, which is even a "positive" thread, about the lack of Asian male representation in Glamour's sexy 100 list, isn't immune from weird "biotroofs" stuff.

The good thing is that we have the genes and biology to be strongest and fastest, (asides from certain Africans). It's why we dominate the Olympics despite having less effective population than Europe and not employing Africans for our track and field events. (By effective, I mean people who were wellfed growing up, which is not most of Asia.)

Go to the bottom and read up on sportgenes: https://old.reddit.com/r/EasternSunRising/comments/9mu5xf/megapost_examples_of_white_scientists/

The bad thing is that our societies deincentivize the realization of these qualities; and we lack the dietary logistics to pump our people as full of protein as in Europe or America.

Thailand is a lost cause IMO. Only Northern China can save the racial ego of Asia. They're the complete and comprehensive counter to, (and overcoming of), the European Aryan ideal.

I mean come on wtf.

This is some weird fucking machismo cave man shit. "strongest and fastest?" Who the fuck cares my god. At that point you might as well compare penis sizes as some sort of inherent azn pryde characteristic.

Dec 24, 2017
The entire thread is "Asian women that marry white men need to stfu." That's going to be a nope from me.

& the next hottest thread, which is even a "positive" thread, about the lack of Asian male representation in Glamour's sexy 100 list, isn't immune from weird "biotroofs" stuff.

I mean come on wtf.

This is some weird fucking machismo cave man shit. "strongest and fastest?" Who the fuck cares my god. At that point you might as well compare penis sizes as some sort of inherent azn pryde characteristic.

WRX > Evo

FiTe Me.

Xanga: xXxImPoRtRaCeRxXx

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
if these sexy pictures are actually a virus me and my superior azn genes are gonna sue ur butt

Balls

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I think there is a place for it, but I disagree completely that it gets shut down in spaces like /r/asianamerican for no reason.

/r/aznidentity is loaded with misogyny and racism, and many of the posts reek of this. It's no wonder that those kinds of posts are shut down immediately in /r/asianamerican. Perhaps if people were able to have uncomfortable discussions without the racism and sexism, then thoes posts would be welcome in aa. IIRC, aznidentity was started by the same group of people of asianmasculinity, a pro-trump pro-red pill for asians place, and it certainly reeks of that.

I don't think it's okay to be so awful. There's no justification for it.

I lost all my appetite for /r/aznidentity when a thread was made where the poster (who was obviously a dude), said that he would "understand" (and sympathize) with Asian men that decided to pick up a gun and start shooting Asian women and white men that were dating each other, on account of seeing so many WMAF relationships.

And you know what? He didn't even get fucking called out for that shit. Completely unacceptable. When you say shit like that and don't even try to correct your own, then you're fucking gone to me.

I get there are problems with /r/asianamerican being very quick to delete/censor/ban (kind of like Reset), so this isn't excusing them. However, I have to say at the very least, I've never seen anything like that.

& btw, I have tried to be an active member of /r/aznidentity, but they WILL shadowban you if you start fighting against the sexism, misogyny, etc. It's 99% a circlejerk for how much they hate Asian women.
No, I get it. AI skews heavily towards the Asian male perspective although I've seen a few female posters contribute as well. Obviously I don't agree with everything they say cause they do say some crazy shit lol. But at the same time I do feel as an Asian male that they have some good content on there especially when it comes to using legitimate sociological case studies to discuss our place in western society. Stuff like that is interesting to me. I just simply don't see this type of deep discussion on r/asianamerican because everyone walks on eggshells due to the fear of getting banned. Now tbf that's probably cause they don't want it turning sour but it leaves for a very shallow discussion. But again, I don't blame you for being turned off of r/AI because they do say some crazy shit towards women 100%. It's just easier for me to ignore the misogyny and sexism to get to the good stuff because I'm a dude, however messed up that may sound.

Last edited:

S-Wind

Nov 4, 2017
I just arrived in L.A. I'll be here until the 28th. Visiting family - gonna meet my the 2 babies of 2 of my cousins and their respective spouses for the first time! And I'll squeeze in a day of rock climbing at Texas Canyon

Miletius

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Berkeley, CA
I mean come on wtf.

That is literally one step removed from what the 'fine folk' on /pol spend their time discussing in serious detail. It's good for a laugh though, because I can't imagine that somebody typed this out in seriousness.

Speaking of genes, I recently did 23 and me as an early Christmas present. It was pretty fun for me, since I'm super mixed to see what came out, so my sister and I had a fun time comparing our DNA with each other and our family. Highly recommended if you're interested.

Deleted member 2779

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pics or it didn't happen :<

Also what's up with uwu making a comeback, I remember using it back in my maple story days ten years ago.

lint2015

Oct 27, 2017
IIRC, aznidentity was started by the same group of people of asianmasculinity, a pro-trump pro-red pill for asians place, and it certainly reeks of that.

Yeah, nah that sounds like a garbage fire.

Thanks for clearing it up in your posts, I didn't know about the mysogyny stuff either. I don't know if people believe me but anyway, the reaction from that era thread was a bit much for me to take in. I'll be getting off era.
What era thread?

Sigh... another online dating fail from me. I thought we had something special there. Can someone tell me where I went wrong from the texts?

g0D8Etx.jpg
Xfamyzp.jpg
s0VPxCB.jpg
CFBpP1M.jpg
6erRoru.jpg
xfETPLX.jpg
Her texts are really hard to read lol, I only read the first screenshot. :|

EDIT: You're just making shit up about yourself and then demanding to see her tits. Or at least it reads that way?

OP
OP
Pet

Pet

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
That is literally one step removed from what the 'fine folk' on /pol spend their time discussing in serious detail. It's good for a laugh though, because I can't imagine that somebody typed this out in seriousness.

Speaking of genes, I recently did 23 and me as an early Christmas present. It was pretty fun for me, since I'm super mixed to see what came out, so my sister and I had a fun time comparing our DNA with each other and our family. Highly recommended if you're interested.

I LOVE 23andme, and the best part about it is that you can download your "raw data" and upload it into other sites!

I personally liked Promethease, use GEDmatch, and if you have Chinese ancestry, WeGene is good too. I got very excited about my heritage and learned something really cool about myself ^__^

I think I'm the one being trolled now.

Affirmative.

lint2015

Oct 27, 2017
I've always wanted to do one of those DNA test thingies but it seems too expensive from Australia... Hopefully the prices for them continue to go down.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
i was raised believing i descended from chinese peasanttry and i'll die believing that*

*i don't really care

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
I'm skeptical over my Asian breakdown on 23andme, but it got my split between my parents spot on.

Miletius

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Berkeley, CA
Same. It split my parents right down the middle. As far as my Asian side it was pretty non-controversial, pretty much 100 percent from tribal Japanese folk (i.e. Jomon), which came from the Han. It was fun to see my mitoDNA and how it traveled around.

Dec 24, 2017
My mom's side is comes from a merchant class, historically. Always been very comfortable merchants. Dad's side is straight up fish monger/uneducated manual laborers. I think my dad and his siblings are the first generation to not live in poverty. Where my dad grew up is Pusan is still a slum.

The two sides are kind of passive aggressive towards each other. It's typical city vs country. But something like this, man, if one side is determined to be slight more authentically Korean, or if Japanese DNA shows up somewhere, man. It'll be entertaining.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
Careful with this DNA stuff, you might find out you're 0.001% black!!! The horror!

Seriously though, how far do these DNA tests go? It would be amazing if it went back 200,000 years or so.

OP
OP
Pet

Pet

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
I'll be honest, African DNA will be better received than Japanese DNA.

I told my mom and she didn't mind, but there's no way in hell I'll tell my dad. He **hates** "the Japanese."

(I'm 6% Japanese, 6% aboriginal, and 88% Han Chinese. Stop shaking your head me at meph )

Why do our parents have to be so racist. Where is my panAsian identity. :<

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
I told my mom and she didn't mind, but there's no way in hell I'll tell my dad. He **hates** "the Japanese."

Why do our parents have to be so racist. Where is my panAsian identity. :<

I'm pretty sure there's more to it than racism when it comes to Asians hating Japanese. I mean, it is racism, but you know exactly where that hate comes from for better or worse.

OP
OP
Pet

Pet

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
I'm pretty sure there's more to it than racism when it comes to Asians hating Japanese. I mean, it is racism, but you know exactly where that hate comes from for better or worse.

I do understand why, but I don't understand why it has to be passed down to us.

I mean he holds like... all Japanese people personally responsible and it's annoying AF. If I ever mention sushi or doing anything Japanese he always HAS to make a remark about, oh, yes, "the Japanese <some racially charged comment here>." Then again, he voted for Trump, so who the fuck knows.

He works for a Japanese company too, and even though he's happy there I think he resents how all the top brass are Japanese. But, that's what it's like for a lot of Asian companies - top execs at Samsung US are still Koreans, top people at Kingston are Taiwanese, etc. I don't even know.