• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Pet

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
I know I'm late, but belated Merry Christmas and happy holidays y'all :)

lint2015

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah this guy's digging a pit for himself and it might've gotten too deep for him to climb out already.

Dec 24, 2017
How would you explain to your folks you are going to leave you stable career in risk management to become an artisanal cannabis cultivator, producer and seller?

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
Pet

Pet

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
How would you explain to your folks you are going to leave you stable career in risk management to become an artisanal cannabis cultivator, producer and seller?

Since you work in risk management, show them your risk management calculations that prove that your decision is in fact a financially sound one.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
00100dportrait_00100_3zffy.jpg

00100dportrait_00100_pwc89.jpg

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Over the holidays my family played some fun rhetorical ultimatum type games. When it comes to custard eggtarts do you prefer the puff/flaky crust or the shortbread/biscuit crust?

klee123

Oct 27, 2017
Over the holidays my family played some fun rhetorical ultimatum type games. When it comes to custard eggtarts do you prefer the puff/flaky crust or the shortbread/biscuit crust?

Puff any day when dining in. Although it needs to be super fresh straight out of the oven.

Otherwise shortbread crust if I was taking out.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Puff any day when dining in. Although it needs to be super fresh straight out of the oven.

Otherwise shortbread crust if I was taking out.
This is actually a great answer that makes a lot of sense sadly it would have been unacceptable during my family's christmas party. I actually picked the shortbread since I'm a grub and tend to get the flakes everywhere.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I had to moderate a white elephant dice game on Christmas. Before I took over, people were ending up with multiple gifts or no gifts and I had to make sure everyone retained one gift. Gotta get those dice back though, they were part of my monopoly set.

Dec 24, 2017
The cannabis career change conversation went well with my mom. My aunt was there and kinda flipped her evangelical lid. Fortunately my mother was able to snap back "You son is an arms dealer." Which is true.

My mom's side of the family has an arms dealer and a potential drug cultivator/dealer. Gangster.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The cannabis career change conversation went well with my mom. My aunt was there and kinda flipped her evangelical lid. Fortunately my mother was able to snap back "You son is an arms dealer." Which is true.

My mom's side of the family has an arms dealer and a potential drug cultivator/dealer. Gangster.
Everything about that is hilarious

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017

We now have a criminal in our group. We're watching you!

OP
OP
Pet

Pet

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal

How is it? That noodle looking dish is a little suspicious to me...

Good for your mom standing up to you and lol @ your aunt.

And good on you for being willing to tell your parents honestly what you want to do. I toyed with the idea of getting into the weed industry as well, but I would NEVER have told my parents.

klee123

Oct 27, 2017
This is actually a great answer that makes a lot of sense sadly it would have been unacceptable during my family's christmas party. I actually picked the shortbread since I'm a grub and tend to get the flakes everywhere.

Both have their place really, but yeah, the flaky sensation of the puff pastry when straight out of the oven is just amazing and can't be beat IMO.

A fresh egg tart with HK style milk tea is just bliss.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
How is it? That noodle looking dish is a little suspicious to me...
Pretty good. But I've always liked junky food.

I made it a point to order stuff that isn't on the US menu.

LOL

It's Filipino spaghetti. McDonalds has it (and fried chicken) there because Jollybee has it on their menu.

Jollybee spaghetti is good too. Never tried McDonalds.
They're comparable, with McD's spaghetti a little less sweet than Jollibee's. The chicken is basically the same.

JB has some other items, like palabok, whereas McD has some of its ol' American staples, like its burgers and McNuggets. They also have chicken filets and rice with gravy, but I couldn't order everything.

JB is also a lot more popular here, but for some reason it doesn't seem to work in the States.

thermopyle

Nov 8, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Jollybee's spaghetti is waaaay too sweet for me but I do like their fried chicken. I do have a ton of nostalgia for it though, eating tons during my childhood in the Philippines.

Yinyangfooey

Oct 27, 2017
LOL sorry to bring this topic up again

So there this was a post this morning in the Subtle Asian Dating group where this one girl posted a collage of her exes and the caption was like "why do all my exes all look the same". It was 4 different white dudes with the same face shape and haircut. They all looked the same it was so uncanny. As you can expect the comment section blew the fuck up and she was getting roasted in them, ranging from stuff like "uhh you certainly have a...type" to "weird flex but ok".

The post is gone now (she prob must have deleted it) but like, I'm confused. Four exes, all white, with all the same haircut...like you can't call that a coincidence, can you? And this same person posted a photo of one of her Tinder convos where this one guy tried to say hi to her in Chinese and her caption was like "nah".

I just feel like at some point you just gotta sit down and ask yourself what kinds of people you typically attract/date. Now, it's not to say all white dudes are Asian fetishizers. I guess you can't control who you end up falling for, regardless of race or ethnicity but like ????? how does this keep happening

Balls

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

So there this was a post this morning in the Subtle Asian Dating group where this one girl posted a collage of her exes and the caption was like "why do all my exes all look the same". It was 4 different white dudes with the same face shape and haircut. They all looked the same it was so uncanny. As you can expect the comment section blew the fuck up and she was getting roasted in them, ranging from stuff like "uhh you certainly have a...type" to "weird flex but ok".

The post is gone now (she prob must have deleted it) but like, I'm confused. Four exes, all white, with all the same haircut...like you can't call that a coincidence, can you? And this same person posted a photo of one of her Tinder convos where this one guy tried to say hi to her in Chinese and her caption was like "nah".

I just feel like at some point you just gotta sit down and ask yourself what kinds of people you typically attract/date. Now, it's not to say all white dudes are Asian fetishizers. I guess you can't control who you end up falling for, regardless of race or ethnicity but like ????? how does this keep happening
Sounds like she's in the wrong group lmao.

DosaDaRaja

Oct 26, 2017

Not in that group, but from your description, it sounds like she's poking fun at the fact that white ppl routinely joke about asians all looking the same?

lint2015

Oct 27, 2017

Combined with the Tinder screenshot, it sounds like she's out to make a point in an Asian group that she only dates white guys?

OP
OP
Pet

Pet

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal

Is this the post where someone said "your taste in men is as bland as the chicken they cook"?

Because no lie, I lol'd at that.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
siiiiiiiiiiiiiigh

FIL: <bunch of Taiwanese I don't understand>
FIL: <random English> I really really love Trump. He protect Taiwan.

Deleted member 2779

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Happy bday!

I had the first kinda proper new years morning with my extended family in a while since I'm usually away. Had some wholesome food and ended up taking four of my cousins to see Spiderman lol.